Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They gave a two week notice.. well, two weeks ago, and said that the season would end before people got their new talents. So it's a pretty sure thing that this Tuesday is patch day.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    im really hoping they are putting the patch this tuesday... im pretty bored :S

Quote Originally Posted by betawarz View Post
    It isn't coming out on October 12, 2010.
    1) PTR is still up, AFAIK
    This happens almost every patch. Somebody always points it out as a reason that it can't be patch week. It always goes down last minute.

2) I haven't seen any indication that the arena season is ending this week. Blizzard only said that the season could end as early as October 12th, but they usually give a firm one week warning.
    You got your warning. The fact that you're not satisfied with that warning isn't sufficient evidence.

3) There are still far too many bugs on PTR for the patch to be ready for release.
    The PTR build isn't always the latest build. Blizzard has a more up-to-date build in house. Even if it were the most up to date build, buggy patches have been released in the past.

4) There is no good reason to release the patch this week.
    Sure there is. They need to release 4.0.1 at some point. They need sufficient time for us to experience the pre-launch content before launch. It wouldn't be convenience to release it directly the Blizzcon weekend. Would you prefer they release it on November 30?

5) The patch would be best released after Blizzcon so the Blizzard staff can focus their efforts on the convention, and not be worried about all of the possible things that could go wrong with the patch mere days before BlizzCon.
    You have this backwards. By releasing it before Blizzcon, they can focus their efforts on the convention. Also, the entire Blizzard staff doesn't attend Blizzcon. There will still be people working on the servers and on possible bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer valid sources than other ppls feelings. honestly it either is or it isnt. no big deal

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its coming this week.

I Guarantee it.

PTR will stay online because 4.0.3 will be tested there after the 4.0.1 patch.

This thread is: "mimimi i don't want patch 4.0.1 soon, because i'm afraid mimimi!"

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

[QUOTE=Mlyrrh;9067767][QUOTE=betawarz;9067504]It isn't coming out on October 12, 2010. - You don't know for sure, at all.

There have been times where the PTR existed AFTER the patch was applied.

2) I haven't seen any indication that the arena season is ending this week. Blizzard only said that the season could end as early as October 12th, but they usually give a firm one week warning.

That point is moot, seeing as the arena season has no need to be linked with a patch.

3) There are still far too many bugs on PTR for the patch to be ready for release.

Blizzard already knows them and will fix them. That's why we can't report bugs anymore.

There are plenty of good reasons, one of them being that current content is stale as a brick.

5) The patch would be best released after Blizzcon so the Blizzard staff can focus their efforts on the convention, and not be worried about all of the possible things that could go wrong with the patch mere days before BlizzCon.

How so? The people who manage the servers, patches, and other such things aren't likely to be at Blizzcon. There were people hired for this kind of maintenance.

It's not going to happy, folks. It just isn't. - Again, you don't know, at all. It's also spelled "happen".Responding to your responses.

1. Really, when? (I don't doubt your statement, I am just wondering when it actually happened.)
    2. Completely disagree. Everything is changing in a pretty significant way. Some classes are becoming really OP / bursty. It would really throw off the season.
    3. We can't report any more bugs? Yeah, you're right. Checked the PTR. That is rather odd.
    4. Agreed. Stale beyond belief.
    5. Valid point, but I am rather surprised there hasn't been an announcement about how it will be released. You would think they would give more warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    PTR will stay online because 4.0.3 will be tested there after the 4.0.1 patch.
    4.0.3 has been in beta servers for a while now.

It will happen, no doubt. Go away.

We will be performing extended maintenance on Tuesday, October 12th. Maintenance will begin at 12:00 AM PDT and conclude at approximately 12:00 PM PDT. During this time, all realms and many web services will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    ^this

there is no reason to test 4.0.3...it would be a completely pointless PTR since 4.0.3 is essentially cataclysm without the 80-85 content and new races

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    The PTR is not the same as the Beta. I assume 4.03 will be on the PTR, but I really don't know if Blizz wants to keep it Beta only.

@OP. Sorry but it's looking like the patch will be here Tuesday barring anything major.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^this

there is no reason to test 4.0.3...it would be a completely pointless PTR since 4.0.3 is essentially cataclysm without the 80-85 content and new races
    Wasn't 4.01 first on the Beta before 4.03? Either way, 4.03 includes 4.01 so according to your reasoning, there was no need to put 4.01 on the PTR either.
    Last edited by Jonisawsom; 2010-10-11 at 07:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though its pretty much confirmed for this week (see front page); 3.0 was released with lots of bugs on the PTR and it turned out alright for the most part.

Blue post of extended maintenance proves the patch coming live this week imo.

Deleted

A couple of signs against it coming out are:

It's not going to happy, folks. It just isn't.
    1) PTR will most likley remain up to test 4.03
    2) They have already said it will end on the 12th October. People are expecting the arena season to end on wednesday
    3) There's not that many bugs on the PTR in the scheme of things, and no game breaking ones I can think off.
    4) There's no good reason NOT to release the patch this week.
    5) No, best would be before Blizzcon, so that they can concentrate to next 2 weeks in prep for it. Also, they most likely want at least the next month to iron out issues that will no likely come from a patch in the wild then release Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    12 hour maintenance.
    More like 24...or even 36.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^this

Exactly, they may want to test how well it works to have the updated old world running, without the new zones/races available. Not saying they will but it's possible as 4.0.3 isn't the same as what is running on beta as some people seem to think, it's essentially the cataclysm content that people who DON'T buy Cataclysm will have access to.
    So yes it has been tested but it hasn't been tested to see how it works while limiting access to the cataclysm features (like getting into hyjal, buying azerothian flying, rolling a goblin). Yes these may seem like trivial things to test but trivial things are usually the sort of bugs that get missed lol

A couple of signs against it coming out are:

It's not going to happy, folks. It just isn't.
    Boub's opinion >>> your opinion