Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I doubt the patch is tomorrow. Blizz mentioned they would announce the arena season ending a week before 4.0. Last I checked I didn't come across such a post.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they give a *two* week warning, which they did.

This patch day couldn't be better timing for me. Just worked a long weekend, and now I have three days off consecutively (tues, weds, thurs) which hasn't happened for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    No, they give a *two* week warning, which they did.
    Then I guess I'm behind on my reading then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know this is coming. Too bad I'm waiting for December 7 to shell out some game time money.

Will be playable by friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Avin1973 View Post
    Will be playable by friday.
    Ya right, try next week sometime.
    Oh hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demik View Post
    Wow you guys are negative. We are getting a major patch and all you can do is complain that the downtime may be longer than 12 hours. There's a lot of other stuff to play. On long maintenance days, I don't get to play til 6pm the next day because of work. /shrug. At least I come back to a patch. Just assume you'll be playing something else tomorrow. No biggie.

Haven't updated my addons in a very long time. Should be fun. =)
    We are just being pragmatic. A lot of us have gone through major patch releases in the past, and they have never been flawless. Better to not get your hopes up of playing by 12 PST/3 EST, as the odds are in favor of maintenance being extended. We are all probably highly excited, but we are tempering our excitement with the memory of how previous content patches have gone live.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

12PM = 6PM in blizz time

Wow you guys are negative. We are getting a major patch and all you can do is complain that the downtime may be longer than 12 hours. There's a lot of other stuff to play. On long maintenance days, I don't get to play til 6pm the next day because of work. /shrug. At least I come back to a patch. Just assume you'll be playing something else tomorrow. No biggie.

Haven't updated my addons in a very long time. Should be fun. =)
    Patch day is when people are the most eager to play! Besides, I don't think Blizzard has EVER gotten the servers up even close to when they claimed they will be (at least not on a patch day) which makes people wonder why they even give a specific time frame.
    Last edited by xtki; 2010-10-11 at 05:36 PM.