Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I generally haven't done many BGs since the time achievements were released, because I did so many during TBC and Vanilla I got a bit tired of them.

Anyway, my statistics are the following:
    Battlegrounds played: 35
    Battlegrounds won: 18

18/35 makes it 51.4% wins. This is on Misery, EU.

Battlegrounds Played=770
    Battlegrounds Won=567
    73.64%

AV-57/100=57%
    AB=205/260=78.85%
    EOS= 73/101=72.28%
    SOTA=71/118=60.17%
    WSG=155/178=87.08%
    IOC=15/28=53.57%

Moral of the story. Stop single Qing for Battlegrounds and go with full pvp geared guildies(at least 1 healer and 3-4 dps) that are actually good.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The alliance seem to loose a lot on US Rampage battlegroup.

Im Horde and my stats are:

Alterac Valley: 50.98% Wins

Arathi Basin: 80.70% Wins

Eye of the Strom: 78.72% Wins

Stand of the Ancients: 74.29% Wins

Warsong Gultch: 80.15% Wins

Isle of Conquest: 57.14% Wins

Misery is quite even. Depends on time of day, week etc. :3

Deleted
    Priest: 18 wins 23 loses... most matches were at under 80, cause i don't pvp on priest
    Rogue: 31 wins 62 loses... done more matches at 80, ya... ally side on my battlegroup sucks... (emberstorm eu)
    Warrior (my pvp chara): 26 wins 58 loses...

Done more arena than bg's on warrior, but yeah emberstorm/glutsturm battlegroup sucks for alliance.

My shaman is my 4th of 5 max level character which came near the end of BC. I have been playing since vanilla but I no longer am in possession of my first 3 max level chars (rogue being first in vanilla which I BG'd on a fair amount more than my shaman I believe). So while these stats are not complete for me (maybe 1/5th of my total BG's), here they are.

378 total games. 211 wins. That is a 57% win rate.

AV - 52 wins, 20 losses, 72 games
    AB - 45 wins, 26 losses, 71 games
    EOTS - 41 wins, 24 losses, 65 games
    SOTA - 33 wins, 33 losses, 66 games
    WSG - 36 wins, 28 losses, 64 games
    IOC - 12 wins, 14 losses, 26 games

Adding up the total games played shows 364 games which is 12 less than my stats claim.
    Adding up my total wins shows 219 wins out of 364 games played which is a 60% win rate.

So my stats page claims a 57% win rate and adding up the individual wins and total games listed comes out to a 60% win rate.

If it isn't clear by my sig, I am alliance on Korgath.
    Last edited by Zhabin; 2010-10-11 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Messed up initial percentage

Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi View Post
    Not really.
    Typed the wrong stats at first and forgot to edit the percentage. Fixing it now.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know whats the most fun? i play both factions on the same Battlegroup (cruelty) and i get to lose nearly all bgs on each faction

Bad Karma as i call it

My two mains are about 50-50. Both of them were rolled in WotLK and my ratio is probably skewed due to transfers.
    I started out on Ruin-EU Alliance which felt pretty Horde dominated (especially after German merge) and then moved to Misery-EU Horde which feels equal most of the time.

On one of my alts with only 160-odd games played exclusively on Misery, my ratio is 95:66.

Was pretty funny playing on my horde alt in an AV and seeing people rage in chat about "WE ALWAYS LOSE WE SO BAD I GO ALLIANCE x((" Made me lol after playing Alliance for a year or two and reading the same thing on the opposite side.

On Vindication EU, The Alliance dominates.
    Was doing Arathi Basin (Call to Arms) for XP on my hunter. I was 40, and now im 61.
    Arathi Basin battles - 39
    Arathi Basin victories - 32
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-st...Way+to+Awesome

Horde:
    100% win

I have no doubts about horde being better on Rampage EU. I play there, and I ALWAYS end up really terrible alliance players. Occasionally there will be a couple of full wrathful players on the alliance, but they sure aren't managing to win against 10+ good horde players.

It's not a myth that Rampage EU is dominated by the horde, it's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Alliance - Cyclone - Thunderhorn - EU

247 total BG's done, won 125 so that's pretty good, almost perfectly 50%. But there are 2 things:
    - AB: 69 matches, won 27. That's loosing 61% of the matches.
    - The way you win or loose a match.

An AB won is a long match where in the end the alliance is just a bit stronger. We then win with a score of say, 1450 to 1600 for us.

An AB lost usually means that for 10-15 minutes you can't do anything. You're being camped etc. The only reason you loose this slow is because some people keep capping some points. Those kind of matches where you can do nothing to stop from loosing are the ones you remember.

It does seem to be a pretty pervasive myth, doesn't it?
    My statistics seem pretty similar to what's been reported (50/50 or better in alliance favor).

I wonder if the perception stems from something else - perhaps "when alliance lose, they lose bad. when they win, it's hard-fought"? That could lead to a real awareness of those losses, but forgetfulness about wins...

Not sure if it's true either, just wondering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bloodlust US Horde side. For me anyway.

Warsong Gulch - 41 Battles, 25 Wins
    Arathi Basin - 30 Battles, 18 Wins
    Alterac Valley - 38 Battles, 21 Wins
    Eye of the Storm - 45 Battles, 20 Wins
    Strand of the Ancients - 38 Battles, 24 Wins
    Isle of Conquest - 147 Battles, 101 Wins

About a 56.5% win rate.

These are all since WotLK was released.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Of course imbalance is a myth.

If there really was a huge issue then we would see it addressed, but people tend to create the illusion in their heads after any number of losses then come to forums and cry about the opposing faction wining a few battlegrounds.

If you are genuinely losing a great deal of battlegrounds then try playing at a different time of day, perhaps your factions PvP players are simply not out in force or the opposing faction simply has more of their good PvP players logged on, but all in all, swings and roundabouts.

Edit: for the record... (wins / played)

AV - 96 / 160
    AB - 110 / 234
    EotS - 103 / 173
    SotA - 93 / 182
    WSG - 101 / 204
    IoC - 57 / 136
    Last edited by Imgrac; 2010-10-11 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added my stats for the last year
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof View Post
    I have no doubts about horde being better on Rampage EU. I play there, and I ALWAYS end up really terrible alliance players. Occasionally there will be a couple of full wrathful players on the alliance, but they sure aren't managing to win against 10+ good horde players.

It's not a myth that Rampage EU is dominated by the horde, it's a fact.
    My stats say otherwise, although saying that I'm one of the full wrathful guys smashing things up when I actually play :P

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    It does seem to be a pretty pervasive myth, doesn't it?
    My statistics seem pretty similar to what's been reported (50/50 or better in alliance favor).

I wonder if the perception stems from something else - perhaps "when alliance lose, they lose bad. when they win, it's hard-fought"? That could lead to a real awareness of those losses, but forgetfulness about wins...

Not sure if it's true either, just wondering.
    Hard-fought victories are usually memorable as well.

Reckoning / Abrechnung
    Horde

Battlegrounds played 790
    Battlegrounds won 547
    69% win and when you are in battleground where you are owned by aliance you can see in chat how ever noob cry about horde still lose all BGs.

Deleted
    My Paladin's stats, Alliance EU Frostwolf (Rampage/Blutdurst)

Played: 694
    Won: 363
    = 52,3%

I gotta admit it sometimes doesn't feel like that at all. Often it's the way we loose, that is so frustrating, since especially in IoC we mostly don't stand a chance wether they take the docks or the hangar. Another story is EotS and AB, where many losses are humiliating defeats (instantly being farmed at the base GY for ex.) or the alliance let's the horde turn the game around, which does literally never happen on our side. Most of the time we have close wins with 2-3 bases on both bg's. Often we face horde teams with many healers while having not a single one ourselves. We are pretty good at wsg's though.
    Won't faction change, since I'm not a WTJ and like my human paladin way to much. Alliance Pride!