Thread: Feral 4.0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=467
    For lvl80: Thorns sprout from the friendly target causing (400 + ($SP * .421)) Nature damage to attackers when hit. Lasts 20 sec.
    In my gear (feral) they hit for 3.2k dmg.

They pop you out of form.
    Well I dont see any real use of shorter feral charge, really - at least in ICC and RS.
    We dont have any really cool major glyphs for kitty.

I fully regemmed, reglyphed and reforged on PTR.
    I agree that we dont have useful major glyphs now...at least we lack one more along with FB and FC but Thorns?! You say yourself: "you will want to help out with thorns on tanks from time to time" meaning you cant do it all the time and we all know due to techicality of boss encounters you cant do it all the time anyway. So to apply Thorns you need to go out of the form and apply Thorns and go back to the form. That is 3 second wasted GCD for meager dmg Thorns does. You would probably do more dmg by white hits only in that time. And if you really wanna do it "sometimes" you dont really need a glyph that reduces your Thorns for 20 seconds....unless you want to spam it. In a long run I dont see how is that viable dps increase over not shapeshifting. FC glyph can be useful tho like on Princes, Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, etc....if we are talking about ICC f.e.

As Ive said - mainly trash and similar (thats where it affects - like adds on Halion hc), its utility glyph in the end. Another major glyph to use is Rebirth (lost count on ressing ppl) which brings them with full HP... all of em are just utility. Unless ravage will be an worths increase in dmg then sure, FC can be then personal dmg increase. At this point I see bit more use of that (for any druid in general) than FC, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Not worse than on live?

Boy, you're clueless.
    Target dummy isn't bad, we lost a lot of our high raid scaling ability/talents tho, I'll be interested to see how converts and if I'll regret my 277 tier all being feral instead of boomkin :P

Target dummy is terrible. I lost 30% damage from live. Hopefully they fix it before they release it because I'd like to continue raiding in between 4.0.1 and cataclysm.

Deleted
    As Ive said - mainly trash and similar (thats where it affects - like adds on Halion hc), its utility glyph in the end. Another major glyph to use is Rebirth (lost count on ressing ppl) which brings them with full HP... all of em are just utility. Unless ravage will be an worths increase in dmg then sure, FC can be then personal dmg increase. At this point I see bit more use of that (for any druid in general) than FC, thats it.
    I still dont see myself using Thorns more than once and that being at the start thus that glyph is totally useless. Also the main utility of feral druids is its speed and the fact it can move faster than any other class. Having FC on 2 seconds less is good, be it trash or boss because you need to move alot. But your choice....dont blame you....its the fact we lack decent major glyphs that all.

Could someone please post PTR unbuffed stats of a ICC geared kitty? Str, agi, AP, haste, crit, mastery, hit and expertise ratings? Thanks in advance.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Have got a question, thinking about changing mains to my druid come this patch into cata, and the question I have is, given that Feral AP is being removed in the patch, and DPS will be worked out based on something to do with the DPS against the low and top end damage of the weapon you use. Is Distant Land HC going to be better than the normal LK polearm? I say this because currently Distant Land gives more feral AP, but has a much faster swing speed, so lower top end damage.

Anyone got a quick answer to this?

Agility: 2235 (2463 self buffed Cat Form)
    Strength: 105 (110 self buffed Cat Form)
    Attack Power: 607 (7647 self buffed Cat Form)
    Speed 1.89 (0.79 self buffed Cat Form)
    Weapon DPS: 294.8
    Critical Strike: (794 (52.98%) (59.38% self buffed Cat Form)
    Hit: 89 (2.89%)
    Expertise: 95 (3%)
    Haste: 884 (26.96%)
    Mastery: 462 (18.06) (56% increased bleed damage)

Currently, I am emphasizing Bleed damage and Haste at the expense of some Critical Strike Rating and Hit Rating. A valid option would be to maintain the high Critical Strike Rating and Hit Rating at the expense of Bleed damage.

I will emphasize again that the stat curve to level 85 is almost straight up meaning that even a Tier 11 geared Feral Cat will barely break 30% Critical Strike (for example). So, any discussion points are only relevant to level 80.

Heroic Distant Land is superior to Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger General in WoW 4.0.1 due to two additional points of Agility, 14.6 higher Weapon DPS and one additional gem slot.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-11 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
    Have got a question, thinking about changing mains to my druid come this patch into cata, and the question I have is, given that Feral AP is being removed in the patch, and DPS will be worked out based on something to do with the DPS against the low and top end damage of the weapon you use. Is Distant Land HC going to be better than the normal LK polearm? I say this because currently Distant Land gives more feral AP, but has a much faster swing speed, so lower top end damage.

Anyone got a quick answer to this?
    Distant land hc was already better than the normal LK polearm, nothing new there.

To give you an idea of what I'm seeing on 4.0 here's my current armory.

Armory

Gems & enchants planned for 4.0...Link

PTR Stats...

~2.3k agility
    I think AP was a little over 7k /shrug
    hit/exp caps
    67% crit (1058 crit rating)
    1100 haste rating
    589 Mastery rating

I decided to gem for hit/exp and some haste. I also reforged the highest stat on each piece of gear to mastery to see what a somewhat balanced gear set would do.

Yes, this is best possible prime glyph set you can use except you switch SR to TF.
    We keep the same glyphs in 4.0 as we do now. TF is 4 sec off the CD? You can't always hit TF the second its up, so it could be 3-4 seconds before it's usable and at that point the glyphs a waste.. it's not as much dps as SR.

10+ Year Old Account
    we wait and see and then we quit
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

http://wowtal.com/#k=-bKGSn-g.a5o.druid.-3R9Ms

Will most likely be my kitty specc. Annoying lack of decent Major Glyphs :/

I have a little question though; since Savage Roar will only be increasing damage for auto-attacks, wouldn't the Berserker prime glyph be more useful?

15+ Year Old Account
    i do wonder whit the chance to agility i gues
    DMC:G - agi is in the top 10 again (i think it always was when you where not crit capped)

also i gues mongooze > bezerking now ? right ? yes yes ? k tnx bye
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I have the same feeling that mongoose might become the best enchant for ferals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I have the same feeling that mongoose might become the best enchant for ferals.
    Thats what i was thiking until i did the numbers:
    mongooze: ~395 AP + 30 haste + ~132 agi > ??% crit
    bezerking: ~605 AP

so we stil get 200 more AP out of bezerking at the cost of 30 haste and ??%crit, so to solve this we realy need to know how much %crit 1 agi gives at 80. I am sure someone already calculated that but i dont know it lol.

But bezerking scales a lot whit the new talents and such aswel like 400 * 1.25 * 1.10 * 1.10 = 605
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The scaling should be the same at 80. 77.074 agility/crit%.

I've got two questions about ferals in 4.0.1:
    1) Does Black Magic still work on feral attacks? (PTR/US live experience) If it does, would it be better than Berserkering in high-end gear?
    2) Is our mastery boosting Shred? Might be a stupid question but it's not entirely clear (for me at least).

Shred
    Shred the target, causing 225% damage plus 743.67 to the target. Must be behind the target. Awards 1 combo point. Effects which increase Bleed damage also increase Shred damage.

Mastery: Razor Claws
    Increases the damage done by your bleed abilities by 25.04%. Each point of Mastery increases bleed damage by an additional 3.13%.

I'm also curious about the status of Mangle and Shred as "harmful spells", because if they are, a spec like this could potentially be surprisingly more viable than it looks. I can't post links yet so I guess I'll type it out...

Feral Tree
    2 2 2
    0 3 2 2
    3 1 2 0
    1 2 0
    2 1 2 0
    2 3 0

2/3 Furor because 66 energy is already more than the 60 we get from 3/5 Furor now.
    2/2 Brutal Impact because the utility brings much more to the table than the mitigation from Infected Wounds or Nurturing Instinct. This also depends on whether Ravage is worth dropping 4 talent points over.
    Survival Instincts, 'cause if it's never saved you as DPS, your cat isn't for fite.
    6 Mandatory Talents in the Resto tree
    and 2/2 Nature's Majesty in Balance... 'cause if Mangle and Shred can proc Black Magic and Focus Magic, I don't see why they couldn't benefit from a flat 4% spell crit.
    Last edited by Double; 2010-10-12 at 04:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    I'm also curious about the status of Mangle and Shred as "harmful spells", because if they are, a spec like this could potentially be surprisingly more viable than it looks. I can't post links yet so I guess I'll type it out...
    the damage either benefits of a spell or melee crit chance, not both

the fact mangle and shred do proc magical stuff, that is most likely related to a 2ndcondairy effect they trigger but has nothing todo whit the acutal damage witch is pure physical

tbh its an intresting theory that shred can benefit of razor claws but i am verry sure it wont, becase shred is not a bleed ability and it doesnt do bleed damage either, it just get buffed by mangle , trauma , hunter pet

if it does make a difference i am sure someone should have noticed / told it by now lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE