Deleted

4.0 Frost mage stats

hello! Does anyone know what will be the stat priority for pve frost mages in this new patch? hit>int>haste>mastery>crit ??

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Roughly based on Lhiv's calcluations:

Hit > int > crit to 33.34% > mastery >= haste >= more crit

It's hard to tell currently how they all work out now, the hard math hasn't been done on it yet. Mastery's strength is because of deep freeze, haste gets us more FoF, crit is just good to have after frost's soft cap.

Edited: Added Lhivera's approximations and removed my own feelings. He's mathed it out, I'm on vacation.
    Hit: about 3.1x as powerful as Haste, about 1.63x as powerful as Crit, about 2.3x as powerful as Mastery.
    Haste: about 32% as powerful as Hit, about 52% as powerful as Crit, about 72% as powerful as Mastery.
    Crit: about 62% as powerful as Hit, about 1.9x as powerful as Haste, about 1.4x as powerful as Mastery.
    Mastery: about 44% as powerful as Hit, about 1.4x as powerful as Haste, about 72% as powerful as Crit.

Now when Crit hits about 33-34%, its value is going to drop sharply
    Edit 2: Edits everywhere!

I yanked Deep Freeze out of the rotation to see what effect this would have on the stats. It was pretty profound. Haste leapt up into second place, behind Hit and ahead of Crit:

Hit: 2.78
    Haste: 1.61
    Crit: 1.28
    Mastery: 1.11

So that implies that Haste takes a huge hit on its value from the fact that it doesn't increase the number of Deep Freezes we cast. Ironically, this is in part because the addition of Improved Freeze means that we can use it on cooldown, whereas we used to have to wait for a proc, and haste would make that proc come faster.

Adding Deep Freeze back in, I also found that Crit doesn't do too badly after hitting that 33% mark; it's still reasonably competitive with Mastery and Haste.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2010-10-12 at 08:27 AM.