Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    prob surv hunter,but will try bm to see if its fun

Deleted
    Im not sure about Improved Arcane Explosion, 80% thread generated reduced off only AE or every spells?

80% threat reduction on AE.

Fire, scorch pew pew wins the game in 4.0.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fire for sure.

Fire for both PvE and PvP.

Kinda ezmode in PvP in 4.0 just like Frost has been. :3
    Hi

been arcane past 2 years on live but not real thrilled with it on ptr so most likely fire and frost (look forward to going back to frost since havent played it since BC)

I got duel speccing on my mage so I'll go PvE Frostfire and PvE Frost. Its gonna be super awesome! I'll just switch between the two at whimsy and give my frostfire build that glyph that makes the mirror images shoot fireballs if your mainly fire.

AFK spec, I'm just so disheartened with always having to relearn such a significant portion of this game every time there is a new patch. You finally reach a peek and enjoy performing at that peek only to have someone come in and change all the rules has finally taken it's toll here.

Mages or GTFO

OT: will probably have a fire spec and a frost spec both pve, will probably try the frost spec out...

15+ Year Old Account
    I will def be going back frost! I was frost trhrough vanilla (short time as fire for naxx) then frost through all of TBC (short lived fire for SWP) And this expac...I was TTW/Fire for most and arcane a tad... WTB being a frostitute back!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    I will def be going back frost! I was frost trhrough vanilla (short time as fire for naxx) then frost through all of TBC (short lived fire for SWP) And this expac...I was TTW/Fire for most and arcane a tad... WTB being a frostitute back!
    In each new patch frost seems well for pve but never is.. I think wont be a viable option
    Last edited by mmocd6f2cc816c; 2010-10-11 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wowtal.com/#k=_KM28yZb.a5o.mage.l0JFB

this is what i've come up with so far, im dual spec, so i think i might be arcane for one spec, and then go either frost or fire for the other, i havent seen any numbers in beta/ptr yet so i cant really talk. but im definately feeling arcane assuming they eventually tune up the damage from arcane missiles (from what i hear its a bit off, in compares to the other spells)

Too bad that regardless of what spec that ends up being best, most of us are going to play it.

Fire will most likely be overwhelmingly powerful at 4.0.1 but that is only due to the massive amount of crit/haste percentages we're going to have. Blizzard have said several times that they know that level 80 is going to be hectic and incredible unbalaced because we're never going to get combat ratings this high again. Fire is really dependable on crit to proc hot streaks, which in its turn makes it a very powerful spec in 4.0.1 when people are having 50% crit unbuffed.
    Frost % Arcane never has that proc chances since it's a chance per spell to unload the 4xAB stack or proc FoF/FFB.

People are going to have a blast with fire, then when they level up their critchance drops really hard and really fast while frost & arcane will sky-rocket compared to fire in the beginning w/o 333 gear, thus leading to endless pages of whines on forums.

Blizzard will have no chance but to ease the public demand and turn fire into the only viable raiding spec. Paying customers are their only source of income and hey, people want money. True story unfortunately.