Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    This is my concern too. Concern as in, I'm worried that mana management won't be an issue anymore when i'm decked in full normal epic gear + t11.... I _LIKE_ having to manage my mana again for the first time in about 2,5 years, and tbh, sofar I hadn't had enormous problems with it either. Still I can understand the buff from a low-gear position, but this increases our scaling by a LOT.

Still, I guess we shouldn't be complaining about buffs.... ?
    Your view is one worth bringing to their attention, "worth" complaining about this buff. And if the official forums weren't such a cesspool, I'd be doing it myself. Hell, I'll still probably dive in there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Right now, i'm not too worried about the buff. Careless use of spells will STILL oom you fast. Smart raiders just have some extra mana to play with now. I only gained 100-200 combat regen because of this it seems anyways. But at higher gear levels, this COULD be an issue, and if so, i personally wouldn't mind it being nerfed back down, but I could see the shit storm that would cause with people.

Am I reading the calculator wrong, or is spirit really close to twice as good for regen than int now ? (looking at 6-7 minute fights, with 4.2k int and 2.3k spirit). Talking about holy priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Am I reading the calculator wrong, or is spirit really close to twice as good for regen than int now ? (looking at 6-7 minute fights, with 4.2k int and 2.3k spirit). Talking about holy priests.
    That doesn't surprise me. I haven't looked at danner's amazing calculator in a few days. Before the buff, int/spirit equaled each other between 3 and 4 minute boss fights. Spirit began pulling ahead after that point. Post buff, 6-7 minute fights probably favor spirit pretty heavily.

Edit: Lol. The breaking point is between 2 minute and 3 minutes for me (3426 int / 2400 spi).
    Last edited by Lysdexic; 2010-12-16 at 08:47 PM.

At least Blizzard did one of the things right that they set out to do, by making Int the "output" stat and Spirit the "regen" stat.

Now all they need to do is tone it all back a little bit, allow the same to be true for the other healers, and everything will be right in the world.

Not quite sure I agree. While SPI seems to outperform INT for Holy, given a massive overweight of INT, the difference in regen is somewhat small between the two stats. The difference in throughput is rather substantial.

I guess the conclusion is still to stack spi/mastery & spi/haste gear, and gem for INT :P

Thanks for the guide, im sure ill have some work to do when i get home, although im already pretty comfortable with available mana (have around 5k left at the end of encounter with everyone alive at 50% and all mana regens used except maybe pot and holy hymn - hc's).

What i would like to ask is where is the link to the calculator? Maybe im blind but i searched the entire topic 3 times

Again thanks for the info.

It's not a big link. It's the big fat picture of the calculator. Just click that

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    - Heartsong have reduced cooldown to 15 seconds, 12 sec duration and a very high proc chance, but only seem to proc from "Heal"
    After reading this in your post yesterday, I did a little testing and saw no issue with proccing Heartsong from Greater Heal, Flash Heal, Prayer of Healing or Renew. I simply waited about 10s or so after the buff wore off and in each case it would proc within 2 or 3 casts. I didn't test CoH or PoM since I was only doing it since I was waiting for someone, so I was lazy and only did spammable spells.

Danner, can we get updates to Power Torrent (Intellect, not SP), Mana Tide, and Lightweave(Int)/Darkglow(Spirit)?

zomg banned for necro -- Kel

Damn you Kel, I just spend 5 minutes browsing to see what that buff to regen was people were talking about in this thread.......
    (Yes, I suck at looking at post dates)

Will do after today's raid (few hours). It's been on my mind for quite a few days, I've just been clogged up at work

---------- Post added 2011-02-13 at 11:39 PM ----------

Done. Calculator updated to 4.0.6 numbers. Basically this means:
    - Holy Concentration now gives 0.8 spirit regen instead of 0.9 spirit regen.
    - Tailor only Back enchants now gives 580 int/spi instead of old values.
    - Manatide no longer stacks with temporary spirit boosting effects (i didn't calculate this anway)

Let me know if I missed something.

On a technical note, I also removed the trinket section for performance reasons. The current calculator works its way through all gains involving stats by calculating what you would have gained with and without the buff/talent/effect in question, then adding it all up. When you add a ton of trinkets I basically end up calculating the gains some 2^n times... I need a better algorithm, but that basically means rewriting most of the calcluator. Give me a spare weekend without overtime at work and I will add them back in though

Danner, I hate to bother you but I don't see Power Torrent as an option for weapon enchant. Also, when I change from Darkglow to Lightweave, I notice replishment values don't change. Is that working as intended? Do we need to add in the average int values (based on icd and duration) to the base int number for procs like lightweave and PT? Thank you.

Danner's last post was March 15th. We may have lost him.