Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well thank you for the information, but i cant agree with you that this that blizzard make is better with hunters pet. You choose to play hunter so you know about few different things about this class and if there is no more hapiness and all pets making 125% more dmg....sry but this is a big buff. If you play pvp ot even pve. For example: entring arena with sad pet, wasent something that happend a lot but it does happend, and that may fail the hunter. If pet will have this + 125 % dmg all the time, all classes must have some buff up on most of there spells/abillitys....

Quote Originally Posted by Minimadness View Post
    Well thank you for the information, but i cant agree with you that this that blizzard make is better with hunters pet. You choose to play hunter so you know about few different things about this class and if there is no more hapiness and all pets making 125% more dmg....sry but this is a big buff. If you play pvp ot even pve. For example: entring arena with sad pet, wasent something that happend a lot but it does happend, and that may fail the hunter. If pet will have this + 125 % dmg all the time, all classes must have some buff up on most of there spells/abillitys....
    I tend to disagree on that, most good (yes good) hunters are aware when their pet is sad, and all it takes is a cast or two of mend pet (or some food) and it's back to 125% as it is all the time..
    As it is right now it's just a nuisance button we sometimes have to press if we see a yellow sign.. I mean heck it costs me like 2-5gold per week because I'm lazy about spamming mend pet and just feed it instead and the dps increase of having the dmg increase 100% of the time is minuscule (unless you always run around with red pets)

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^ imo it's just convenience, which is a good thing. No other classes don't need a buff to compensate.

I still need to learn to use my pets abilities rather than leaving them on Auto >.>

Keep in mind that post 4.1 the base pet level damage is will be the same as what is currently granted when at happy (currently 125%). In other words, pet damage is staying the same, all we're losing is those times when happiness (and subsequently damage) falls. I have to agree that this is a good change. If they had removed feed pet entirely I'd be a bit sad, I'm one of those hold-outs who doesn't use the glyph of mend pet, and always rely on feeding or combat to restore happiness. It's just one of those little things that makes it feel like an actual pet, and not just a class mechanic.

Besides, that instant 50% heal is gonna be awesome for pvp. I was actually thinking about this the other day, are we assuming that the cunning talent carrion feeder is just going to work the same as feed pet now? I haven't been on the ptr to check this myself.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

p.p. I also have a question to any Marksmanship hunter at max lvl. Do rapid killing at 85lvl hunter is good and working at pve ?Cose like the abillity says target gaining honor ot exp - 85lvl not gaining exp,and i dont play pvp. So if someone can explane this to me I will be happy. Thanks in advance
    When you kill a mob that would normally grant you exp (anything but gray) Rapid Killing procs.It doesn't matter if you're at the level cap or not.A single point is a good investment due to Rapid Recuperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Misread the post above.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have another fast question for anyone who can answer: I run BM (not raiding, mostly heroics) and for the Survival talents, is it better to have 2 in ISS and 1 in Pathing, or the full three in Pathing? I'm a Goblin hunter and only have about 6% haste right now (still gearing for pve) so would those 3 in pathing outweigh the 2 for ISS?

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

I'm of the opinion that the ISS talents is good for 3 things: PvP (where every little bit counts and you'll be putting SS up on new targets frequently), to improve the damage of multi-shot via serpent spread for SV hunters, and possibly while leveling.

For dungeons and raids, the recommended practice is to not bother with SS on targets that will die quickly, as it won't get enough ticks in to outweigh the damage a single arcane (or explosive, or whatever) shot would have done if used instead. And of course on larger targets and boss fights, you really only need to manually apply SS once (maybe a few more depending on fight), so the added benefit of some initial damage is really, really minimal.

In other words, as a Beastmaster doing mostly dungeon and solo work, go with the 3/3 pathing.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help Cyph

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Deleted
    Thanks for the info :3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scranton, PA...yes where the office was made!
    ty for the info!

Deleted
    Hey, i have some troubles with the ej guide regarding mm haste breakpoints. for how much haste should i be going in a standard aimed shot focus dump build.
    and how much would it be with 4t11?
    thanks in advance!

As I said in another post, the Hunter Union post used 2/3 Pathing for their calculations, and thus made many of their calculations irrelevant to anybody trying to get the most out of their character.

There is a nice guide on the US forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9087?page=1#10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin View Post
    This article has a nice discussion on this topic:

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...aste-plateaus/
    This is also from the man that recommended you stay in fox for the entirety of a fight with movement.

Read Whitefyst's thread at EJ it is pretty mathy but there are about 3 different builds he goes over that are viable depending upon what haste level you can/want to get up to.

i don't think they will use arcane when they can use chimera.

yay, blackarrow buff --> sv goes > mm

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

The BA buff will only balance the CA nerf.

Minor updates, hope to get things more up to date with 4.1. ;S