How will SMF be at 85?

I like the idea of my Warrior hitting things very fast and white swings not missing, do you think SMF and TG will be about even at launch? Which one do you think will gain the lead as gear gets better and better?

I mainly want to use Fist Weapons because I love those

Very hard to guess this early in.

That said, if you're trying to get to where white swings do not miss, have fun stacking hit to ridiculous(probably nigh-impossible) levels.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

TG will probably be a good winner til 82-83 depending on what gear you're sporting. Reason being, very hard to get good 1h str weapons instead of 1h agility weapons. At those levels (82-83) most ICC gear you have will begin to be replaced with quest rewards and you will have a wider range of one handed weapons to choose from. If your gear is only heroic quality, then maybe 80-81 will land you good 1h str weapons. Iirc agi will give a warrior 0 attack power in Cata.

And regardless of going TG or SMF, you're going to need a crap ton of hit to make sure your rage generation isn't crap. From what we can tell as fury Hit(14% w/o talents) is cap then > Haste > Crit/Str > Mastery while leveling and early 85 gear. I hope this helps.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Deleted
    ^, just wondering if you have a source I can check for 14% being hitcap? I've seen that number a lot, and have yet to find any info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotime View Post
    I like the idea of my Warrior hitting things very fast and white swings not missing, do you think SMF and TG will be about even at launch? Which one do you think will gain the lead as gear gets better and better?

I mainly want to use Fist Weapons because I love those
    Those two talents will IMO be the the subject of a LOT of give-and-take in attempts to keep them balanced, so which one is better is more likely to be a "Patch by patch" sort of thing, not a "That one will pull ahead by miles and stay that way", at least, that's if Blizz bother to try and balance the two and not do a "Well, pick the best one, at least fury as a tree is viable :P "

As for fist-weapons... Like polearms for the arms-tree (Love the style of polearms, hate the hunt for STR-based ones), Blizzard (In their infinite *cough*YEAHRIGHT*cough* wisdom have decided that those are mainly for agility-classes/specs, so don't bet on finding a lot of STR-based fist-weapons around TBH...

14% isn't the 'hit cap'; it's just a recommended figure that a lot of people have found to be about right for smooth rage generation.

Deleted
    The hit cap is still 8% for special attacks at level 80, which I can confirm on the PTR so don't feel like you need to go crazy on hit. Some people just find adding another 6% hit rating on top of that helps keep their rage generation steady.

Deleted
    Well, I'm personally going for the hard hitcap on the PTR, and when 4.0.1 hits, on live. After that it's haste and strength (expertise capped already), because I'm finding rage generation is a little low, and considering 40% of our damage is melee swings (SMF at 80) it gives quite a lot.

Also, thanks for clearing that up, was wondering if there was a blue on it somewhere. :P