Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Without access to Cobra Shot or being able to hit the Mastery cap, will MM continue to be the top DPS spec for raiding at Lv80?

Ok guys, I checked the PTR again and, as it was said, draenei racial is a self buff now. So I did some math and the following came out:

1 hit rating = 0,0325174825174825 %
    so
    246 hit rating = 7,999300699300695 % = 8% rounded to 2nd position after comma, like wow does
    or (for draenei)
    216 hit rating = 7,02377622377622 % + 1% racial = 8,02 % rounded

Those are the right numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    4.0.1 Hunters

[b][color=#BF0000]
    Glyphs of Interest [PvE]:
    Here are some glyphs that caught my eye, still looking into whats best come 4.0.1
    Prime Glyph (Dps Glyphs):
    • Glyph of Kill Shot - If the damage from your Kill Shot fails to kill a target at or below 20% health, your Kill Shot's cooldown is instantly reset. This effect has a 6 sec cooldown.
    • Glyph of Arcane Shot - Your Arcane Shot deals 12% more damage.
    The third slot depends on your spec [BM|MM|SV]:
    • Glyph of Kill Command - Reduces the Focus cost of your Kill Command by 3.
    • Glyph of Steady Shot - Increases the damage dealt by Steady Shot by 10% when your target is afflicted with Serpent Sting.
    • Glyph of Explosive Shot - Increases the critical strike chance of Explosive Shot by 6%.
    Major Glyph (Utility Glyphs):
    • Glyph of Disengage - Decreases the cooldown of Disengage by 5 sec.
    • Glyph of Ice Trap - Increases the radius of the effect from your Ice Trap by 2 yards.
    • Glyph of Concussive Shot - Increases the duration of your Concussive Shot by 2 sec.
    • Glyph of Silencing Shot - When you successfully silence an enemy's spell cast with Silencing Shot, you instantly gain 10 focus.
    • Glyph of Bestial Wrath - Decreases the cooldown of Bestial Wrath by 20 sec.
    Minor Glyph (Miscellaneous Glyphs):
    • Glyph of Aspect of the Pack - Increases the range of your Aspect of the Pack ability by 15 yards.
    • Glyph of Feign Death - Reduces the cooldown of your Feign Death spell by 5 sec.
    • Glyph of Mend Pet - Your Mend Pet spell increases your pet's happiness slightly.
    First of all thank you for this post, i think lots of people will find it useful. Second, i have to say that i disagree with one of your glyph choices. I don't think Arcane shot glyph will be desired with MM or SV. As far as i know it shares a cooldown with exposive shot and chimera shot (I'm not in beta so idk if its still true). I've never played MM but i don't think they will use arcane when they can use chimera.

I'm raiding with SV and i don't ever use it (only for mobs who are immune to fire). instead of using that glyph, SV and MM hunters can consider using "Rapid fire", "Serpent Sting" and for MM "Steady shot" glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaria View Post
    First of all thank you for this post, i think lots of people will find it useful. Second, i have to say that i disagree with one of your glyph choices. I don't think Arcane shot glyph will be desired with MM or SV. As far as i know it shares a cooldown with exposive shot and chimera shot (I'm not in beta so idk if its still true). I've never played MM but i don't think they will use arcane when they can use chimera.
    Does not share CD. Its spammable and a good focus dump, so it will be an excellent choice.

BM?

First of all thank you very much for the good info compilation!

In these days there is something I'm thinking and, since I'm not on the pts, I cannot give me an answer (I'll take the risk to say obvious things, don't flame me plz :V)
    Most of the high end pieces of gear have crit and arp on them --> the greatest part of our arp will be converted in haste (in my case only the arp coming from my DBW will become crit) --> most of hunters will have ~800 haste when 4.0.1 comes out.
    Will the haste soft cap remain 523? If the answer is yes, won't the BM spec totally waste all the haste on gears (since they get the softcap at 0 haste)?
    Is haste affecting the global cooldown now? I know that the steady shot cast will still be lowered unde 1,5sec but if haste doesn't affect the GCD there will still be ~450 haste completely wasted!
    With the other two specs instead, if the haste soft cap doesn't change, you automatically haste softcapped.

In other words: will BM suck (for raiding use) with the current 80 gears?

Thanks in advance for the clarifications and sry for my bad eng

^^ Report for sticky.

Question

Ok, this may has been already answer'd somewhere but I can't find it so..

Since we will get focus on the next week.. how about the equips? Every leveling item that are good for us but has +Int, etc. and every High-end item? Will they stay with mana or they'll get a major update?

*prepares to receive many flamming stones*

All the Int. on physical mail dps gear are being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sajin View Post
    Ok, this may has been already answer'd somewhere but I can't find it so..

Since we will get focus on the next week.. how about the equips? Every leveling item that are good for us but has +Int, etc. and every High-end item? Will they stay with mana or they'll get a major update?

*prepares to receive many flamming stones*
    No, all of your gear is changing with this patch as well. You will no longer have intellect on ANY of your gear. You will also no longer see attack power or armor penetration. It's all getting converted to either stamina, crit, or haste. That makes it sound like we're losing a ton of attack power in the process, except agility will now be providing 2 points of ap, instead of just 1, so it's gonna be close.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Add new priority for hunters from Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t105901-...s_cataclysm/):
    BM:
    if HM is not on target or running out in less than a set time and there´s no MfD on target and focus/cooldowns/target heath don´t allow for KS or KC
    --> cast HM
    if KS is off CD and target health is at or below 20%
    --> cast KS
    if KC is off CD and enough focus
    --> cast KC
    if SpS is not on target and enough focus
    --> cast SpS
    if focus over or at 75 (modified by Efficiency)
    --> cast AS
    none of the above
    --> cast CoS

MM:
    if HM is not on target or running out in less than a set time and there´s no MfD on target and MfD is not talented and focus/cooldowns/target heath don´t allow for KS or CS
    --> cast HM
    --> cast KS
    if CS is off CD and enough focus
    --> cast CS
    if MMM buff is up
    --> cast AimS
    --> cast SpS
    if SS won´t overcap focus and last spell has been SS and the spell before last spell has not been SS
    --> cast SS
    if enough focus to cast AS now and still enough to cast CS whenever it comes off CD
    --> cast AS
    none of the above
    --> cast SS

SV:
    if HM is not on target or running out in less than a set time and there´s no MfD on target and focus/cooldowns/target heath don´t allow for KS, ES or BA
    --> cast HM
    --> cast KS
    if ES is off CD and either enough focus or LnL charges left and last ES cast is 2 or more seconds ago
    --> cast ES
    if BA is off CD and enough focus
    --> cast BA
    --> cast SpS
    if focus over or at 75 (modified by Efficiency) and there´s no LnL buff
    --> cast AS
    if KC is off CD and enough focus and LnL buff up
    --> cast KC
    none of the above
    --> cast CoS

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be stickying this shortly once he considers some of my proposed edits.

It's a well done post, though.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill update this post with gear conversions you want to get in a few hours when I finalise my list, but basically it's something like:

Distant Land(H) > Oathbinder
    Mail Boots from Blood Council > Frost Bitten Fur Boots(H)
    Lootship Cape(H) > Badge Cape
    Not sure about belts, bracers
    DV/WFS Combo > STS/DBW
    Still working on necks
    Ranged, possibly a bug, but alot of the H ICC ranged weps are now shit.

As I said, ill update later.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rukah, I'd modify that list just a bit.
    Bloodfall(H) > DL(H) > Oathbinder
    Returning Footfalls > Treads > Frost Bitten depending on the hit you have
    Lootship cape entered my gearset once I passed the Arp cap, so I agree with that.
    Fal'inrush(H) > Stakethrower (H) > Zod's(H) > Fal'inrush
    I have no idea where you're getting your numbers for trinkets.

HWFS
    148crit
    1250ap/15s

HDBW
    167crit
    700agi/1400ap/700crit for 30s

STS
    184crit
    1472ap/15

HDV
    288ap
    510agi/15

There is almost absolutely no way that HWFS is going to be a part of any BIS combo.
    Last edited by Ailthas; 2010-10-12 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekali View Post
    wow that was alot information about huntards xD
    Gtfo

First post updated:
    - New Charts from Petopia.
    - Cited my information where I can and remember [Sticky Standards].
    - Added disclaimers to parts where further examination is needed [Sticky Standards].

Quote Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
    First post updated:
    - New Charts from Petopia.
    - Cited my information where I can and remember [Sticky Standards].
    - Added disclaimers to parts where further examination is needed [Sticky Standards].
    Are you planning to do a section on PVP?
    Because so far using the glyphs / talents you are using we would get destroyed in PVP =P
    I mean, I know it is meant to be PVE stuff, you said so in the post... but still...

One major thing is missing from this, the GCD has been reduced to 1sec instead of 1.5sec. This helps to increase the value of Haste because we always want our Steady Shot to be as close to the GCD as possible. This sort of went away with ArP being so important but now that we are no longer avoiding Haste on our gear we are going to want to start doing it again. That and it affects Focus regen as has already been stated. Since we are stacking Agi again we have a lot of crit, at least at 80, so if you are close to BiS gear you'll have a lot of crit that you can reforge into Haste, Mastery or Hit. I reforged Crit on every single piece of gear and was still left with 60% crit chance before raid buffs or procs like DBW.

Amazing post, should be stickied imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Currently I'm only concerned about gemming. What do we gem for each spec? Will we need different gems for each spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    Currently I'm only concerned about gemming. What do we gem for each spec? Will we need different gems for each spec?
    SV most likely will be pure agi since it benefits for passive and the personal buff.
    Last edited by Qhara; 2010-10-12 at 05:32 AM.