Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ground mounts in cata

just wondering why have they gone to training 310 flight speed but still kept ground mount at 100. honestly i think that they should make ground mounts faster than flying mounts, that way you would still be using your ground mounts for faster travel, switching to your flying to get around things like mountain chains.

Would be a little silly, though. I'd expect a gryphon to move faster than a horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like saying cars should be faster than airplanes...

Can you imagine, though, a chopper riding along at 310%?
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    ^^^^ OT Flying mounts need to have a decent use or people would not be able to show off their achievements/ Gank people slower then them leveling.

more what i'm getting at is that i dont want to see ground mounts becoming obsolete for anything other than lvling and with a 210 difference in speed, no one is ever going to be on their ground mounts anymore

Quote Originally Posted by andyhawk View Post
    more what i'm getting at is that i dont want to see ground mounts becoming obsolete for anything other than lvling and with a 210 difference in speed, no one is ever going to be on their ground mounts anymore
    i would still use my travelers tundra mammoth for the vendors >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Still need ground mounts for BGs, for one.

just wondering why have they gone to training 310 flight speed but still kept ground mount at 100. honestly i think that they should make ground mounts faster than flying mounts, that way you would still be using your ground mounts for faster travel, switching to your flying to get around things like mountain chains.
    I agree as long as your jumping distance scales with your mount speed.
    Edit: wait it already does

Quote Originally Posted by toughgamma View Post
    i would still use my travelers tundra mammoth for the vendors >.>
    They are taking the vendors out from what I can remember.

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 11:43 PM ----------

flying would still be faster. You can go faster on a 60% flyer than on a 100% mount just because you dont have to deal with terain.

Quote Originally Posted by Etalia View Post
    Still need ground mounts for BGs, for one.
    that is a good point, upping the ground speed in bgs may cause some game breakage

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    "Can I see your license, please?"

Deleted
    would be funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    There must always...be a speed limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

more what i'm getting at is that i dont want to see ground mounts becoming obsolete for anything other than lvling
    way too late for that one. that horse got out of the barn years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id love to pay like 500, 1000 or whatever gold for our Ground Mounts to go 150/280% speed, even if it only applies in the real world and not BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Race cars move faster than some airplanes you know

Deleted
    I wonder how many bhp per ton my chopper would have if max flight was possible with ground mounts.

Can't imagine my skinny dren lass would appreciate it much though unless gruul with yogg knows how many growths was in the passenger seat, the creases in the trousers of the gnome who designed it would probably never be the same way again.

I'm rambling..

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroguard View Post
    I'm pretty sure that isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroguard View Post
    If you use skewed comparisons, sure, some very fast cars can go faster than planes. Formula One cars do about 220 mph. A regular jet airliner goes 500-600 mph. Not even close. The current land speed record is just over 750 mph. The current air speed record is over 2,100 mph.

So, yes, there are some land vehicles faster than airplanes. But only if you're measuring unique, impractical cars meant for short bursts in desert flatlands cars against mediocre planes.

That's like pointing out that I can run faster than some cheetahs. Sure, that particular cheetah might be missing a couple legs but I can run faster!