10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Potential Civil War for the Forsaken

I believe there is a risk of a civil war for the Forsaken. My speculation starts with this: Sylvanas is a hypocrite. The main grudge, the entire drive behind the Forsaken is that Arthas had raised them unjustly from the dead. No Forsaken wanted to be raised as an unholy soldier. Sylvanas loathes being a banshee and hated Arthas for making her what she is. Now, to strengthen her military might, Sylvanas is raising her own undead. Undead unwillingly resurrected. Undead that are given their freewill, but undead nonetheless. Undead who could(potentially) hold Sylvanas accountable for her actions. I doubt any newly risen Forsaken would rise from his grave to be greeted by Val'kyr and the gravediggers and fall to his knees, swearing servitude. What I see at most is an official lore explanation for this, what I see at least are RP undead rebel guilds in contrast to the Sylvanas fanatic ones I've seen since vanilla.

Thoughts? Rebuttals?

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    I believe there is a risk of a civil war for the Forsaken. My speculation starts with this: Sylvanas is a hypocrite. The main grudge, the entire drive behind the Forsaken is that Arthas had raised them unjustly from the dead. No Forsaken wanted to be raised as an unholy soldier. Sylvanas loathes being a banshee and hated Arthas for making her what she is. Now, to strengthen her military might, Sylvanas is raising her own undead. Undead unwillingly resurrected. Undead that are given their freewill, but undead nonetheless. Undead who could(potentially) hold Sylvanas accountable for her actions. I doubt any newly risen Forsaken would rise from his grave to be greeted by Val'kyr and the gravediggers and fall to his knees, swearing servitude. What I see at most is an official lore explanation for this, what I see at least are RP undead rebel guilds in contrast to the Sylvanas fanatic ones I've seen since vanilla.

Thoughts? Rebuttals?
    The New Rezed Forsaken are charmed and Corrupted. Keep that in mind. This is why they instantly turn on the Alliance once rezed, instead of doing the free will thing like the forsaken of the AD
    Last edited by Knighthonor; 2010-10-12 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

there could be but i dont think that it will happen because the forsaken would become extinct after the civil war where sylvanas loses because if what you said is true that they dont want to be risen, then the winning forsaken wouldnt rise anymore undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    The New Rezed Forsaken are charmed and Corrupted. Keep that in mind. This is why they instantly turn on the Alliance once rezed, instead of doing the free will thing like the forsaken of the AD
    I was under the impression through quest text that the player Forsaken were given a "choice"(a choice we can't make at all but I suppose it's rhetoric on Blizzard's part). Wasn't that Sylvanas' main argument for the project, that even though it's bad she's still giving them free will.

Forsaken: "Hey man, we raised you from the dead. Are you good with that, or would you rather be dead again? You have free will, we don't want to make you some mindless zombie."
    Newly Raised Dead: "Uh, no, I don't really want to be dead again. Is there anyway to not have purple skin or bones jutting out of my skin?"
    Forsaken: "Well, no, we haven't figured out that part yet."
    Newly Raised Dead: "Beats rotting in the ground I guess."
    Forsaken: "Yeah."
    Newly Raised Dead: "So what's this about being part of the horde? Didn't they try to kill us all at some point? Can't I go to Stormwind and join the Alliance?"
    Forsaken: "Well, they consider most of us unnatural abominations and kill us on sight. The town guards tend to hack first and ask questions later. For some reason they are OK with death knights, but the rest of us poor slobs are killed on sight. So we have to join the horde or just get killed. Not that the horde likes us too much after that stunt at the Wrathgate."
    Newly Raised Dead: "Well, beats being dead I guess."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe View Post
    Forsaken: "Hey man, we raised you from the dead. Are you good with that, or would you rather be dead again? You have free will, we don't want to make you some mindless zombie."
    Newly Raised Dead: "Uh, no, I don't really want to be dead again. Is there anyway to not have purple skin or bones jutting out of my skin?"
    Newly Raised Dead: "So what's this about being part of the horde? Didn't they try to kill us all at some point? Can't I go to Stormwind and join the Alliance?"
    Forsaken: "Well, they consider most of us unnatural abominations and kill us on sight. The town guards tend to hack first and ask questions later. For some reason they are OK with death knights, but the rest of us poor slobs are killed on sight. So we have to join the horde or just get killed. Not that the horde likes us too much after that stunt at the Wrathgate."
    I think most people would be furious after waking. With a lot of "YOU BROUGHT ME BACK?!". I'm sure most people go to whatever afterlife/paradise their religion offers so they wouldn't be fond of being dragged back and stuck in a corpse's body with diseased skin and exposed bones. So no, being an abomination that has no chance of connecting with his former life isn't better than being dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Someone hasn't checked out Mojomaker's videos...

They're all given the choice when they're raised in Deathknell. One even rebels against Sylvanas and gathers like-minded individuals, opening up a minature battlefield near the town.

So yes, it's highly likely that there will be some tension between the different Forsaken subgroups.

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe View Post
    Another conversation
    Newly raised dead:...what happened to my double D girlfriend i was just with? and the never endless beer keg...?
    Forsaken: hey, but your alive again! thats good right?
    Newly raised dead: are you kidding me? I was in freaking HEAVEN! I didnt have it that good when I was i still alive!
    Forsaken: Oh, sorry about that...Anyway, your welcome to the bringing back to the life. And head over there to join the army please.
    Newly raised dead: uhm, yeah, how do i get to die again?
    Forsaken: you really cant unless you get chopped up and burned...and FYI, your technically an abomination now...so no more heaven for you...
    Newly raised dead: ....go DIAF...morons...

I think that'll be the point of the new SFK dungeon. What's his name and his forsaken try to kill Sylvanas (or do kill her, depending on how you look at it) and then they flee to SFK.

No heaven in WoW, homies. At least every time I die I'm not whooshed up to some paradise. I just have to trudge back to my corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    I think most people would be furious after waking. With a lot of "YOU BROUGHT ME BACK?!". I'm sure most people go to whatever afterlife/paradise their religion offers so they wouldn't be fond of being dragged back and stuck in a corpse's body with diseased skin and exposed bones. So no, being an abomination that has no chance of connecting with his former life isn't better than being dead.
    Like this?

Raised undead: You brought me back?

Sylvanas: You are the lucky one.

Raised undead: Feel my pain!

Sylvanas: If that is your wish...

BOOM, headshot.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Sylvannas is becoming increasingly unstable .. It will not end well for her or the Forsaken.