Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I fail to see cybering.
    *looks purposefully at Lysah's new Avatar*

Back on topic though, it was originally a one minute cooldown, but then they doubled the cooldown and never mentioned why, so this is pretty nice.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Can I roll a spriest now? Not to do Fotm-ing, but to join your awesome community?

Deleted
    Call me naive, but how can Blizzard justify effectively halving the CD of horror in PVP and then taking away things like starsurge stun for druids? :S

Because Psychic Horror is 3 seconds of CC on one target on a 2 minute cooldown which does no damage, which you need to spend a talent point to get.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

considering the fact that spriests are very CD reliant to do anything in pvp, this is a must have glyph to increase the CC capability of the class.

I fail to see cybering.
    I did use the qualifier, "basically."

That means you can use a bit of imagination to turn it into whatever you want.

re: the glyph of psychic horror basically turns shadowpriests into chess grandmaster/underwear models IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Yes, I love that they finally added this. Between Paralysis, Glyph of Psychic Horror, increased MC range and decreased cast time, and of course, Psychic Scream and Silence... we should be in a pretty good spot.

Personally, I wouldn't use the Psychic Scream one for PVP. I don't want to keep melee in place right next to me.
    That's all nice and good but, I don't see why anyone would want stronger SPs, don't forget mind spikes too...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    I did use the qualifier, "basically."

That means you can use a bit of imagination to turn it into whatever you want.

re: the glyph of psychic horror basically turns shadowpriests into chess grandmaster/underwear models IRL.
    I burst out laughing at this.

It is really true that this is how people use the word basically nowadays.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    I fail to see cybering.
    No, but get a room. Please. You're embarrassing yourselves.

OT- will be surprised if Psychic horror remains in its current state with the glyphed CD. No other 1minCD full duration Disarm has the ''Not really a stun but yeah'' effect. (Disarm, Dismantle)

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    considering the fact that spriests are very CD reliant to do anything in pvp, this is a must have glyph to increase the CC capability of the class.
    You make it sound as if CD reliance in PvP is unique to Spriestslol?

Well tbh, shadow priests were only deadly in arena if their partners kept a lockdown on their primary burn target. In battlegrounds, you can't rely on a partner to keep a stunlock on your target. Priests on live right now, are nothing more than damage machines with no real utility or real burst. Just a steady stream of relatively high damage. With pvp damage being toned down in cataclysm, health being increased, and focus being on battlegrounds, priests will desperately need the utility. If a priest is caught, they're dead, end of story. In arena, you could have your partner peel for you but that is much less likely to have a partner reliably sucking attention away from you in a battleground.

Shadow probably won't be able to take talents like Evangelism and Archangel for rated battlegrounds as other talent options give more team utility for a trade off of damage which hurts more than you realize as we're balanced around having Evangelism and Archangel used. We won't be the relatively high damage monsters/borderline glass cannons that we are now. Damage decrease, fun/utility increase. I see nothing wrong.

Btw, Shadow Apparitions are slow as hell and don't hit for much. They act more for minor damage and the panic factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    I like Psychic scream one more, keeps them in one place
    Same here. That's great for letting melee classes pound on people.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    That's all nice and good but, I don't see why anyone would want stronger SPs, don't forget mind spikes too...
    People keep forgetting that priest damage output in pvp won't be what it is in on live. They need to stop seeing buffs and thinking "zomg that WITH their current stuff? OPOPOPOPOP." Not even for priests, just classes/specs across the board. Would save a lot of QQ posts that mods end up needing to lock/close. Also, people keep thinking that stuff is OP because it will be bad in arena. Blizzard is focusing on balance for rated battlegrounds NOT!!!! arenas. Two completely different animals.

If it is stupidly imbalanced, Blizzard won't hesitate to nerf it. Simple as that. Cataclysm is essentially WoW 2. Most of what is on live now will be flipped, changed, buffed, nerfed, etc. All you can do is wait it out and try pvp at LEVEL 85.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2010-10-11 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    No, but get a room. Please. You're embarrassing yourselves.
    What's there to be embarrassed about?

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    the glyph of psychic horror basically turns shadowpriests into chess grandmaster/underwear models IRL.
    Yay new sig material
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    What's there to be embarrassed about?

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 12:29 PM ----------

Yay new sig material
    You better not

You better not
    Well, you're not sleeping on the couch anymore.

=/
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-10-11 at 06:41 PM.

I could change Kelesti's sig back the way it used to be...

Why, because now that you've left me for Sunshine, I'm the one on the couch?

Deleted
    YAY is all i can say to it really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Well tbh, shadow priests were only deadly in arena if their partners kept a lockdown on their primary burn target. In battlegrounds, you can't rely on a partner to keep a stunlock on your target. Priests on live right now, are nothing more than damage machines with no real utility or real burst. Just a steady stream of relatively high damage. With pvp damage being toned down in cataclysm, health being increased, and focus being on battlegrounds, priests will desperately need the utility. If a priest is caught, they're dead, end of story. In arena, you could have your partner peel for you but that is much less likely to have a partner reliably sucking attention away from you in a battleground.

Shadow probably won't be able to take talents like Evangelism and Archangel for rated battlegrounds as other talent options give more team utility for a trade off of damage which hurts more than you realize as we're balanced around having Evangelism and Archangel used. We won't be the relatively high damage monsters/borderline glass cannons that we are now. Damage decrease, fun/utility increase. I see nothing wrong.

Btw, Shadow Apparitions are slow as hell and don't hit for much. They act more for minor damage and the panic factor.
    http://wowtal.com/#k=Y-z6h66I.a5o.priest.

vs.

http://wowtal.com/#k=_5tH1d_11.a5o.priest.

I love evangelism/dark argangel play, so will propably specc it for pvp as well. The questions are, what is worth sacrificing to get it? No improved DP, No Paralysis or no Apparation (or atleast 1/3 specced)