Ordering Games Online

I've seen people that order a game online (in my specific experience, Halo: Reach) and they actually receive the game in the mail the day before it is released. I had two or three people that ordered the game from Wal-Mart and received the game the afternoon before the midnight release. Can you really get it early by ordering it online through walmart or amazon or someone else or is it better to just go to the midnight release?

I order from Gamestop.com only because I have a Edge card and it has store credit, so I really am only paying like 30 dollars for a brand new game, or depending on how much is on my Edge card. You will never get the game early from Gamestop.com, however, you will get the game on street date if you use overnight shipping. I never ordered from amazon or wal-mart before but I would assume they are the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always order from Amazon because I get free shipping being a Prime member and every game has arrived on the day of release. Current pre-orders I'm expecting to arrive on release day are Rock Band 3 (Oct 26th) and WoW:Cataclysm CE (Dec 7). I have never got a game prior to the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I order from Webhallen and I always get it the day its released, and with Wotlk I got it 1 day earlier
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

It seems from what I've been gathering that it's kind of hit or miss on whether the game gets there on the street date or a day earlier. Sometimes it will make it and sometimes it won't.