Poll: Which tier-form do/did you prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Seems like the op wrote with a bit of bias. vanilla nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    okay, this just in, im writing down the names of EVERYBODY i see QQ about wrath being too easy. you QQ about cata being over tuned and i will CRUCIFY you.
    I can't wait for the actual challening fights back in cata... but rest assured the same people begging for this and calling wrath ez mode will be qq'ing the loudest.

How can you tell if you will be one of them? If your guild made its first icc clear after the 10% buff you'll be on of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exaltednun View Post
    I can't wait for the actual challening fights back in cata... but rest assured the same people begging for this and calling wrath ez mode will be qq'ing the loudest.

How can you tell if you will be one of them? If your guild made its first icc clear after the 10% buff you'll be on of them.
    I wonder if the Wrath difficulty whiners even stepped 1 foot in Ulduar during 3.1

Ulduar was great for tiers, you didnt have to have a full tier set to be good for raiding, you could sub in different pieces, i dont believe i ever finished my tier set, however i was full 226/219. Its great for tiers to drop off bosses, in ulduar they didnt feel like a necessity, but i definately wanted to get some of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the General Discussion Boards.
    Dawwwwwww

I'd like to see 3 sets: PVP, Dungeon, Raiding set. Upgrade pvp set each season, upgrade dungeon set each new content patch, update raiding set each new content patch.

I like how the constant farming and waiting for Tiers 1-3 are "epic" and cool while farming and waiting for Tiers 9-10 and boring and lame...

even though with the first tiers there was a high chance that no matter how much you raided you would never complete them. OMG FUN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

well i play a and have to say tier 2-3 looked pretty dam good (but not 7-7.5,5)

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting u made ur own little opinion bashing one of the choices and u thought u could make a poll, this includes false information buy saying the average guild because of how much content there was actually went beyond 4 nights a week. only the most hard core guilds did that and that would be bt and hyjal nights. hell.... once they had those places are farm hard core guilds had 2 days a week

honestly as a druid i prefer wotlk ones hell i even like the alliance t9 helm

considering it was obvious who was in t7 and t7.5 they were not minor differences.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-10-10 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    I'd like to see 3 sets: PVP, Dungeon, Raiding set. Upgrade pvp set each season, upgrade dungeon set each new content patch, update raiding set each new content patch.
    this. unfortunatly i dont see it hapening with dungeon sets though. casuals(people with not enough time to raid) wont take lightly to not being able to get thier free tier from daily heroics,voa, and weekly lols. it always sounds elitest but no one should ever get a raiding set without raiding.
    but so far in cata it looks like they'll only be able to get 3/5 without raiding, and the other two are tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    I like how the constant farming and waiting for Tiers 1-3 are "epic" and cool while farming and waiting for Tiers 9-10 and boring and lame...

even though with the first tiers there was a high chance that no matter how much you raided you would never complete them. OMG FUN!
    i think it was more of the "it took ALOT longer to get" then a "lol iz did heroics, can i has tier now". also if you ever saw someone in t3 in vanilla, it was epic. seeing someone in t9/10 doesnt mean anything cause everyone has it.

on topic: i always liked the bc style of tier and progression. youd start at the bottom and you always had something to progress to, as opposed to the farm heroics and ur at the most recent tier. the only downsides were alts and replacing people in higher end raid groups.
    Last edited by Evilmonkey; 2010-10-10 at 06:30 PM.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    this. unfortunatly i dont see it hapening with dungeon sets though. casuals(people with not enough time to raid) wont take lightly to not being able to get thier free tier from daily heroics,voa, and weekly lols. it always sounds elitest but no one should ever get a raiding set without raiding.
    but so far in cata it looks like they'll only be able to get 3/5 without raiding, and the other two are tokens.

i think it was more of the "it took ALOT longer to get" then a "lol iz did heroics, can i has tier now". also if you ever saw someone in t3 in vanilla, it was epic. seeing someone in t9/10 doesnt mean anything cause everyone has it.

on topic: i always liked the bc style of tier and progression. youd start at the bottom and you always had something to progress to, as opposed to the farm heroics and ur at the most recent tier. the only downsides were alts and replacing people in higher end raid groups.
    tbc was only good for the ppl who were around at the begining if u started 8 months to a year in u were not going to progress far because no 1 wanted to go back to attunments. u had to guild hop and just hope a new guild was gunna get far. u were gunna lose alot of friends aswell as get a bad rep

heres a funny thing

"omg that celestial steed looks awesome"
    "lol eveery one has a sparkle pony its soooo ugly"

it dosnt matter how nice and awesome they make the content. all that matters is this....... lol im the only 1 in the room with these gear (even though i likly am not a hard core pro players lawl lawl)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor View Post
    I have no idea why people think their 251 is the tier 10 set...
    Because it is t10? Just because the iLvl isn't the highest available for that particular tier set doesn't make it any less of a tier set.

I really miss non tier sets. I loved the dungeon sets. They filled a nice niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymion View Post
    I really miss non tier sets. I loved the dungeon sets. They filled a nice niche.
    if they arnt reskins i would like them also and cata has them and they arnt reskins

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs View Post
    Seems like the op wrote with a bit of bias. vanilla nostalgia
    not even a bit of a bias its full

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I wonder if the Wrath difficulty whiners even stepped 1 foot in Ulduar during 3.1
    icc wit no buff

pugs didnt get past dw or saurfang
    guilds had a hard time progressing

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Because it is t10? Just because the iLvl isn't the highest available for that particular tier set doesn't make it any less of a tier set.
    I was refering to the statement where "You get tier 10 for badges from dungeons."

You get the weakest version of the said set, and you can only get 2 emblems a day from dungeons. That's like saying LK is shit easy without doing the heroic mode. It's like playing any game on the easiest setting then calling the game company complaining how easy it is.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    if they arnt reskins i would like them also and cata has them and they arnt reskins[COLOR="red"]

You sure?