Affliction Warlocks

So pretty much the only reason I play this game anymore is to PVP as an affliction Warlock. Our glory days are behind us with our constant self-healing nerfs, but I still have stuck it though and made the spec work in a god-like manner.

So my question is, because I have not really been keeping up with upcoming Cataclysm changes since they change so much, is this class going to be destroyed by this patch today? So far I have heard that affliction is ruined, and that demo or destruction is the route to take….. Just wanted to see if any of you out there knew what is coming for our class today, and if you had any insight.

Either way I will probably still respect back into affliction and struggle with getting one shot while everyone else goes demo or destruction – but if you are out there in Whirlwind BG killing the lone affliction warlock, don’t worry… no one fights harder than the underdog

So pretty much the only reason I play this game anymore is to PVP as an affliction Warlock. Our glory days are behind us with our constant self-healing nerfs, but I still have stuck it though and made the spec work in a god-like manner.
    Arguabally the strongest class/spec combi in game, and you say your "glory days" are over?

Not sure if trolling, or just comparing to SL/SL.

Afflictions healing nerfs came with the overall nerfs on heals (that being amount and mana cost) and seeing as heals go into afflis normal rotation and quite powerful aswell it was bound to happen. And affliction probably won't be that bad, I doubt they'll be the best specc but the speccs and classes are getting closer and closer wich is good (never fun to have a class or specc that crushes everything no matter what).

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

I don't know about strongest/weakest but look at these 2 spells:
    Soulburn and Soul Harvest. Note what soul burn does to drain life =)

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya, demo is just stupid now. wtf is up with the bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Arguabally the strongest class/spec combi in game, and you say your "glory days" are over?

Not sure if trolling, or just comparing to SL/SL.
    Not trolling.... I just recall going from not even needing a healer on me and getting zero deaths in a BG, to dying "lots" due to the overal-heal-nerf... Still takes a lot to kill me, but back when I got wrecking ball multiple times as affliction definitely were my "glory days".

And yes, the class/spec is very strong - but only with lots of practice... kind of how Reckful took Sub and destroyed people with it, while everyone else could only manage to stick with mut builds.

yesterday affli did like 1/3 of their dmg as healing. now its like 1/10

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    yesterday affli did like 1/3 of their dmg as healing. now its like 1/10
    I just got back home and trying to install the patch, but if this is the case then:

YES, FINALLY.

Tbh, it was totally needed. Affliction selfhealing, control and damage were all 3 insane. But oh well, Affliction will very probably still remain to be one of the best specs ingame, as it has always been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    ye... sure
    Ye sure what?

The fact that Affliction selfhealing, control and damage were all over the top remains a fact.
    The fact that Affliction has been one of the best specs since Vanilla remains a fact.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    I just got back home and trying to install the patch, but if this is the case then:

YES, FINALLY.

Tbh, it was totally needed. Affliction selfhealing, control and damage were all 3 insane. But oh well, Affliction will very probably still remain to be one of the best specs ingame, as it has always been.
    Aff will most likely become the dominant spec again where being almost self sufficient will be needed, but destro will be for more people in a fight. Rated BG's I see destro being top as well as 5v5. Whereas 2v2 will most likely be aff territory and 3v3 will be about even.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    Aff will most likely become the dominant spec again where being almost self sufficient will be needed, but destro will be for more people in a fight. Rated BG's I see destro being top as well as 5v5. Whereas 2v2 will most likely be aff territory and 3v3 will be about even.
    Don't forget Demo. They will have 3 "better than viable" (all 3 OP) specs for sure if there aren't any major nerfs incoming.

feral got a huge buff and boomkin 2 shots you in 10 sec silence. Thats op if you ask me. Resto have always been good. And no, its still a long way until demo is viable in pvp. Havent even seen any aff locks yet and i wont even bother trying it so i dunno about aff