Mastery Questions

For this next patch. Mastery is implemented..
    Arcane u can turn spirit and crit into mastery..
    But kinda confused about fire?
    the 2 spirit pieces i have and mabye what ever % over 50?
    alot of the otehr classes are easily getting rid of stats.. but i feel as fire it will be harder to do crit.. especially with the crit nerf

15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit is useless for mages period. Molten armor is back to flat values like BC and early Wrath.

Also, be careful about reforging away crit on Arcane. Crit now does double damage for Arcane like other caster specs and with Master of Elements, it will return mana as well.

I was under the impression that [strike]spirit, as a primary stat could not be reforged[/strike] to stop DPS rolling on healer gear. Sort of like the bonuses for sticking to class armor types.

edit. nvm, found a blue post that says its not a problem.
    Last edited by Cryssa; 2010-10-11 at 10:47 PM.

It's still very suboptimal to be stuck with Spirit on your gear as a mage. You can only reforge away 40% of it, making the item in question only not quite as terrible for you.

Also take into account the reduced base cast times of your main nukes now. Those of us sitting close to ~1200 haste can probably reforge down to half that and still maintain a 2 second cast.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryssa View Post
    I was under the impression that [strike]spirit, as a primary stat could not be reforged[/strike] to stop DPS rolling on healer gear. Sort of like the bonuses for sticking to class armor types.
    No, if you read back carefully they say STR, AGI, INT, AND STAM FOR TANKS. While spirit IS technically a primary stat, it's not so primary that all casters require it as they do INT, or all leather/mail wearers require AGI, or all plate wearers require STR. The reason you cannot reforge STAM is because all classes require it (duh). So as far as reforging goes, spirit is considered a secondary stat and can be reforged into whatever you want.