Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The people who care so much should maybe step outside and go find a puddle and be amazed by the graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new water, my effects/Graphics is always on ultra, the game runs in about 80 - 120FPS, so im happy. If i want to go oldschool and watch pixels, ill play a real game. Zelda or Mario that is.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Anything that might put my Compueters load over 2% makes me happy, Cmon water at max!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    Anything they improve will be welcome in my book, including water. Stop whining
    Lol, people throw around the quit whining at every opinion given. Actually answering the op though, No, I don't give a Dman, but considering the amount of water in Cata, it might have been necessary so some people don't end up with Atari flashbacks.

You can always turn the water detail down and pretend like it doesn't matter.

Because it doesn't.

Unless you're one of those people that think graphics make the game.

Which they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ok i am downloading the new patch as i type. Can you tell me why it say's Experimental support for Dx11 (enabled by passing'-d3d11' on the command line or adding Set gxtApi "d3d11" to the Config.WTF file) under Graphics?
    You clearly didn't read any of the posts surrounding my post. Go back and re-read them. I even highlighted the DX11 enhancement in my post. It has been specifically said that the experimental DirectX 11 support is only to boost frame rates the same way that DirectX 9 games get better frame rates when they get DirectX 10 support and are run in DX10. Go back and play Assassin's Creed, Crysis, or even Bioshock. If you disable the DX10 features but enable DX10 mode, you get better frame rates. Its called improvements.

They are not requiring players to buy brand new hardware to experience a highly touted feature.

Water looks terrific. Since I have at least halfway-decent eyesight, I appreciate aesthetics.

I give a dman. I really dislike the tiles Azeroth has as its ocean.
    shit

I love the new water, gives the game a much better feel.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't too bothered. But now that i've got graphic settings on ultra = omg

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, so glad they got the water right, seeing as they couldn't get anything else right this patch...

Deleted
    It makes me want to buy a PC..

i run the game on ultra regardless so yes i care and it looks good despite it looking a little jellyish.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang View Post
    The game looks like ass by todays standards anyway. I don't see how the water is supposed to make it look less-ass.

Honestly, visuals are clearly not a focal point in the game. I just hope with all my addons and a load of characters on screen, being around water won't **** up my frame rate even more.
    ass is nice
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhamy View Post
    actually i'm happy with the new water. Can't wait to level an alt and go to STV :S
    Been there yesterday and it was raining, wonderful I like new water and sunshafts, both looks great