Thread: 3.3.5 Algalon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.3.5 Algalon

As Cataclysm is coming uo, im interrested in getting The achievement for killing Algalon. Before i do this, i must get the key to open it. I read about the questline and its 5 hardmodes.
    My question is: Which of these hardmodes, and what parts of it, can easily be overgeared?
    Can u zerg Knock on wood?
    Can u Avoid running from Overload in Council of Iron without taking too much damage?

which mechanics do u have to follow, and which is not so important anymore??
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Everything is pretty much overpowerable except Firefighter, which still requires some coordination and situational awareness to pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    go to somewhere like wowwiki, wowhead, or thottbot and they can tell you everything you need to know about all that. If your in icc gear, you already fairly over gear everything about it. My guild went to 10man Algalon just last week and having had no one see the encounter before we downed it in half the allotted time for the lockout. Just get ppl that can follow directions and know what they are doing, it'll be easy sauce.

Deleted
    There is no need to really zerg through the mechanics.

Iron Council HM was never hard anyway, it was just a dps check. Thats no problem now.
    Hodir HM is just a zerg anyway, as is Thorims.
    The only hard part about freya now is the 3 add phase, where you still need to coordinate dps to kill them within 12 seconds.
    Mimiron, well, 5 million rocket strike still kills you. As will the laser barrage. As will the fire. As will shock blast. So no, proper strategy required here =]

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    As Cataclysm is coming uo, im interrested in getting The achievement for killing Algalon. Before i do this, i must get the key to open it. I read about the questline and its 5 hardmodes.
    My question is: Which of these hardmodes, and what parts of it, can easily be overgeared?
    Can u zerg Knock on wood?
    Can u Avoid running from Overload in Council of Iron without taking too much damage?
    which mechanics do u have to follow, and which is not so important anymore??
    Why would you not run away from overload? Deadly Boss Mods screaming so you just move your toon a bit to avoid it.
    I dont believe that Freya can be zerged before the adds, it was possible but got fixed in some patch. Freya is hard, Mimiron is hard and One Light is kinda hard as well. You wont be able to pass these three retard-checks when you will have ppl who cant avoid Overload :-)

Hodir, obviously easy to overgear, just beat the utter crap out of him, Thorim, more-or-less the same fight but with some added incoming damage and a bit more health, Mimiron should be easily doable when overgeared, not sure if Freya can be zerged, not tried, but it's not a difficult fight really, these latter two assuming your group knows what's going on.

Council, since it's a bit of a different setup, isn't all that difficult, as I recall the most difficult part to it was with Steelbreaker being left alive you had to do a lot of DPS to win, easy as hell if you're all ICC geared, shouldn't be a problem really.

Only one person in the raid needs the key so find someone who has done it and will carry you.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Even Firefighter isn't that bad as long as ranged DPS is alive in P4. Went in and two-shot it when at least 75% of the raid had never done the fight let alone been to Ulduar.

Also you can just burn One Light in the last Phase instead of dealing with the adds.
    Last edited by BaddyMcBad; 2010-10-10 at 09:55 PM.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    go to somewhere like wowwiki, wowhead, or thottbot and they can tell you everything you need to know about all that.
    I went there, but most of it is "outdated" info from 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Why would you not run away from overload? Deadly Boss Mods screaming so you just move your toon a bit to avoid it.
    I dont believe that Freya can be zerged before the adds, it was possible but got fixed in some patch. Freya is hard, Mimiron is hard and One Light is kinda hard as well. You wont be able to pass these three retard-checks when you will have ppl who cant avoid Overload :-)
    Im going to pug it, so i dont know how retarded they will be. Just wanned to know how much i would need to explain.

I am not planning on doing One light in the darkness. The mount is not my goal.

From reading the comments, i see that Thorim and Hodir is nuke, Mimiron is the hardest one, and Council of Iron+Freya is halfway hard.

correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Personally I think Freya is harder then Firefighter, at least for our guild was. Iron Council is not hard at all when you are doing I Choose You, Steelbreaker. But my advice is - dont do these with a pug :-)

IC HM: Easy to outgear, though killing Steelbreaker still requires attention. Two people die during Steelbreaker + a tank and he still hits like a truck.
    Thorim: Very easy to outgear since you live through pretty much everything now.
    Hodir: Very easy to outgear, though bad placement of storm clouds or idiots pulling off the tank can still cause a bit of trouble for the 3 minute timer.
    Freya: A bit tougher to outgear, since it's a pretty heavy mechanic fight. Like Thorim it's made a lot easier by the fact that we have more HP, but blowing up ten detonating flowers at the same time as a ground tremor is still pretty much a wipe.
    Mimi: The hardest, pretty damn impossible to outgear since the majority of mechanics are stupid checks and your healers are going to have their hands full with a lot of damage anyway. A ton of mechanics, AoE silences, frost bombs, and a lot of things just make this fight hell to pug. I'd recommend getting a group of competent people if you want to down this without hours of wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Personally I think Freya is harder then Firefighter, at least for our guild was. Iron Council is not hard at all when you are doing I Choose You, Steelbreaker. But my advice is - dont do these with a pug :-)
    Freya was probably harder than firefighter before Freya took a massive nerf.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Freya was probably harder than firefighter before Freya took a massive nerf.
    Nope , FF in its most pure form ,completely unnerfed was fricken impossible only about 4 guilds got it but plenty of guilds got Freya.

All you had to do for Freya was regem stam.

I'm pretty sure that Freya will still wreck bad groups... Even a bunch of overgeared players will get owned by every little lasher exploding at once from a huge burst of LOLAOE.
    Protip: You don't need to add an apostrophe to make things plural.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Everything is pretty much overpowerable except Firefighter, which still requires some coordination and situational awareness to pull off.
    Due to the gear people now have, there isn't much of a problem with spreading the fire too fast, since the fight will be over so much faster. I'd say it's overgearable in the sense that you don't have to fill every square with fire, whereas you used to have to do this and it was the main mechanic for the hard mode.

Ferya, they'll want to AoE the adds and people who don't know they explode.

One light isn't very difficult with a decently geared group, but you do need to be on the ball with tentacles and watching out for those clouds at the start.

Good luck

Edit: What I mean is, you can't overgear these fights, you can however overgear the intended effects of the mechanics.
    Last edited by mmoca4d8c40228; 2010-10-11 at 07:32 AM.

FF is nice retard check.

Deleted
    Freya was an absolute RNG nightmare back in appropriate gear

Roots + Sunbeam + Lightning = Win

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 06:48 PM ----------

Algalon can be killed taking only one Big Bang now even without using bloodlust during phase 1
    Just make sure your healers are ready because he still does hit fairly hard and can still burst tanks down
    Also make sure that all of your raid is aware that cosmic smash has a much larger radius that the graphic : )

i dont know how strong your healer is but... fire in mimiron is healable with the current gear..

mimiron prenerf burns u for 8-10k hps but now it around 3k or so.. instead of worrying too much about avoiding it..

the only thing u might wanna worry is probably frost bombs and rocket strike.. other than that.. its pretty much normal mode..

tbh ive never done it like this but as far as i can tell u.. back in 3.1 nerfed FF was already so easy.. i mean, back in those days..
    u can pretty much stand on fire for 5 sec then run, and u still have some hp left..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    tbh ive never done it like this but as far as i can tell u.. back in 3.1 nerfed FF was already so easy.. i mean, back in those days..
    u can pretty much stand on fire for 5 sec then run, and u still have some hp left..
    Nope , FF was still rough even after the nerf.

"Can u zerg Knock on wood?"

Rofl I lolled.