Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadow Priests and 4.0

Just wondering what the situation is going to be like in 4.0, specifically when it comes to gemming. Will I need to re-gem all of my gear to Int, etc?

Any comments or answers would be helpful. Thanks!

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

All the gems you have as sp now will be converted to int. You will likely be over hit cap due to the spirit = hit talent. Reforge all spirit as necessary to haste remembering that 17 percent is the cap. Misery and the racial are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Catracie View Post
    All the gems you have as sp now will be converted to int. You will likely be over hit cap due to the spirit = hit talent. Reforge all spirit as necessary to haste remembering that 17 percent is the cap. Misery and the racial are gone.
    I thought this at first as well, but you need to read it more in depth. It says "All spirit gained by items or effects" turn into +hit. That means that your base spirit won't be converted. I don't know about you, but I only have spirit on my Dying Light staff, which will be nice, but I don't have it on any other of gear.

Also, isn't Divine Spirit gone in 4.0?

Finally, what do people think about, if you have any extra, converting some useless stats into +Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Finally, what do people think about, if you have any extra, converting some useless stats into +Mastery?
    Mastery is one of those useless stats, haste/crit are worth alot more point for point at the moment on the ptr. There's a thread about it in the cata forums on shadowpriest.com that you should check out.

Think of how bad haste was pre 3.0 when it didn't affect any dots, or how bad crit was in burning crusade when it only affected mind blast. Mastery will be even worse for us than haste or crit was then. Basically shadow priests will be avoiding mastery like the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    Think of how bad haste was pre 3.0 when it didn't affect any dots, or how bad crit was in burning crusade when it only affected mind blast. Mastery will be even worse for us than haste or crit was then. Basically shadow priests will be avoiding mastery like the plague.
    Haste will be even more valuable with it applying to SWP now, Mastery as applied now will be a bit useless as a stat.

OT: Reforge to get hit cap, then pick up as much haste as you can.

It's really to bad that Mastery is so borked for us. On paper it looks great, with big crits, but in reality I guess it's kind of bad.

I hope Blizzard addresses this issue.

There is a 4.0.1 Checklist thread over at shadowpriest.com that lays it all out there for you, everything you need to know for 4.0.1.

I can't link it because I have a low post count. Look in the Cataclysm forum.

I'm pretty sure you can't reforge a stat like spirit, only secondary stats (those written in green).
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't reforge a stat like spirit, only secondary stats (those written in green).
    I remember reading that we will be allowed to reforge spirit.

You can reforge spirit atm.

Hmmm interesting.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    There is a 4.0.1 Checklist thread over at shadowpriest.com that lays it all out there for you, everything you need to know for 4.0.1.

I can't link it because I have a low post count. Look in the Cataclysm forum.
    I actually reposted it here for you guys as well.

It's kind of annoying that I have no spirit gear except for on my staff.

If Mastery would be reshaped to something in the likes of "15% more damage" but applying to all dots I'd be happy.
    As of now it's not that amazing but maybe over time it will get revamped

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    If Mastery would be reshaped to something in the likes of "15% more damage" but applying to all dots I'd be happy.
    Affliction already has that. Orbs are a great mastery idea. It's just poorly implemented currently.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    Affliction already has that. Orbs are a great mastery idea. It's just poorly implemented currently.
    Well since Shadow is fairly alike to Affliction it would be a decent change imo
    The only difference is, we have a ramp up time, in such way that we need to get an orb first to get the damage increase, Afflic locks get it regardless.
    Ok it won't take too long to get one but there's still an annoying factor

I think the issue more than the ramp up time is that the orbs are too one dimensional. A simple damage boost is stupid. There needs to be a way to consume the orbs for some damage boost, like a COOLDOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    I think the issue more than the ramp up time is that the orbs are too one dimensional. A simple damage boost is stupid. There needs to be a way to consume the orbs for some damage boost, like a COOLDOWN!
    I wouldnt mind pushing another button if it meant having control over my mastery in pvp...

right now whenever im going for a snare, orbs get used up for MS when i would rather save it for the MB crit and snare -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    We also have that in Dark Evangelism. Shadow Orbs, while not gamebreaking in pve, they work and I'm fine being balanced around a relatively weak gimmick. The problem comes in for pvp where we'll hardly be able to use our orbs for Mind Blast reliably as we'll constantly be having to drop our orbs for a cast of Mind Spike. Also when raiding, my only complaint with them is we're supposed to wait until a 3 stacks of orbs to use Mind Blast, but also supposed to cast Mind Blast very 5.5 seconds on cooldown. Seems like we have a chance of the RNG game to make full use of the mastery from time to time.

We don't really need another consumption cooldown and something we have to track though as we just got that with Dark Archangel and still have our Shadowfiend.