Tank; Paladin vs DK

Hi all just a little background info as I do not post much at all. My guild (mostly all RL friends) is reforming for cata, however we lost a tank who server Xferred when we stopped trying a few months ago. I got asked to either tank or heal as i have multiple 80s now I have never been a good healer and hate looking at little green cubes all fight.

So I told my GL I would tank now i have a DK and Pally at 80, I love the DK mastery looks the most interesting mastery period. The problem I have is my desktop crapped out on me and I will unlikely be able to get a new desktop till tax time so I ask the lucky ones from beta who has an easier time holding threat.

I have watched a lot of cata vids mostly from totalbiscut and heroics look like at least once per instance is a tank awareness fight and I a running super low fps and need a class that is a little more forgiving. I have tanking for a while in WotLK with my pally and found pally tanking threat on bosses and groups amazing. Have the changes to our aoe tanking been hurt that badly?? If anyone has tanked with both in 85 heroics and can give some sorta of feedback I would be greatly thankfull.

PS I do not mind tanking being more challenging and from what I have seen love that people can't slack or faceroll as much, however I am gonna be severally handicapped hardware wise for probably the first 3rd of tier 11 content and since thats when it is at its hardest before overgearing I could use the help, thank you.

Deleted
    All tanks generate roughly the same mount of threat, although at somewhat varying rates. I don't think its a valid consideration though.

Now as for what class to pick, it really depends on what classes you guild already has. If you are short on DKs, play a DK...if you low on Paladins (unlikely), then play a Paladin.

-Paladin would allow you to heal too, if necessary, since your GL asked that of you as well.
    -Death Knight tanking will probably require a little more attention than Paladin tanking but I think they're also better if used right.

Generally the differences won't be that huge as they were in Wrath, so really just look what classes your guild needs. If you plan to raid 10 mans at some point, having at least 7/10 classes covered is strongly advised.