Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Major Shadow DPS Glyphs

Circle of Healing Your Circle of Healing spell heals 1 additional target.

Dispel Magic Your Dispel Magic spell also heals your target for 3% of maximum health.

Divine Accuracy Increases your chance to hit with your Smite by 18%.

Fade Reduces the cooldown of your Fade spell by 9 sec. (for when you have to drop aggro twice really fast)

Fear Ward Reduces cooldown and duration of Fear Ward by 60 sec. (for when the boss fears alot)

Holy Nova Reduces the global cooldown of your Holy Nova by .5 sec.

Inner Fire Increases the armor from your Inner Fire spell by 50%. (for when you do take a bit of melle damage)

Mass Dispel Reduces the cast time of Mass Dispel by 1 sec.

Pain Suppression Allows Pain Suppression to be cast while stunned.

Psychic Horror Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Horror by 60 sec.

Psychic Scream Targets of your Psychic Scream spell now tremble in place instead of fleeing in fear, but the cooldown of Psychic Scream is increased by 3 sec.

Scourge Imprisonment Reduces the cast time of your Shackle Undead by 1 sec.

Smite Your Smite spell inflicts an additional 20% damage against targets afflicted by Holy Fire.

Spirit Tap When you kill a target with your Shadow Word: Death and yield experience or honor, you instantly receive 12% of your total mana over 12 sec.

Spirit of Redemption Increases the duration of Spirit of Redemption by 6 sec.

Is this really it? the 3 in bold are the only ones i can see a spriest using in a raid, and thats sad imo.
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

its dumb, not a single glyph that really screams "shadow DPS"
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realise these are MAJOR glyphs and not PRIME glyphs right? PRIME glyphs are the DPS glyphs, MAJOR glyphs are the utility glyphs.

EDIT: And of that list, also Mass Dispel, Psychic Horror, Psychic Scream, Scourge Imprisonment, and possibly Dispel Magic will also have their uses.

EDIT2: And unless I am mistaken, the best prime glyphs for shadow are Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death, and Mind Flay.
    Last edited by Sarcasm; 2010-10-12 at 02:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Spirit Tap is decent for farming.
    Psychic Scream actually turns it into a real "OH $hiT" button. Instead of "the priest feared that group into another one again..." (Bring on the whelps)

Edit: I would like to see Dispersion as a major instead of prime, since it seems to fit the pattern of reduced cooldown. From what I've heard mana can be an issue for Shadow without it.
    Last edited by Aeriel; 2010-10-12 at 02:47 AM.

im talking PVE shadow boss raiding dps glyphs, not a single one of thoes will rais your dps, and some classes do have DPS raising major glyphs i.e Hunter "major glyph of beastial Wrath- redices the CD my 20sec"
    Worgen Druids

Pretty much. Recommendations on shadowpriest.com (probably from ej) mostly match this, with spirit tap replacing fear ward. SW: Death at target<25% health spamming while keeping dots up appears to be the way to go (as long as you don't kill yourself), so the odds are you'll be the "one that kills".

Sad choices, mostly. I had hoped for a glyph that expanded chains to humanoids or elementals, but I'll pass on that if Mind Control doesn't get nerfed. Current beta has MC being awesome, IF used properly. If MC does get nerfed and there is no expanded chains, then Psychic Scream may be the CC choice.
    Last edited by MaxBooger; 2010-10-12 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Damned emoticons

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Damage will be balanced out and you will be competitive. I could go and list all the things that shadow priests get and beast mastery hunters don't, but I won't because it doesn't mean anything in the end.
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

i agree that it does not seem very fair that we dont get any single dps-improving glyph, when healing priests seem to get a bunch of good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaladan View Post
    im talking PVE shadow boss raiding dps glyphs, not a single one of thoes will rais your dps, and some classes do have DPS raising major glyphs i.e Hunter "major glyph of beastial Wrath- redices the CD my 20sec"
    Hard to tell, since raids haven't hit beta yet. So we don't know how raid trash or raid bosses will behave.

The upside is that this isn't 3.0, where you had to go to the major city trainer to re-glyph. It isn't even 3.1, when you had to stock up on a lot of glyphs. With 4.0.1, you learn the glyph, you've learned the glyph. Sooo.... you swap out in-between pulls. Got a baddy that fears? Activate the fear glyph. Need to CC? Psychic Scream. Need something else? Swap into it. For good or bad, glyphs have became much more situational with Cata.

You seem to fail to realize that Major glyphs are mostly for Utility. The number of Major glyphs out there in total that actually INCREASE DPS across all classes are few and far between. Major glyphs aren't for DPS. That's what Prime Glyphs are for. Prime Glyphs are for increasing DPS/Healing/Threat, Major Glyphs are for utility, and Minor Glyphs will be for cosmetics and convenience.

Unlike in Wrath of the Lich King, you don't necessarily want things that just scream "increase DPS."
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shjimm View Post
    i agree that it does not seem very fair that we dont get any single dps-improving glyph, when healing priests seem to get a bunch of good ones.
    THESE are your DPS glyphs, the prime glyphs:
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42414
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42406
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42415

It's really not hard to understand.
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

And on the subject, the one's I'll be running with on a normal basis are:

- Glyph of Psychic Scream
    - Glyph of Mass Dispel
    - Glyph of Fade

Situationally:
    - Glyph of Spirit Tap when leveling/doing dailies.
    - Gylph of Fear Ward if there's a high risk of Fears.
    - Glyph of Psychic Horror for PvP will probably be a must.

Remember. We are a hybrid class. We're not a pure DPS class. That means, we typically have more utility than pure DPS classes. And thus, we will have more utility-oriented Major glyphs than pure DPS classes. We've got some great utility glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

For some boss fights, I might actually dip into the healing glyphs. If the boss doesn't fear, if our agro isn't such to pull off the tank and need fade, then yea, dip in the healing glyphs. Spriests suck at healing, except compared to all the other classes who can't heal. If your healer gets one-shotted, you bailing out of shadowform and healing might be the difference between a wipe and a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post

you dont have to be rude.
    and why cant shadows get something that increases something we do in pve, when healing priests, especially holy ones, are getting it? that actually is a bit hard to understand. there is almost no use at all for any of the major glyphs for a shadow priest in pve.

i believe the glyph of circle of healing is one priests use atm, and now they get the benefit of having that as a major glyph, giving place for 3 even better glyphs as prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42414
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42406
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=42415

Might want to consider Glyph of Dispersion because of the mana issues everyone is having.

Who cares? Damage will be balanced out and you will be competitive. I could go and list all the things that shadow priests get and beast mastery hunters don't, but I won't because it doesn't mean anything in the end.
    Exactly.

EVERY class+spec is getting a punch in the nuts with 4.0.1. Will the end result be better? Worse? No-one really knows at this time, I do suspect there are some balancing issues that'll have to be addressed (when are they not?). If the end result is that I'm top-of-my-game dpsing and you as a BM hunter are slacking off that I kick you ass in the damage meters. And let both of us be top-of-our-game and my damage is a few % points behind yours and I'll be happy. I offer the party healing and mana regen, so my dps should suffer for that.

---------- Post added 2010-10-11 at 10:37 PM ----------

and why cant shadows get something that increases something we do in pve, when healing priests, especially holy ones, are getting it? that actually is a bit hard to understand. there is almost no use at all for any of the major glyphs for a shadow priest in pve.

i believe the glyph of circle of healing is one priests use atm, and now they get the benefit of having that as a major glyph, giving place for 3 even better glyphs as prime.
    Because we are "OH SHIT, THE HEALER DIED" off healers. Sorry, that's how the cookie crumbles. A Boomkin or elemental shammy might be able to jump up and fill the roll, but, dude.... we have two healing trees. With Cata, there isn't a class that has two tanking trees. As spriests, we dps, yes, but even while dpsing we have a healing role. And with with 4.0.1 and Cata, we have the best chance of keeping the group alive (vs other hybrid classes) if we are close to killing that nasty trash or boss.

Sorry dude. I guess you dual-speced your spriest as... spriest? Really? You've never healed? You don't have grid or healbot running as an spriest? Really?
    Last edited by MaxBooger; 2010-10-12 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Missed a period. OMG! AM I PREGNANT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syero View Post
    Might want to consider Glyph of Dispersion because of the mana issues everyone is having.
    As long as I use my Shadowfiend on every cooldown I've been able to keep my mana fairly stable. Hymn of Hope is there if I get really desperate. Still worth considering though I guess.
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBooger View Post

Because we are "OH SHIT, THE HEALER DIED" off healers. Sorry, that's how the cookie crumbles. A Boomkin or elemental shammy might be able to jump up and fill the roll, but, dude.... we have two healing trees. With Cata, there isn't a class that has two tanking trees. As spriests, we dps, yes, but even while dpsing we have a healing role. And with with 4.0.1 and Cata, we have the best chance of keeping the group alive (vs other hybrid classes) if we are close to killing that nasty trash or boss.

Sorry dude. I guess you dual-speced your spriest as... spriest? Really? You've never healed? You don't have grid or healbot running as an spriest? Really?
    alright "dude", hold your horses.

i am not one of those that think we should suffer cause we are a hybrid. i do agree we should help the raid the same way others help with interrupts and the likes. i am currently the dispeller in phase 1 on our heroic LK attempts, so dont go all nuts on me just because i would like to see a major glyph that actually is beneficial for a shadow priest.. as far as healing goes, the most i do is probably divine hymn. in rare occasions i throw a renew or pom. i usually do not shield myself since the disc priests shields are far superiour to mine. i have a hard time believing i could keep a raid up for more than 10 seconds if healers died, talking about live gameplay.

isnt my armory link working? oh well, i am shadow/disc. i have been healing heroic LK 10. i do have both grid and decursive on at all times. i actually got 2 priests, just so i can focus more on healing with one and shadow on my main. and either way, what would be the issue if one would have 2 shadow specs? what if one likes to pvp?

im amazed i had to spaz out all this text about myself just because i made a comment about it being a bit unfair shadow cant get ONE single major glyph that improves our play, when holy did. wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as healing goes, the most i do is probably divine hymn.
    Did you not spec for Vampiric Embrace?
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Did you not spec for Vampiric Embrace?
    why would i want to do that? seems like a waste of talentpoints.