Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Depending on spec, Rocket Gloves is a pretty big nerf.

I'd also much rather have the 600 armor than 18 stam as a tank.
    But now you can have increased armor, and the 18 stam. i don't see this as a lose/lose. more like a lose/win.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2010-10-11 at 06:27 AM. Reason: spelling fail

Are you able to put parachutes on top of cloak enchants?
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

can someone from beta or ptr to confirm this plz?
    i think that will be nice if this is true.it is a bit more <<fair>> to be able to stack your prof bonus with regular enchs like is happening with the rest profs.
    i mean i have jc/bs on my dk and i can use the extra socket and the upgraded gem at my wrists or my hand and also use the regular ench l;ike armsman etc slightly nerfed eng boosts + regular enchs look like more balanced to me

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that a nerf.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i dont really see the problem in here as a hunter which will have to stack agi enchat on hands plus the haste engi tinker this is really a pain(loving it)nitro boots plus agi enchant or even tuskar i will cry a lot from the joy though

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Yes.
    this is the only nerf if u can all it like that -1 agi
    Last edited by Kidoeng7; 2010-10-11 at 02:17 PM. Reason: qutoe
    Retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    So they are not nerfed.
    The enchants are nerfed, he didnt say it was bad.

in the end it's not a nerf lol, just a way of us having to depend a little more on other proffesions to get the best out of our's

Title is slightly misleading, or at least loaded with ZOMG NERF tones. Yea we lost some portion of our tinkers, but I do like them stacking. What I don't like is Cata's tinkers... clicky for INT? Boo. Clicky for armor? Boo. Just not as cool IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Great ^_^ Rocket boots + 7 % run speed

yay
    ^This, oh so many times over, this. I've had two sets of boots in my bags with nitro boosts as well as my arena boots with Tuskarr's for ages... switching between them all and having multiple sprints as well as a passive speed boost really added a fun little mini-game to my Loremastering, but I won't mourn the loss of exclusive boot enchants!

For the record they might still crit.
    Tooltips have changed on all spells it seems, so they no longer show dmg range like "50 to 75 damage" as it is on live.
    On that note, were the tooltip ranges before reflecting the normal damage & crit damage, or was it there just to reflect the potential difference in the hit of a non-crit spell?

The damage potential, like you if you played D2 (using lightning sorc here) the damage range was 1-100, you could do absolutely piddly damage or you could run a train over someone so fast, the new change shows the average of the two numbers (~50 in this case). its just a way of knowing what your damage could look like after a long series of casts

You had me going for just a moment OP : D

I'm actually looking forward to this, the rocket boots will be a NICE change seeing as now I can have +8% AAND +300% YAY ME !

Plot twist :P
    You should have done it like Blizzard did with EXP in battlegrounds.

Blizz Patch Note:
    "- Battlegrounds will now grant EXP."
    Me: "Yes!! No more low-Lv battlegrounds being dominated by extreme geared players."

Blizz:
    "- There is an option to turn off EXP in Battlegrounds."
    Me: "What?! But then twink character can stay there forever?! That defeats the point!!"

Blizz:
    "- ... Player with EXP turned off will be put into a separate Battleground."
    Me: "Oh! Phew. You tricked me, Blizzard!"

Maybe next time, the post subtly titled "Engineering Changes"
    That way, the way it's read, each change makes it seem worse and worse,
    until you mentioned they stack!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    But now you can have increased armor, and the 18 stam. i don't see this as a lose/lose. more like a lose/win.
    600 armor is way better than 18 stam on almost every current fight.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    I dont consider that a nerf, since you can use normal ench also, and it gives you the chance to chose whatever ench you want, not only 23 agy on back for example.

tanks should note with this change we can have 2 head enchants the argent crusade rep one and the mind controll one with its 45 stam bonus

we lost 600 armor but gained 45 stam

Quote Originally Posted by Julepalme View Post
    Actually im massively annoyed by this change.

Nitroboost.. the 24 crit rating was much better than icerwalker's 12hit/12crit since im a hunter.. im already hit capped way too easily i dont need hit from enchants.

And the 23 Agi on cloak beats the 22 agi from enchants. (but if you say its untouched)

Unless they also add a 24 crit boot enchant.. im considering this a big nerf.
    You realize you can use the 22 AGI enchant with the 23 agi cloak enchant...

reforge your gear to use the 12 hit.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea , Id like to see this guys idea of a buff

I thought my 3 different engineering toons were doomed until I realized that every tinker stacked with regular enchants. The mind control cap was a pretty good upgrade on my tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    tanks should note with this change we can have 2 head enchants the argent crusade rep one and the mind controll one with its 45 stam bonus

we lost 600 armor but gained 45 stam
    No you cant, the mind control enchant doesnt give stam any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    The armor enchant doesn't stack with a regular one. Both rockets and Hyperspeed Accelerators do.