Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    I know I was thinking "already?". It wasn't such a flame war thread either.
    Aside from the "LOL BLOOD ELVES ARE GAY LOL"

But those seem to be everywhere nowadays.

Edit: I'm tired and arguing in two different threads right now. I kinda got a little mixed up.
    Last edited by Gunmist; 2010-10-11 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, wait, Garrosh is going to be Warchief?! Why didn't the OP put a spoiler warning in the title?!

THIS IS BREAKING NEWS, WHY ISN'T THIS ON THE FRONT PAG-, er, wait. Sorry my bad, I thought I traveled back in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got back from a 3 week ban, a ban so powerful it sent me back in time! No wait its a stupid re post.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daleness View Post
    And Garrosh the might leader do kill Cairne, but I guess no one cares about the cows..
    Because it's that simple.. No wait..

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    To a good leader a Ally is nothing more than than a weaker race trying to postpone their demise be it by you or another of their enemies.
    Good leaders only agree to Such alliances because Armies that are not your own are expendable
    I disagree with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    After all the Forsaken have gotten away with, I'm glad the Warchief finally says something about it.
    Now let's wait until he does something about it.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Archon View Post
    Now let's wait until he does something about it.
    This.

Telling someone you're onto them =/= fixing the problem.

Garrosh is not worthy of warchief in any way. Any moderately lore-competent player will be able to list numerous orcs far more capable then him, both in battle strategy and diplomacy. (Drek'thar, Naz'grel, SAURFANG!, Eitrigg possibly Rehgar)If you wanted a return to the Horde of the past thats one thing, (in that case Blizzard should've used Naz'grel) but suggesting Garrosh is the best thing for the Horde is garbage.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Garrosh is not worthy of warchief in any way. Any moderately lore-competent player will be able to list numerous orcs far more capable then him, both in battle strategy and diplomacy. (Drek'thar, Naz'grel, SAURFANG!, Eitrigg possibly Rehgar)If you wanted a return to the Horde of the past thats one thing, (in that case Blizzard should've used Naz'grel) but suggesting Garrosh is the best thing for the Horde is garbage.
    Don't project your own whiny bias onto the lore like it belongs there. Odds are you don't even understand why he is this position, so you can hardly criticize it. Any lore competent player should be able to list exactly why he is chosen over the ones you have mentioned.

Blizzard writes this game, not whiny forum users who are too self-absorbed with their own knee-jerk impressions to connect the dots that are right in front of them. You can either connect the dots and appreciate the story for what Blizzard intends, or you can be bitter and complain about something that you don't understand and don't have any control over.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    Yet another poor soul falling for Blizzards attempts to make Garrosh seem "cool." Swearing and dropping an insubordinate off of a cliff does not instantly make you a good leader.
    It's the same thing they've done with Wrynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    It's the same thing they've done with Wrynn.
    And it didn't work with him, either.

I may not be a fan of Garrosh, but Wrynn strikes me as bland and faceless. And don't get me started on his hair. Have you seen his hair? It's a mess. I want my king to be a paragon of grace and nobility, not a bulked-up anime rip-off with a knot at the top, thank you very much.

To sum everything up, Greymane for president. Let's put that wall back into place аnd damn the orcs, damn the Alliance... and so on.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

I think Garrosh is a pretty cool guy. eh calls his allies bitch and doesn't afraid of anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    I think Garrosh is a pretty cool guy. eh calls his allies bitch and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Oh dear Christ.
    For the bajillionth time, the "pretty cool guy" meme has to be about an object related to the person, not the person himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    oh man he called her a bitch

hes so cool

what is this 3rd grade?
    I think is first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Oh dear Christ.
    For the bajillionth time, the "pretty cool guy" meme has to be about an object related to the person, not the person himself.
    Where did you get your meme rulebook? also if "aliens" are objects related to master chief how are "allies" not related to Garrosh? (as in allies of the horde which he just so happens to lead)
    Last edited by ara; 2010-10-11 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Where did you get your meme rulebook? also if "aliens" are objects how are "allies" not?
    Original text: I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything...

Note how he says Halo instead of Master Chief. I'm 98% sure Garrosh is a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Don't project your own whiny bias onto the lore like it belongs there. Odds are you don't even understand why he is this position, so you can hardly criticize it. Any lore competent player should be able to list exactly why he is chosen over the ones you have mentioned.

Blizzard writes this game, not whiny forum users who are too self-absorbed with their own knee-jerk impressions to connect the dots that are right in front of them. You can either connect the dots and appreciate the story for what Blizzard intends, or you can be bitter and complain about something that you don't understand and don't have any control over.
    Are you suggesting Garrosh is a more worthy warchief then Saurfang? Notice the word worthy, I didn't say that it was nonsensical for him to become warchief (I can understand the lore-reasoning for him becoming warchief as an apparent hero of Northrend. Though I would've appreciated him doing anything heroic to justify it...)

Also apparently I'm not allowed an opinion without it being counted as whining. I am hardly the only person who shares this view on Garrosh, in fact it is a common enough complaint that Blizzard developers have mentioned in many an interview that Garrosh's story is evolving. The only reason Garrosh is warchief is the bring the war back to warcrfat, they would've never touched Thrall otherwise and they only moved him because people would hate for him to flip and become a warmonger.

On the other hand if you genuinely believe Garrosh would make a WORTHIER warchief then Saurfang then you are beyond help.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Are you suggesting Garrosh is a more worthy warchief then Saurfang? Notice the word worthy, I didn't say that it was nonsensical for him to become warchief (I can understand the lore-reasoning for him becoming warchief as an apparent hero of Northrend. Though I would've appreciated him doing anything heroic to justify it...)
    It depends entirely on what you base "worthy" on. Is Saurfang qualified as a general? Certainly. Is he qualified as a leader? No. If he was, Orgrim would likely have chosen him over the then young and experienced dreamer, Thrall. If he was, his own Kor'kron wouldn't all be preaching Garrosh's doctrine as much as they are in Northrend. He is an aging general with lots of tactical competence but without the charisma, vision, or even the basic desire to be a leader.

As a leader, not as a tactician, and claimant to the post of Warchief, Garrosh has a longer list of qualifications than any other orc. But this is the kind of area that goes utterly over most people's heads, as socio-political awareness is lacking in most people in wow's demographic.

Also apparently I'm not allowed an opinion without it being counted as whining.
    Trying to make out like your displeasure at where Blizzard is taking the lore is something that any competent lore fan will share is a breed of whining, yes. You can't champion Blizzard's lore and then bitterly complain about it in the same sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate Garrosh, and I think I might like him in a few months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    what is this 3rd grade?
    Then he'd call her poopoo head or stinky butt XD