Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For all we know, the models might already be done and just not included because they aren't important right now.
    Exactly. If someone is building you a house you don't freak out when there isnt a couch or tv in the place before its foundation is finished.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Exactly. If someone is building you a house you don't freak out when there isnt a couch or tv in the place before its foundation is finished.
    That's why we have a few TV's under the house. Can never be too worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stowdace View Post
    I'm detecting a pattern of the overused Ragnaros skeleton.
    Might be overused but they make it look awesome everytime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Might be overused but they make it look awesome everytime.
    i agree, when they do use Rag's Skeleton they do make it look Awesome, but isn't Al'akir a Swirling Vortex of Doom? like a Giant Tornado the current Skeleton for Rag/Murmur looks similar but not quite the right model Al'Akir needs

http://www.wowwiki.com/Al%27Akir

see even look there the skeleton doesn't fit that picture there does it?
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Al'akir will look like this most likely

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18708#screenshots:id=34184

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=14435#screenshots:id=69636

they are both good models nontheless..
    why would he look different from the uldum/skywall theme? those guys were made pre skywall being arabian styled

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    i agree, when they do use Rag's Skeleton they do make it look Awesome, but isn't Al'akir a Swirling Vortex of Doom? like a Giant Tornado the current Skeleton for Rag/Murmur looks similar but not quite the right model Al'Akir needs

http://www.wowwiki.com/Al%27Akir

see even look there the skeleton doesn't fit that picture there does it?
    yea neptulon dosnt looke like his original pic either his old wowwiki pic basically made him look like a giant naga

turn murmur upside down. there ya go, it's al'akir

Quote Originally Posted by Woopingwooper View Post
    We don't have many models in game yet. Almost no new armor, no female worgen, almost no unique boss models, etc etc etc.

We still have nearly two months to go. They'll be in eventually. Don't worry yourself too much.
    Actually they really don't. Not that I'm one of the folks on the worryboat here, just trying to shed a smidgeon of light.
    They still have to declare that the game has gone gold - (aka finished) Then, they have to send it for mass production and get stores all around the world filled with copies, ready to sell. That process alone takes 2 - 3 weeks minimum, so I'd say they have about one month left for launch development.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Actually they really don't. Not that I'm one of the folks on the worryboat here, just trying to shed a smidgeon of light.
    They still have to declare that the game has gone gold - (aka finished) Then, they have to send it for mass production and get stores all around the world filled with copies, ready to sell. That process alone takes 2 - 3 weeks minimum, so I'd say they have about one month left for launch development.
    exactly right, but they can still patch anything extra through afterwards, if they need to.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to have the models finished by then. They can easily be patched in later.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's always a patch to download after installing a new expansion. That patch contains the things that were added or changed after the game going gold.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They don't have to have the models finished by then. They can easily be patched in later.
    An entry raid boss model? I hope they'd have it finished by then, because they have maybe 2 or 3 weeks before people start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    An entry raid boss model? I hope they'd have it finished by then, because they have maybe 2 or 3 weeks before people start working on it.
    Well, yes, but the point is they don't have to have it done by the time the game goes gold.

There most likely will be another patch at or shortly after release. 4.0.3a, 4.0.4, whatever.

Gold only means that they have enough stuff to make a DVD from, nothing more. Technically, those aren't even needed anymore... they could just send out boxes with the key and a manual, if they wanted to. Everything else will already be contained in 4.0.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Al'akir will look like this most likely
    they are both good models nontheless..
    Murmur was one awesome model