Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    if the OP was being serious with this post, the OP is a huntard and anyone who uses this 'macro' is also a huntard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shot macros are fine if nothing ever changes. They don't work so well once you start getting haste buffs, haste gear, etc.

So in conclusion, don't use a shot macro.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by sia View Post
    This is just dps lost cos Piercing shots are not keeping stacking due to many arcanes in a row
    This can be nice for low skilled players , top dpsers will never use macros for rotations
    Nice troll post. You sound like a guildy I once had. He never outdpsed my alt.

Quote Originally Posted by StoDaBest View Post
    Hey everyone!
    I just made 2 macros that gives uber dps to a MM hunter! Try them out:
    Macro 1:
    /Castsequence Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot
    (Stop after the last Arcane Shot(you should have 0 focus) and start the second macro)
    Macro 2:
    /Castsequence Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Chimera Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot
    What I find good in this macro is that:
    -You never have to wait for a spell because of focus cost,
    -You always have the ''Improved Steady Shot'' buff,
    -Your sting is always refreshed,
    -You can use Aimed Shot when you get 5 stacks of Master Marksman (So it's instant and costs 0 focus)You can use it anywhere in the macro (I wouldn't do it in the middle of 2 Steady Shots because of the buff though)
    -You can switch targets and it'll be all fine! (Except for the sting part, you need to redo it for better dps)

So yeah try it out and tell me what you guys think!
    My talents/glyphs when I tested it:
    wowtal.com/#k=S1ejRv2.a5o.hunter.qJK
    I had the wolf pet when I tested it, dunno why I should mention this but still!
    You will never reach anything near your maximum potential DPS using that kind of macro... admiting it actualy works. Might be fine for puggers/normal mode heros, but thats a no go for me.

Aaaand as soon as you need to move, thus changing your focus regen, it all goes to shit.

Shot macros are not a good way to play.

Wink

My Beast Master Macro

RANGE:
    /cast Focus Fire
    /castsequence Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot
    /cast [target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /cast Kill Shot

MELEE:
    /cast Raptor Strike
    /cast Wing Clip
    /stopcasting

Is it really that hard to press 4 buttons without a macro?:S

Cool

Actually 6... And yes! Specialy when you liberate 6 buttons for 1 to make more spaces for other stuff like aspect or traps.
    You have to acknoledge that being a huntard is dealing with a lot of buttons and sometime when you don't use any addons for you UI it's nice to have them.

BTW, UI addons are build in macro's made to also simplify your life my friend. Hopefully you don't use them since you seam to have a handy wrist ;-)

Plur!
    Tamere..

Deleted
    4 you say.. ehh?

1 hunters mark + pet attack already in 1 macro
    2 explosive shot + rapid fire + more + pet specials spells already in 1 macro
    3 black arrow
    4 serpent sting
    5 kill shot
    6 kill command (cant put into macro anymore)
    7 steady shot spam
    8 multi shot (dont even start when it comes to AoE)

so fuck you if i try to make some things easier to myself...

Quote Originally Posted by sia View Post
    This is just dps lost cos Piercing shots are not keeping stacking due to many arcanes in a row
    This can be nice for low skilled players , top dpsers will never use macros for rotations
    I don't know how this misconception got started that we need to roll Piercing Shots. PS is a simple 30% added damage as a bleed over 8 seconds, it gets added every time you crit with SS, CS or AiS, and will do the same damage over a fight whether you do all your steadies/CS/AiS together, or whether you do them spread out - the only difference are for the proccing shots that land within 8 seconds of the mob dieing as they don't get their full duration.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tamere View Post
    My Beast Master Macro

RANGE:
    /cast Focus Fire
    /castsequence Arcane Shot, Serpent Sting, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot
    /cast [target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /cast Kill Shot
    If you ever wonder at your low dps it has 3 causes;
    You are using Arcane shot (if scaling isn't changed massively, we can scrap arcane for cobrashot in blue 85 gear - more or less)
    You will never get Kill command to fire and you will never get kill shot to fire. Good luck doing any sort of competetive dps.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:20 PM ----------

Actually 6... And yes! Specialy when you liberate 6 buttons for 1 to make more spaces for other stuff like aspect or traps.
    You have to acknoledge that being a huntard is dealing with a lot of buttons and sometime when you don't use any addons for you UI it's nice to have them.

BTW, UI addons are build in macro's made to also simplify your life my friend. Hopefully you don't use them since you seam to have a handy wrist ;-)

Plur!
    Tamere..
    Aspects are on teh aspect bar (and you won't be changing in combat). Traps, well unless you are on a trap gimmick fight (or SV) you won't be using traps during a fight (possibly excluded Explosive on AoE fights)

And no, UI addons are not built in macros, they are User interface additions - no addon comes with a shot sequence macro (though Faceshooter could possibly do so, which it never will luckily)

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer View Post
    4 you say.. ehh?

1 hunters mark + pet attack already in 1 macro
    2 explosive shot + rapid fire + more + pet specials spells already in 1 macro
    3 black arrow
    4 serpent sting
    5 kill shot
    6 kill command (cant put into macro anymore)
    7 steady shot spam
    8 multi shot (dont even start when it comes to AoE)

so fuck you if i try to make some things easier to myself...
    Why do you have KC on your bar as SV? it hits like a wet noodle, takes a gcd for you to use and is less DPCT than steady for you as SV.
    Why use Huntersmark macro? Premark and gain a CD (and place HM on an alternative actionbar), and get rid of /petattack in your macro's, its definately 1 surefire way to petpull something at one time or another, keybind /petattack instead.
    And get rid of your ExS macros petabilities, they have 1 ability that costs focus, that fires every 3 seconds, you will only lose dps by macroing it now when there is only 1.
    Mooska (Holy Cow Meatshield) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Nooska (Blood Elf Animal lover) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Beast Master hunter in 4.3 - Elitist Jerks
    Beast Master hunter, PVE guide - Wowhead

Dear Nooska

<If you ever wonder at your low dps it has 3 causes;
    You are using Arcane shot (if scaling isn't changed massively, we can scrap arcane for cobrashot in blue 85 gear - more or less)
    You will never get Kill command to fire and you will never get kill shot to fire. Good luck doing any sort of competetive dps.>

I don't understand why you are talking about lvl 85 stuff when u and i are 80 at the moment so unfortunatly for you, you have to use arcane shot until further notice...
    I'm also confirming that Kill command and Kill shot are working fine. "macro tested"

Stop talking and provide us a example of good dps macro for the current patch 4.0.1 at level 80, then i'll /bow to you, master.
    Last edited by tamere; 2010-10-14 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Nooska

<If you ever wonder at your low dps it has 3 causes;
    You will never get Kill command to fire and you will never get kill shot to fire. Good luck doing any sort of competetive dps.>

I don't understand why you are talking about lvl 85 stuff when u and i are 80 at the moment so unfortunatly for you, you have to use arcane shot until further notice...
    I'm also confirming that Kill command and Kill shot are working fine. "macro tested"
    As your state-appointed consul I am advising you to stop this macro misinformation.

These kinds of shot macros are a giant dps loss, period. There is no way they are ever acceptable, or usable, in any situation.

You know what, I'm just closing this thread. People are too polarized about a non-issue. Don't use shot macros. They don't work properly and make you do terrible dps.
    Last edited by ASO; 2010-10-14 at 11:43 PM.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!