Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Stormstrike bugged?

On the front page of MMO-C and in WoWhead's cataclysm database the glyph still says it increases the nature damage bonus of stormstrike by 8%, but stormstrike was changed to increase critical hit chance with spells by 25%.

Is it still not updated on the beta?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    On the front page of MMO-C and in WoWhead's cataclysm database the glyph still says it increases the nature damage bonus of stormstrike by 8%, but stormstrike was changed to increase critical hit chance with spells by 25%.

Is it still not updated on the beta?
    Perhaps it will stay.

So it will become 25% crit, AND 8% nature damage with the glyph.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by baabinator View Post
    perhaps it will stay.

So it will become 25% crit, and 8% nature damage with the glyph.

It's just not updated yet i think.
    Though I do not know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Perhaps it will stay.

So it will become 25% crit, AND 8% nature damage with the glyph.
    That would be so deliciously awesome!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I wonder where that would put the value of the glyph compared to Feral Spirit, Windfury or Lava Lash come 4.0.1.

Right now it's just that they haven't changed the wording on the glyph. On the PTR (and beta I assume) it increases the crit bonus by 8%. It even reflects this in the tooltip for Stormstrike when glyphed.

So if it's 8% crit where does this put it? among the top 3?

Quote Originally Posted by zarniwoop View Post
    Right now it's just that they haven't changed the wording on the glyph. On the PTR (and beta I assume) it increases the crit bonus by 8%. It even reflects this in the tooltip for Stormstrike when glyphed.
    This is accurate. The glyph's wording is wrong, it becomes +8% crit for the spells listed in Stormstrike's tooltip (i.e. Lightning Bolt, Lightning Shield, Earth Shock, and Chain Lightning). In my tests on the PTR, this means that it would only benefit about 20% of our damage. Wolves have a new uptime of 25% (30s duration, 2m cooldown).

Additionally, Flame Shock is making a return to our rotation - and an FS/ES rotation is producing higher numbers now. With the glyph, Flame Shock lasts 50% longer. This is great, since haste affects time between ticks for all dots now, so the more haste we have, the more damage FS will do - and the glyph will provide a huge boost. I'm heading out to test the glyph right now.

The problem is, Lava Lash is easily our best Prime Glyph. Lava Lash, when combined with Searing Flames and Improved Lava Lash, does a ridiculous amount of damage - right up there tied with Windfury Attack for second place - and that's withOUT the glyph. Add the glyph in, and it'll easily break that and be around half of the output that white attacks give.

I'd glyph Feral Spirit, Lava Lash, and probably Stormstrike. I just don't see the FS glyph offering enough for us to use it.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

I was looking at Feral / SS / LL for my glyphs.

I guess we're going to have to sim and see if WF glyph comes ahead of Stormstrike, as I doubt very much it will come ahead of Feral or Lava Lash.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Additionally, Flame Shock is making a return to our rotation - and an FS/ES rotation is producing higher numbers now. With the glyph, Flame Shock lasts 50% longer. This is great, since haste affects time between ticks for all dots now, so the more haste we have, the more damage FS will do - and the glyph will provide a huge boost. I'm heading out to test the glyph right now.
    While not applicable to 4.0.x, would this Glyph actually be counter-productive for Enhance Shaman once Cata is live and we have Unleash Weapon? It is my understanding that the cooldown of Unleash Weapon is about the same as the duration of Flame Shock. Therefore with a Flame Shock of 50% greater length, would you not be screwing up the cooldown of UW with FS duration?

I dont think glyphing flame shock is going to be the best idea as it would put it out of sync, as it is atm you'll get a FS and 2 ES before the dot runs out and haste isnt going to be one of the bigger stats because we are going to need more hit and want as much mastery as we can get and will likley be regeming agi.

SS Glyph gives 8% crit now since SS is 25% inc crit chance. It's actually a pretty good glyph still.

Top 3 Enhance Prime Glyphs are:
    -SS
    -LL
    -FS

WF is pretty good too, but isn't as effective as a more powerful dps cooldown, esp with FS at 2 min now.

Also, Enhance won't be glyphing for Flame Shock because it will ruin our shock rotation with Unleash Elements. The current rotation is:

ULE,FS,ES,ES,ULE,FS,ES,ES....

The dot for FS (18 sec) will fall off around the same time as your ULE cd (15 sec) and works very well when timed properly to get bonus damage to 100% of your flame shocks that will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    SS Glyph gives 8% crit now since SS is 25% inc crit chance. It's actually a pretty good glyph still.

Top 3 Enhance Prime Glyphs are:
    -SS
    -LL
    -FS

WF is pretty good too, but isn't as effective as a more powerful dps cooldown, esp with FS at 2 min now.

Also, Enhance won't be glyphing for Flame Shock because it will ruin our shock rotation with Unleash Elements. The current rotation is:

ULE,FS,ES,ES,ULE,FS,ES,ES....

The dot for FS (18 sec) will fall off around the same time as your ULE cd (15 sec) and works very well when timed properly to get bonus damage to 100% of your flame shocks that will be used.
    Is this information known for fact or is it just opinion? I was thinking that perhaps the lb glyph would be more in the running with how much mastery we'll have available at 80. Seeing as how your crit rate is already likely to be over 50% on lb with the ss change already, I had thought it might be possible. Has this glyphed been simmed along with the standard glyphs and proper mastery ratings to see where it stands?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

15+ Year Old Account
    Um, are you referring to Lava Burst which is no longer usable due to being removed from Maelstrom? :|

If you're talking to the poster directly above you, I think he means Lightning Bolt - with enough Mastery and SS debuff affecting Crit chance, the idea is that LB will do a fair amount of damage and another 4% on top of that is a welcome adition

Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    If you're talking to the poster directly above you, I think he means Lightning Bolt - with enough Mastery and SS debuff affecting Crit chance, the idea is that LB will do a fair amount of damage and another 4% on top of that is a welcome adition
    indeed, this is what I'm asking. lb has always been lightning bolt, and lava bolt was LvB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by zarniwoop View Post

Woo Zarni!! <3

So yeah, Logged onto the PTR last night and checked this out. The SS tooltip does reflect the extra crit, rather than 25% it shows 33%. Didn't get to test any dps out as I cant get recount to work on there and I'm lazy. Will find out tomorrow I suppose lol. I will most likely replace all my gems after this patch. The 20ap/10 haste gems are out the window. I had waaaaay too much agi and was way over the crit cap.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Front page:

Glyph of Stormstrike now increases the Nature damage bonus of Stormstrike by an additional 10%, up from 8%.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    indeed, this is what I'm asking. lb has always been lightning bolt, and lava bolt was LvB.
    Yes, epic fail by me, was tired.

Good news on the SS Glyph update! That should firmly put it in the top 3 Prime Enh Glyphs.