Deleted

Whats the bottleneck of my pc?

hey guys,

Im looking for a "quick band aid" fix for my PC, due to my money situation, im having to upgrade my pc 1 part at a time and save up seperately for the motherboard/processor/ram etc.

My current specs are

OS Windows 7
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 running at ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 3GB 800mhz 5-5-5-18
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4650

at present i have £150 to spend on an upgrade for 4.0/cataclysm, i dont anticipate upgrading the rest of my pc until spring 2011 at the earliest as i just cant afford it.

Deleted
    I propably wouldn't upgrade anything and save those 150£ for the new build.

If you really want to upgrade, you need to make sure that your PSU can handle a new GPU. Nvidia GTX460 1GB would make cost you around 170£ but its the lowest card that wouldnt be a huge bottleneck on your new build later. Any good-brand 400W PSU will be sufficent for your current build with the new GPU.

Buy CPU cooler and overclock. That's the only single part upgrade you should be doing really. Scrapping whole computer besides Win7 is the only thing you can do, nothing else can really be swapped piece by piece except maybe graphics card and even that depends on your PSU.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    ok, well ive ordered the gt 460 which should be coming by tomorrow, already have an 800w PSU (i used to have 2 8800GTX SLi so i got 800w to be safe even though it was overkill) so i have more than enough power for it. one thing im not sure on, ive been looking at getting the most out of my current build. sat in dalaran atm with everything set to ultra, getting 10 FPS if im lucky yet WoW is using around 50% of the CPU in total. yet if i lower the settings, i get around 30 FPS in dalaran but still WoW using around the 50% mark

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Buy CPU cooler and overclock. That's the only single part upgrade you should be doing really. Scrapping whole computer besides Win7 is the only thing you can do, nothing else can really be swapped piece by piece except maybe graphics card and even that depends on your PSU.
    i am going to upgrade the CPU motherboard ram and possibly PSU in the coming months but its not something i can realistically afford at this moment in time hence why im going for something that can be upgraded then moved to a new system (gpu)
    Last edited by mmoc1175caa2c9; 2010-10-12 at 06:32 PM.