Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, forgot to add the Sun Scope. Remember this guide is a general overview for all three spec so Heartseeker will still be on the list.

Ahhh ok. Its good to have a compilation like you have somewhere out there. Thanks for putting in the time to make this, even though I knew all this stuff already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barani View Post
    Actually Sun Scope(+40 Haste Rating) is better for us right now than the previous best Heartseeker. And I am not some crazy hag if you go to Kripp's armory he has it too. So its has some more value to it and it actually works if Kripp is able to get a World first PP parse.
    Hasn't he not had a world 1st since like jaraxx? Sounds to me like he is dropping off the charts a little.

When I last checked, on a lot of the "dps race" encounters, moshlol(Adpet), Emgee(Tribunal) and a few other hunters were ahead of him and the 1st two listed are both oceanic players :S

I could be horribly wrong here though
    Last edited by Rukah; 2010-10-24 at 10:18 PM.

If you're at/over the Hit Cap a Nightmare Tear is better then a Glinting Dreadstone, right? And if meeting socket bonus' and at/over the hit cap a Shifting Dreadstone (Agili/Stam) is also better then a Glinting Dreadstone in Blue sockets? Unless I'm missing something and wasted Hit isn't a bad thing for some reason?

At first, the patch changes frustrated me but after a bit of experimentation and getting use to the new Hunter mechanics, I love my Hunter and still find MM a top DPS build for me. I made my own spec according to what I thought would give me maximum DPS and although it isn't perfect, I'm able to hit 7k unbuffed easier than prior to the patch where I maxed out at 6k, averaging in the mid 5k range. I'm not an expert at the Hunter class but I've played it long enough to know what does and doesn't work for me so the following is merely what I use.

My rotation as MM: Hunter's Mark (Macro'd in with Pet Attack) -> Serpent Sting -> Arcane Shot x2-4 -> Steady Shot x2-3 -> Kill Command -> Chimera Shot -> Steady Shot x2-3 -> Rinse & Repeat -> Kill Shot (Whenever Aimed Shot or Kill Command procs, use them.)

So far , I have raided in ICC as both MM and BM and I have to say that BM is better. While MM rules on the target dummies, it somehow falls down in actual raiding. I also disagree about Serpent Sting for BM. I have foregone the Kill Shot Glyph and even the KC one for Serpent, Steady, and Arcane in the prime slots. I also have 2 points in Improved Serpent as well as still retaining the 2 piece T9 bonus. I don't use the Killshot glyph because it's too situational and KS doesn't do the damage it used to. I prefer having a glyph that helps me all of the time. I also don't use the Kill Command glyph. Three focus? who cares? When I get Cobra Shot, then of course the Steady glyph will be replaced. My BM spec is up about 2k dps over pre-patch while MM is up about 600 but only on the target dummies. I can't do what I used to with it in raids any more.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2010-10-26 at 04:12 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    OP: You state in the rotation part of the post that we should be using Black Arrow if someone else is using Explosive Trap why is that? Doesn't multiple Explosive Trap stack just like any other debuff that is same over multiple classes? For example several Hunters can all have Serpent Sting on the target.

Anyway I rather use Black Arrow. Also want to point out as a Survival Hunter it is better to use Serpent Sting before Black Arrow because of the +10% damage bonus we get from having Serpent Sting on the target.

Spl4sh3r check out the "4.0.1 Build Guides" thread for advanced info.

As for Explosive Trap/Black Arrow, that's because multiple Explosive Traps do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Demilune1 View Post
    My question is regarding when I should use Arcane shot in BM, I did a 6 min parse on a heroic training dummy and I still don't have my rotation perfected but I was wondering what other BM hunters were doing. I usually get nervous around 40ish focus to cast arcane shot so my best guess would be > 60. Normally I BW-KC-AS-AS-SS-AS-KC, rinse repeat and make sure that I don't focus starve myself, but I always do. For some reason I think im making bad decisions on when to AS and SS. I just want to know what everyone else is doing and maybe it can help me with my focus problem.
    After applying serpent, my BM rotation is first BW then a repeating series of KC,AS,SS,SS,AS,SS. I actually have that set up in a cast sequence macro and don't watch cooldowns at all. I only watch focus and hit fervor if and when I have to which isn't very often. Just keep up SerpS,FF,RF, and BW when they are available and you should be fine. The only time I deviate is in large trash groups where after sending in the pet, I MS spam until low, then Fervor and a few more MS if needed, then single target the rest.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2010-10-26 at 06:49 AM.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerwookie View Post
    If you're at/over the Hit Cap a Nightmare Tear is better then a Glinting Dreadstone, right? And if meeting socket bonus' and at/over the hit cap a Shifting Dreadstone (Agili/Stam) is also better then a Glinting Dreadstone in Blue sockets? Unless I'm missing something and wasted Hit isn't a bad thing for some reason?
    Well nighmare tear and Shifting Dreadstone are basicly the same, except that the tear has 3 colors instead of 2. If you are hitcapped or above hitcap, you can still use Glinting Dreadstones since you can reforge hit on your gear. And that makes Glinting Dreadstones way better than the other 2 gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerwookie View Post
    Only for purposes of activating the meta. One Shifting Dreadstone is the thing to use, in the blue socket with the best bonus, if you're hit capped otherwise. If you're hitcapped from gear, it's the same gemming strategy as pre-patch, one blue to activate meta, then ignore other blue sockets. Just the identity of the best gem has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick clarificatoin.

You list there hit being the most important stat (well derp) but which is the suggested method:

Get hitcapped via purple gems?

or

Get hitcapped via Reforging?

ta.

I definitely prefer purple gems. That allows you to reforge for maximum mastery, and pick up socket bonuses that you'd otherwise have to ignore.

Again as of right now, our only way of getting Mastery is through reforging. So reforging is reserved for Mastery if possible.

We have three enchants that we can use:
    +20 Hit Rating [Precision]
    +25 Hit Rating + Crit.[Accuracy]
    +12 Hit/12 Crit [Icewalker]
    +30 Hit Rating [Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope]

Along with gems.

What would you do with those 3 talents then? there is nothing better...

The only option would be to put 2 points instead of 3 and put the 1 extra point into Efficiency.

And besides once Cataclysm hits and we get Aspect of the fox we can benefit from the 3 forucs regen from One With Nature aswell as the 30% increase to hawk. You'd have to be mental not to max it out.

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 02:26 PM ----------

A Nightmare Tear is the perfect gem to compliment the 21 Agi Meta Gem. It counts as a yellow and a blue gem so that you can just stack agi gems in every single other socket.

According to the new Femaledwarf.com, reforging either crit or haste into mastery results in a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    According to the new Femaledwarf.com, reforging either crit or haste into mastery results in a dps loss.
    I wouldn't really trust the numbers on Femaledwarf right now, they all seem to be incorrect. For example, if I set it up so all of my crit is reforged into Mastery (which it is on live) then it tells me I have 33% WQ proc chance... which is totally wrong, because on live I have a 41% chance. Femaledwarf is definitely not optimized yet, so I would not use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I wouldn't really trust the numbers on Femaledwarf right now, they all seem to be incorrect. For example, if I set it up so all of my crit is reforged into Mastery (which it is on live) then it tells me I have 33% WQ proc chance... which is totally wrong, because on live I have a 41% chance. Femaledwarf is definitely not optimized yet, so I would not use it.
    I was under the impression FD was only going to be structured for lvl85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong topic <_<
    Last edited by Crucialus; 2010-10-29 at 12:20 PM.

It often happens that I can cast one more steady shot before CS comes off cd. Alternative choices would be: Waiting around 1.5s, doing 2 Steady Shots and therefore delay the CS, or (what would be the worst case I guess), using an Arcane Shot before CS. What should I do?