Black Magic 4.0.1

Googled if black magic works for hunters currently, and got mixed responses. Between if it does and doesnt proc. Trying to find a definitive answer.
    Since I plan on switching to DW on my hunter, and if it does work, running (black magic/other enchant) would seem the way to go considering how useful haste is now for us.

Hunters do not cast spells.

good thing it procs off rogue poisons(did?)and shred

Neither do ferals but it procs off shred and mangle for us. At least on live it does. Not sure about 4.0.1

technically everyone casts spells. /cast Overpower /cast Eviscerate etc etc everything even physical is handled by the game as a 'spell' ... but i get your point i'm just needlessly splitting technical hairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about to test...what spec are you wondering about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm understanding is that the Focus regen from haste isn't all that great, so aside from increasing your auto-shots in a certain time period, I would think that Black Magic wouldn't be great for hunters.

I could be completely off-base, though. I don't have my hunter here to sit and theorycraft with. Let us know what you guys find out! Compare a Black Magic (and Zerking I guess? or maybe Mongoose?) to a 110 AP and see how you do.

Our only "spell" is mend pet and I have no idea if that would proc it. Maybe serpent? No idea.

Face it, proccing enchants and hunters just don't exist together and never will.

survival, maybe mm (hated bm spec ever since bc), and unless its changed mongoose/berserk is melee attack only.

Edit: black magic ive read procced/does proc from arcane. Possibly explosive too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmordean View Post
    Our only "spell" is mend pet and I have no idea if that would proc it.

Face it, proccing enchants and hunters just don't exist together and never will.

If only they did.

No, it doesn't proc. If it did, it would be pretty good. More autoshots and more importantly, more Steady/Cobra Shots, not to mention the base +Focus regen from haste. Not too shabby. It procs really often on my casters so it would be good enough, since it gives so much haste.
    Last edited by ASO; 2010-10-11 at 11:50 PM.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    It procs from Sperpent Sting. Multi-shot does. From what I have seen, Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, and Traps do not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    It procs from Sperpent Sting. Multi-shot does. From what I have seen, Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, and Traps do not.
    tyvm, atleast it gives a bigger reason for me to switch dw despite less stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    tyvm, atleast it gives a bigger reason for me to switch dw despite less stats.
    Why not try Black Magic/Black Magic? Last I saw, they were independent cooldowns and procs so they will stack.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

meh, from what I was told in guild it just refreshes, although I could /unequip 1 weapon pre combat to make icds not conflict itd take effort

10+ Year Old Account
    It also procs off of Scatter shot. I will be posting more spells which WILL proc it in this post, stay tuned for updates!

That seems to be all of the spells that proc Black Magic. Kill Shot *might*, but I cannot test that.
    Last edited by Smittles; 2010-10-12 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    It also procs off of Scatter shot. I will be posting more spells which WILL proc it in this post, stay tuned for updates!

That seems to be all of the spells that proc Black Magic. Kill Shot *might*, but I cannot test that.
    tyvm for testing this