LastLast

Taming a Core Hound

'sup!
    Everytime I see a BM hunter with a Core Hound, it is Red or Green

RED: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11671

GREEN: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21102

But I thought that I have seen a blue one, and I was correct:

BLUE: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17447

The question is: Does the blue CH do the same damage as the others? does it matter which pet I tame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I don't believe it matters, no.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    'sup!
    Everytime I see a BM hunter with a Core Hound, it is Red or Green

RED: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11671

GREEN: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21102

But I thought that I have seen a blue one, and I was correct:

BLUE: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17447

The question is: Does the blue CH do the same damage as the others? does it matter which pet I tame?
    No it doesn't matter but for some reason my server refers to them as the noob Core hounds... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex View Post
    for some reason my server refers to them as the noob Core hounds... /shrug
    Maybe because the blue/gray corehound is a low level mob (like lvl 12) in Azuremyst Isle, while the other corehounds are elites or bosses found in dungeons? I dunno, just a guess.

I tamed "The Beast" (red corehound from Blackrock Spire) myself, and he has retained the ?? (Boss) tag after taming, which is pretty neat.

None of the Corehound models/colors will have different stats than the others. All will perform the same.

HOWEVER!

The blue one is by far the 'easiest' to get, especially for Alliance. It is found in the Draenei starting area. Personally, I don't like it because 1.) It's so damn easy to get and 2.) Everyone has it because it has more "doglike" features.

The Green ones are also not very challenging to tame, as they are regular mobs found in Shadowmoon Valley.

The RED Corehounds, however, only appear in old level 60 dungeons and raids. ((LBRS and MC)).

Deleted
    I like my red Corehound the most. Looks awesome with the authenticator pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    None of the Corehound models/colors will have different stats than the others. All will perform the same.

HOWEVER!

The blue one is by far the 'easiest' to get, especially for Alliance. It is found in the Draenei starting area. Personally, I don't like it because 1.) It's so damn easy to get and 2.) Everyone has it because it has more "doglike" features.

The Green ones are also not very challenging to tame, as they are regular mobs found in Shadowmoon Valley.

The RED Corehounds, however, only appear in old level 60 dungeons and raids. ((LBRS and MC)).
    They're all quite easy.. The only "hard" thing about red is going there, since you can just go straight for the corehound as soon as you arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun View Post
    They're all quite easy.. The only "hard" thing about red is going there, since you can just go straight for the corehound as soon as you arrive.
    Never really meant to imply that "OMG the red ones are hard to get, the other are easy." Though I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the red ones are the HARDEST to get, even if that's more defined as tedious here.

Deleted
    i don't see how taming a mob in a lvl60 raid is challenging, the only challenge is to find someone to create a raid and enter.

Getting Core Hounds at level 80 is easy. Just make a raid with 1 other person, walk into MC, run off the ledge to your right, FD, and wait for the Ancient Core Hound to patrol near you.

It was a bitch at 70, when he could kill you easily.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtux View Post
    i don't see how taming a mob in a lvl60 raid is challenging, the only challenge is to find someone to create a raid and enter.
    Since nobody said they were challenging to get, I presume you're having a conversation with a hand puppet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

HOWEVER!

This. None are particularly challenging to tame. The only extra effort being put in is forming a raid group.

I roll with the blue one (tho it's more white with bluish tint on my monitors), because I dare to be different...and it's purty.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was challenging last night when I tried to tame one, it agrod a bunch of other mobs, and I didn't have a slot in my pets anyway.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

It was challenging to tame a red core hound in patch 3.0.1 in BC gear. Had a fellow hunter and a priest helping to get it.

Now it's rediculius easy with the 8 second cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaela View Post
    Maybe because the blue/gray corehound is a low level mob (like lvl 12) in Azuremyst Isle, while the other corehounds are elites or bosses found in dungeons? I dunno, just a guess.

I tamed "The Beast" (red corehound from Blackrock Spire) myself, and he has retained the ?? (Boss) tag after taming, which is pretty neat.

The Beast. Got it myself. Seems to randomly select red/green as its skin too, half the time i summon it its red, half the time its green.

to the OP, no it wont matter all pets have been normalised to an extent and the major differences are now aesthetic and in regard to the buffs they bring to groups (i.e core hounds can bloodlust)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    The Beast. Got it myself. Seems to randomly select red/green as its skin too, half the time i summon it its red, half the time its green.
    Wow really? Mine has never changed colors, nor have I read that that model changes colors as all. Interesting!

Am I the only one who sees the Kurken as more white than blue >_>

Its more white tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950 View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the Kurken as more white than blue >_>
    This :P