How are locks in cata?

How's beta for locks ATM?
    How is our DPS doing compared to others?
    Whats our Survivability like?
    How about pvp, are we still one of the more dominate PVP classes?

Also fire mages, are they rly OP at 85 just like they are at 80 right now?
    How about every class, which one is currently slightly OP in pvp
    Which one is pulling insane DPS ATM?

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet affliction warlocks are doing just fine.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    I bet affliction warlocks are doing just fine.
    I will take that bet!

The only thing people on the offical forums agree with is that Affliction Locks are stone dead. Even mookins are doing more damage via dots. Its grim reading. Its been nerf after nerf after nerf with more nerfs thrown in just for lolz.

Its looking like its Deamonology or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    I will take that bet!

The only thing people on the offical forums agree with is that Affliction Locks are stone dead. Even mookins are doing more damage via dots. Its grim reading. Its been nerf after nerf after nerf with more nerfs thrown in just for lolz.

Its looking like its Deamonology or nothing.
    I've been hearing good things about destro too.

Demo is the way to go, it has the best scaling of the 3 specs, and even without great gear it still will do better then afflicton. Destro will do very well while you lvl/ have crappy gear, but it has the worste scaling of the 3 specs, and eventually afflicton will pass it(unless it gets fixed). Main problem with destro is aggro, as searing pain is still our main nuke(at >50% at least), while demo has the worste self heals.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    All lock self-healing spells got nerfed,and with healers having to watch mana in this expansion I suggest you pay your guild/friendly healer 9.99 gold per min for healing spells.

Already I've seen post with healers hating locks for the life-tapping.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdrsrow View Post
    I've been hearing good things about destro too.
    destro already had the nerf-stick. from 100% confla from immolate (was like 28-30k crits) to 60%. Also demo got nerfed molten core ((

affli is fine.

Rundown of the lock specs (my opinions):
    Aff
    While it's scaling factors are so far the best of the three, right now you have to do so much work to get the same dps as the other two. Great for grinding regular mobs though. Also barring soulswap and soulburn:SoC it plays pretty much the exact same as it does now. Sbolt is still the rich ugly stepchild of the spec, not being affect by mastery rating or talents, yet remains main source of damage.

Demo
    Scaling factors appear to be between the other two. It cannot be said enough that it is the most fun spec. Hand of Guldan hits like a truck and unlike aff or demo, the spec doesn't have any leadup. Demonic Aegis means self-healing approaches what aff gets. HoG is just awesome, and the felguard does insane dps for a pet.

Destro:
    Frankly destro has changed the least. You get Bane of Havoc, and use soulfire every 15 seconds when above 80%. Has easily the worst scaling of the three, even more so now with 20% more conflags and Backdrafts. Worst at soloing stuff. Glyph of conflag, besides more of them, also means it lines up perfectly with unglyphed Chaos Bolt. Chaos bolt, sadly did not get the buffs conflag got, and is thus less kinda worthless as a PVE spell.
    Last edited by allforone; 2010-10-11 at 08:54 PM.