Ground Mounts obsolete come Cata?

Now that all zones allow flying mounts is there any purpose to ground mounts other than low level characters and battlegrounds?

itll probably be just like wrath. you cant use them up to a certain level (say 83 or 84, maybe even 85?) but then ground mounts are sort of useless.

some dungeons, but generally speaking they're becoming obsolete.
    One more reason to make mount account wide, so you can at least use your favourite groundmounts while leveling - when you can obtain the more interesting ones, you won't be using them any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    itll probably be just like wrath. you cant use them up to a certain level (say 83 or 84, maybe even 85?) but then ground mounts are sort of useless.
    Yes it will so delete them all if you can.

Deleted
    no, they'll be perfectly fine for level 20-60

level 60. I'm too lazy to find the blue post that says all players over 60 can pay 250g for it, but it's there someplace.

i think i've seen a blue post saying we'll be able to fly at 80 already...which is kinda dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Will still be places you can't fly like cities, BGs, some raids...
    "It is most gratifying that your enthusiasm for our planet continues unabated, and so we would like to assure you that the guided missiles currently converging with your ship are part of a special service we extend to all of our most enthusiastic clients, and the fully armed nuclear warheads are of course merely a courtesy detail. We look forward to your custom in future lives ... thank you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i think i've seen a blue post saying we'll be able to fly at 80 already...which is kinda dumb
    not really, the only reason we couldnt fly at 70 in wrath was the majority of the zones weren't engineered for it. Whereas storm peaks and icecrown worked with flying mounts, all the new zones in cata will probably require flying at certain points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennor View Post
    not really, the only reason we couldnt fly at 70 in wrath was the majority of the zones weren't engineered for it. Whereas storm peaks and icecrown worked with flying mounts, all the new zones in cata will probably require flying at certain points.
    if u r saying its not dumb, then i have to say: it is...i thought they'd make it to something meaningful, that u have the feeling u achieved something...not just install the xpac and fly around...but thats all about preferences

Lightbulb

The Flight Master's License requires level 60 to purchase and use.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=90267

Deleted
    It will be usable mostly in BG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    if u r saying its not dumb, then i have to say: it is...i thought they'd make it to something meaningful, that u have the feeling u achieved something...not just install the xpac and fly around...but thats all about preferences
    dude the zones are huge..

Deleted
    I've been told that, you can't use Flying mounts in the main part of the city. You get dismount like you do in dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Drundy View Post
    It will be usable mostly in BG's.
    I guess that we get Flying Mounts that are unable to fly, but usable in BG. Jklol
    Wasn't there that kind of bug in Beta or something?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I've been told that, you can't use Flying mounts in the main part of the city. You get dismount like you do in dalaran.
    You cannot fly in some parts, but you won't be dismounted anymore - so you will use your flight mount as ground mount.