Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I started out ally on Ner'zhul (kicked ass) then moved to a college town and new friends played Horde while old friends stopped. X'fer'd my toons and now its Horde. Really it doesn't make a difference to me I like the gameplay of wow so other than Ally having a better story its no different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    You're a lone adventurer, not a denizen of any of the cities...
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Blood_Oath_of_the_Horde
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

does anyone else hate gnomes?
    and not really understand their place in World of Warcraft?
    they really arent intimidating in any way...i jsut dont understand it

Because I will always love tauren. They're the single least despicable race in the game, the only ones that ever do anything mean or fucked up are the Grimtotems, and even other tauren can't stand them. They're not even members of the Horde.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

I played alliance from release to midway between 2.4 and 3.0. That was because my outfit(played Planetside before wow) transfered over and they were a human only guild with the exception of nonhuman classes. But anyway guild kinda broke apart and moved on to another more "exciting" game since they weren't too into raiding and i stuck around with some friends. Late into bc I just got bored and wanted to see how the other side played, so i rolled horde and i've been playing it ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm 12 and horde is sooo badass man!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one quest in Dragonblight that's nowhere near obligatory. I'm sure you can do better than that
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played to interact with some real-life acquaintances who played WoW. Now that both some time has passed and the intro of Real ID, I've taken a hiatus from my Horde Pally to play Alliance again.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

cooler capital cities

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    That's one quest in Dragonblight that's nowhere near obligatory. I'm sure you can do better than that
    That's the same blood oath you are under being a member of the horde.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I always play the opposite faction to humans, I already am one, why would I want to be on there team.

I dunno why I started, I just always liked the FEEL of the Horde more. Maybe it was because they seemed more powerful. Maybe it was because they were the underdog. Maybe it was because I liked the dances more (capoeira and headbanging ftw). Maybe it's a lot of things. I still play both races, because that's how I get my $15 worth, but I always feel more at home as Horde.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Rukh@

Let's forget it is a fantasy game based on a similar DnD environment. Ever read about medieval stories and tales? They have oaths like that, but it is mostly done to show respect and loyalty. The alliance has done horrible things to their own people, starting with just Deadmines. Maybe you need to read more lore into your own fraction. The horde may have done bad things but they at least don't try to hide it all the time and look like nice innocent people.

I started to play as alliance but always thought the lore was poor and rulers of the alliance were major douchebags with the exception of King Magni Bronzebeard, this guy rocks and the Draenei. But I started to truly play horde when I switched servers and fraction changed to play with friends, never looked back and don't regret it one bit. Better lore, better quests and over all it has a better feel to it.
    Last edited by toxicdinos; 2010-10-10 at 05:07 AM.

Shamans.

And then alliance got hotter shamans, fml. But it was too late by then, I already loved the faction for more than a class. :P Mostly because of our dominance in the battlegrounds. lol
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple, cause they're evil and I can't stand playing the good guys.
    Plus they look better too

My friends played horde so i went horde as well.

I don't really like it but its where my friends are so i can stomach the gross atmosphere.

I just found the horde races, sans undead a bit more noble and filled with better back story. Nelves were immortal and racist, the humans are young and racist, the gnomes just suck ass and dwarves are nothing but an irish stereotype. I'm not even getting into the German boyscouts known as the space octogoats.
    Last edited by curiositykilledthecat; 2010-10-10 at 06:00 AM. Reason: typo

Because I wanted to see what Faction change did

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play horde at the moment, and I die a little inside whenever I have to log in to see my Female Human Paladin greeting me .