Thread: Computer case

10+ Year Old Account

Computer case

I shall be buying a new case and transfering all my hardware from my current computer into a new case due to my current case being ancient and having very poor airflow/ looking like a piece of crud...

I want somthing that looks nice and was considering

Xclio 1000

http://www.xcase.co.uk/Xclio-1000-Bl...clio-1000b.htm

or

Antec Twelve Hundred

http://www.xcase.co.uk/Antec-Twelve-...antec-1200.htm

Which one would you suggest i get? Or if their is another you recommend feel free to link it.

Thankyou

Neither looks 'nice' to me, too many bells, whistles and blue leds. But would improve air flow I guess.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Neither looks 'nice' to me, too many bells, whistles and blue leds. But would improve air flow I guess.
    I guess this would work better for you then Vess

http://photos.itsbits.com.au/photos/...027w/main1.jpg

:P

I'm using Fractal Design Define R3. No bells & whistles, and no leds on fans.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the LED fans they make the computer look less boring and tradditional :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Deactivated. This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked.

ow what a terrible shame :*(

They have it here http://www.sundialmicro.com/Lian-Li-..._1926_899.html
    I have the side panel with a window which costs extra 80 bucks iirc. Also I think the wheels were extra possibly.
    http://www.sundialmicro.com/lianli_w...1993_1580.html is the side panel.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I'm using Fractal Design Define R3. No bells & whistles, and no leds on fans.
    Those are REALLY nice looking cases. Wonder if I can justify it...

I have an antec 300 and love it.
    It is a plain black box with no silly windows or LEDs. It's maed with heavy gague steel and Airflow is great as well.

The only complaint I have about it is the side panel intake fan mount has a pushed out grill on it preventing me from mounting a flush fain filter on it. 5 minutes and a pair of dikes fixed that.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Quote Originally Posted by Moobious View Post
    I have an antec 300 and love it.
    It is a plain black box with no silly windows or LEDs.
    My motherboard has indicators and not to mention a LED display for error codes etc. NOT having a "silly window" would be silly since then you couldn't see them.

Gonna throw my own spoon in the soup aswell.
    Rolling with this case -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-087-_-Product
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I have a black belt in common sense compared to your white.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    My motherboard has indicators and not to mention a LED display for error codes etc. NOT having a "silly window" would be silly since then you couldn't see them.
    There are 2 thumb screws on the right side of the back of the case. Removing those allows the WHOLE side of the case to be removed. It's the first step I take when my computer is having hardware issues or getting an upgrade.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Quote Originally Posted by Moobious View Post
    There are 2 thumb screws on the right side of the back of the case. Removing those allows the WHOLE side of the case to be removed. It's the first step I take when my computer is having hardware issues or getting an upgrade.
    Right but being able to see it is nice quality of life for some people not necessarily trying to look cool like you were making it seem. I have 1 thumb screw and a sliding rail system on mine so even less work still the window is nice to have.

If you want a sleek, damn good looking case that has great airflow but also the option to be ridiculously quiet, as Vess said, get a Fractal Design R3. They're gorgeous cases, have oodles of harddrive space, sound-dampened panels not only on the sides, but the door panel and the top. The side and top exhausts/intakes include sound dampened panels that can be fitted over unused vents.

I was going to go with the R3 for my machine, but figured I wanted some room to upgrade in future (though the R3 is spacious, its not a full tower) and I ended up going for a Corsair Obsidian 700D which happened to be on offer. Both the R3 and Corsair cases have beautiful build quality - if you don't need something the size of the 700/800D, take a look at the Corsair 600T.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I like the 700d but I just can't see myself spending $200 on a case at anytime in the near future.

Mine was over $400.00 but I didn't pay that much since I bought it used.

i would go for this Coolermaster HAF 932 Black

it has the best airflow you can get in a gaming case.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taistelumestari Viiksi View Post
    Gonna throw my own spoon in the soup aswell.
    Rolling with this case -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-087-_-Product
    oh that looks nice aswell :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had the antec 1200 for about a week now, with all the fans taht come on it as standard on minimum it isnt much louder than my old pc, plus when you have music or sound on you jsut dont notice it, the antec 1200 is the first compuer i built myself and i did it no problems, there is enough room in there to work with