Glyph Changes in 4.0.1 - Summary

Greetings, everyone. Since tomorrow's patch will bring such sweeping changes to glyphs across the board, I spent the morning gathering up the changes I could find. Here's a link to the spreadsheet I made. This should help people get some glyphs made today so that they don't get gouged (I'm going to be doing it along with every other incscriptologistinator tomorrow) when the patch drops.

How to read it: Glyphs listed under "charred" will be removed. Glyphs listed in bold with "(New)" will be recipes that won't be available until tomorrow at the earliest (not sure if they all will be, but I haven't heard of any not being available). Glyphs listed in bold with another glyph name in parentheses next to it, e.g. "Death Coil (Dark Death)" means that Glyph of Dark Death will become Glyph of Death Coil in 4.0.1. This is all information taken from Wowhead. I haven't found any inconsistencies that would lead me to believe the information is incorrect, but take it with a grain of salt.

My recommendation is to get the glyphs that you want tonight so you're not getting gouged tomorrow. Because we will be gouging. Good Luck, and I hope this helps everyone, including scribes looking to shore up their supplies before the materials costs go up.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CJvLr5IK

EDIT: adding a copy of the document in case there's a view limit on docs.google

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CN-K8IYF Copy 1
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CIvB-_oN Copy 2
    Last edited by Wickedpissah; 2010-10-11 at 08:05 PM.

I cannot access the spreadsheet. Is it shared to the world?

Yes. Is there a limit on how many people can access it at one time on google docs?

Thansk for the work wicked!

Could you please add "chipomgwow@gmail.com" to the list of people able to view it.

Thanks, and happy gouging!

It's currently set to "Anyone with the Link Can View". Just double-checked after rboa said he couldn't access it.

Deleted
    Still can't acces it.

Excellent.

Thanks for the work! I was looking for something like this.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 03:00 PM ----------

What are my fellow scribes expectations for the patch?

I plan on having a stock of 1000ish glyphs and hope to make at least 20,000 profit. It really is going to be our game.

thanks, now i have a list to help me with my gouging

Quote Originally Posted by Bladespire View Post
    Still can't acces it.
    I added a copy. I'm not sure, but there might be a view limit to how many people can access it at once. In this case, I haven't seen it go above 50. So I made a copy of it so if the first one's borked, try the 2nd.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CN-K8IYF

Bought out my server's entire glyph market and nearly all of the herbs as well. Made close to 6-7000 glyphs, threw most of them onto the AH at 70G a buyout before the server went down. With the way that ink costs for glyphs are tripling or more, any scribe who doesn't already have a stash of glyphs is going to be left out in the cold.

Once the servers come up and people log on we'll see if I rake in enough money to turn a Goblin green with envy ... or if I just blew a ton of capital on something worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Bought out my server's entire glyph market and nearly all of the herbs as well. Made close to 6-7000 glyphs, threw most of them onto the AH at 70G a buyout before the server went down. With the way that ink costs for glyphs are tripling or more, any scribe who doesn't already have a stash of glyphs is going to be left out in the cold.

Once the servers come up and people log on we'll see if I rake in enough money to turn a Goblin green with envy ... or if I just blew a ton of capital on something worthless.
    I made sure the herb market was empty too. But we have so many scribes posting glyphs that it'd be entirely too expensive to buy out the market when they've probably got an entire stack of every glyph like I do. So I spent about 6 hours last night making sure I had 20 glyphs of each that won't become charred. It's going to be a good day.

Deleted
    thank you so much, great and informative post.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    Will the glyphs stay up after the patch or will we be forced to repost?

There were still a number of glyphs up from the previous day when the realms came back up last night. Does anyone know if the auction time ticks while the realms are down?

They tick down. Still made about 60-70k worth of gold in a single day of frenetic selling and buying.