Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

ShockAndAwe v6.00

Version 6.00 of ShockAndAwe is available for TESTING purposes on the PTR and Beta. IT WILL NOT WORK on patch 3.3.5.

Version 6.00
    Started work on new spell IDs and reworking for Cataclysm
    Fixed Fire Nova only to work off certain fire totems
    Fixed flash cancel when maelstrom weapon bar flashes at 5 stacks
    Added warning if using addon v6.00+ in patch 3.3.5
    Removed stormstrike debuffs text
    Fixed Pet tab available to check your wolves stats
    Added support for FS_UEF, LL_SFx priorities, changed default priorities for single target
    Changed Lava Lash CD to 10 seconds

You can download the ALPHA version of ShockAndAwe v6.00 (r345) from http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/shockandawe/files/

PLEASE PLEASE do not be clueless and try to run it on live servers IT WONT WORK until patch 4.0.1 hits which is probably on Wednesday 13th October (Tuesday 12th in US).
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-10-11 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, are you planning on ever expanding ShockAndAwe to elemental as well? Namely, tracking Lighning Shield stacks and Lava Surge procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you planning on ever expanding ShockAndAwe to elemental as well? Namely, tracking Lighning Shield stacks and Lava Surge procs.
    I do believe you can set it up for elemental already, the spell priority list includes non-maelstrom stacked spells and abilities in it by default. A good side note is where it says refresh magma you can use any totem and it will treat it as thought it was magma and will not tell you to redrop magma.

Things it does not include will be fulmation. My advice would be to use Power Auras for that and just learn where it is in your priority. Otherwise the talent that resets LvB really shouldnt matter as its going to watches the CD, thus anytime it refreshes, as long as you have the refresh timer set low enough in SAA the priority should change.

Deleted
    Many thanks for it!!

Even if lots of people tell you they dont need it! I love it and trust me (lots of others also)

Keep up the good work, i will be using it starting wednesday!

There is Levva's addon, call: Priority Quene, what can u set up to any class and spec.

Thanks Levva this many job to us. I hope when the patch is release we can use this addons. Like those so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, big props to Levva for continuing to support this, can't live without it! xD

Quote Originally Posted by One2Three View Post
    I do believe you can set it up for elemental already, the spell priority list includes non-maelstrom stacked spells and abilities in it by default. A good side note is where it says refresh magma you can use any totem and it will treat it as thought it was magma and will not tell you to redrop magma.

Things it does not include will be fulmation. My advice would be to use Power Auras for that and just learn where it is in your priority. Otherwise the talent that resets LvB really shouldnt matter as its going to watches the CD, thus anytime it refreshes, as long as you have the refresh timer set low enough in SAA the priority should change.
    I belive there is a power aura built into the default UI now. Such as Maelstrom showing as a very large arrow over the center of the screen.

And thanks for the work Levva

Thanks Levva, super work.

Now what toon do I get to 85 first? Shammy or DK?

Deleted
    So happy to see this toppic here, thx for a great addon, cant wait to see it in practice

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Version 6.00 of ShockAndAwe is available for TESTING purposes on the PTR and Beta. IT WILL NOT WORK on patch 3.3.5.
    I get a lots of LUA errors in PTR, even i use the no lib version. Also it does not work.
    Last edited by Boboca; 2010-10-11 at 03:48 PM. Reason: editing

Thanks for the continues support Lev! I'll be testing the crap out of it myself starting tomorrow. It's not needed as much, but it sure helps! Hope you won't be retiring your shaman after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boboca View Post
    I get a lots of LUA errors in PTR, even i use the no lib version. Also it does not work.
    It works for me on PTR. Can you actually post WHAT the error is? Are you sure the errors aren't from other addons. The only issues I've had reported so far have been from people who have tried to have other addons loaded that haven't been updated. eg: QuestHelper etc.

Bottom line if you post "I get lots of errors" I cannot help, if you post "I get the following errors.." and paste the error codes I can help. You decide!! Do you want me to help or not? If you do then you need to do more than complain it doesn't work. You need to tell me WHAT doesn't work.

Yeah!

Sorry.... did not find the page where i can post it.
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:1054: attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)
    Time: 10/11/10 14:07:52
    Count: 338
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:1054: in function `?'
    ...er4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...er4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[16]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[16]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[16]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...er4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals: self = <table> {
     GetMSalpha = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2028
     showUptimeQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1940
     getWindfuryColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2504
     ActivateShowUptime = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1555
     CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Prat-3.0_Libraries\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:311
     ActivatePriority = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2687
     getFlameShockDotColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2438
     SetNextPriority = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Priority.lua:520
     RebuffWeapons = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Bindings.lua:171
     ActivateShear = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1512
     SetCooldownThreshold = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2251
     FireTotemQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1864
     SetBarFontSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2118
     setWindfuryColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2509
     ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Prat-3.0_Libraries\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
     VerifyOptions = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:239
     GetMsgFont = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2004
     shieldWarnQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2729
     SetMsgFont = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2128
     mw5flashQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1968
     SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:438
     SetWSMana = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2281
     ActivateFSDotBar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1502
     setFrostShockColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2457
     FireTotemNeeded = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Priority.lua:83
     CreateStatsFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Stats.lua:55
     setLavaBurstColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2589
     UnregisterAllEvents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:202
     msgFrame = ShockAndAweMsg {
     }
     GetShieldOrbs = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2080
     purgeWarnQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2794
     GetShieldSound = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2036
     SSQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1860
     GetName = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:298
     GetOptions = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:260
     CreateBindingFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Bindings.lua:37
     setURColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2632
     Disable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddo

----

Message: Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\ShockAndAwe.lua:1054: attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)
    Time: 10/11/10 14:08:52
    Count: 446
    ...er4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...er4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[13]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[13]"]:4>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[13]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals: self = <table> {
     GetMSalpha = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2028
     showUptimeQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1940
     getWindfuryColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2504
     ActivateShowUptime = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1555
     CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Prat-3.0_Libraries\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:311
     ActivatePriority = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2687
     getFlameShockDotColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2438
     SetNextPriority = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Priority.lua:520
     RebuffWeapons = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Bindings.lua:171
     ActivateShear = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1512
     SetCooldownThreshold = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2251
     FireTotemQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1864
     SetBarFontSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2118
     setWindfuryColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2509
     ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Prat-3.0_Libraries\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
     VerifyOptions = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:239
     GetMsgFont = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2004
     shieldWarnQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2729
     SetMsgFont = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2128
     mw5flashQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1968
     SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:438
     SetWSMana = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2281
     ActivateFSDotBar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1502
     setFrostShockColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2457
     FireTotemNeeded = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Priority.lua:83
     CreateStatsFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Stats.lua:55
     setLavaBurstColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2589
     UnregisterAllEvents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:202
     msgFrame = ShockAndAweMsg {
     }
     GetShieldOrbs = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2080
     purgeWarnQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2794
     GetShieldSound = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2036
     SSQuery = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:1860
     GetName = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:298
     GetOptions = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:260
     CreateBindingFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Bindings.lua:37
     setURColour = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ShockAndAwe\Options.lua:2632
     Disable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Bartender4\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddo
    this is 2 from 6 i get, i hope its helps to you.

also i have no any frame to show. i deleted all WTF before i tryed again... and i still get those!

/bow
    Last edited by Boboca; 2010-10-11 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added things..

Deleted
    Levva, small detail (i wanted to post it earlier, but forums were acting up), but i think you have some dates mixed up. wednesday october 13th and tuesday october 15th can never fall in the same year. i think you meant october 12th.

anyways, nice to know that this addon is kept alive. any future ideas that you want to add, but don't have time for now? i would love to help test this on the PTR, but i'm currently struggling with the idea to download 17 GB. last time, it took 36 hours of continuous download (which was something like 2-3 days before they asked us to redownload it, then i thought: "to hell with it"). however, if were to get access to the beta (entered TB's beta draw), then i would love to try a premade shaman.

Deleted
    The nolib version is ONLY for use if you are using standalone Ace3 libraries. If you have installed the Ace3 library addon then use the nolib versions if you aren't sure what to do ALWAYS choose the embedded library option.

Yeah!

Sorry.... did not find the page where i can post it.
    [code]
    Time: 10/11/10 14:07:52
    Count: 338
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[16]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[16]"]:4>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[16]"]:13: in function `?'
    also i have no any frame to show. i deleted all WTF before i tryed again... and i still get those!

/bow
    From the error message you are using libraries embedded in Bartender4 (See the bold in the quote).

So its the Ace3 libraries in Bartender4 that are out of date. Please check your version of Bartender4 the current version is v4.4.2.

Note that you shouldn't mix nolib and library versions of addons either go ALL nolib and install Ace3 or go all library embedded and do NOT install Ace3, it causes bugs to mix and match.

I would thoroughly recommend the Curse Client to automate the updating of your addons you can get it from http://www.curse.com/client/

BEAR IN MIND THOUGH that with patch 4.0.1 hitting the US servers within the next 18 hours all addon sites are likely to grind to a halt. So now is not the best time to test the Client as no doubt you will get odd errors with the website being down.
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-10-11 at 09:54 PM.

Ok! Thank you for the answer!
    Its gonna be an issue if the patch release?

I deleted ALL other addons, i deleted my WTS folder.... and i still have lag and still not show up, and still can not play the game with it. If i turn off SaA everything is ok.... But now i have no other addons.
    Last edited by Boboca; 2010-10-11 at 10:19 PM. Reason: still not work

Deleted
    Sorry are you using ShockAndAwe WITH the libraries? It just works as supplied if its the only addon installed and you have the version WITH the libraries. Adding more addons that are alphabetically earlier may load older versions of the libraries if you haven't made sure that they are up to date.

TL;DR - It works at present in beta it's something you are doing wrong.

i attempted to use this in the ptr and my game shit itself to like 2fps<... is this only for beta or am i bad

edit:
    i just did a complete re-install of the ptr with only adding saa-withlib

Trying to log on and i go to 1fps without any improvements... I have no idea what I am doing wrong
    Last edited by Stevenzb; 2010-10-12 at 03:22 AM.

will the addon be ready to use for tomorrow when the patch comes out? im just making sure. nothings more annoying than trying to work with broken addons

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathull View Post
    will the addon be ready to use for tomorrow when the patch comes out? im just making sure. nothings more annoying than trying to work with broken addons
    Over 75% of all addons I have (I use over 230 addons) are broken in the beta. So expect problems.

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenzb View Post
    i attempted to use this in the ptr and my game shit itself to like 2fps<... is this only for beta or am i bad

edit:
    i just did a complete re-install of the ptr with only adding saa-withlib

Trying to log on and i go to 1fps without any improvements... I have no idea what I am doing wrong
    Unless there is something different between the beta and ptr I don't know about (quite possible) I have no clue what your issue is. You MUST absolutely 100% MUST have "Display Lua Errors" turned on otherwise you aren't seeing what it causing your problem. Better still get a bug grabber addon like !Buggrabber and its display companion BugSack.