Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    GS is not fine.

People that do the heroic grind, and get the best gear they possibly can, arn't getting into raids that are appropriate for them because people don't understand gearscore =/= skill.

"Sorry, you need a 5.5k GS for ICC 10, and a 5.3k GS for TOC 10"

And it is very possible to break gear score. Blizzard is capable of pretty much doing anything as a game designer. It's not hard.
    People do not think that GearScore is equal to skill. However people are aware that with enough GS skill isn't required to kill bosses. Unfortunately a large number of players apparently dislike a challenge so much that they work as hard as possible to eliminate any chance of failure. This is a shame, because the challenge is at least 1/2 the fun!
    Mirrikat45/Arxkanite,
    Author of GearScore

Yes, I really am the author! View my proof here: http://forums.tentonhammer.com/membe...outme&simple=1 (Read "Biography")

Deleted
    Blizz doesnt seem to have anything against GS, I mean they are adding in their own GS-thing, aka avg ilvl. Thats almost the same.

Honestly I kinda miss GS, mostly because... Well... I have gotten lazy and I am just used to mouseover people and somewhat see at what level their gear is. F.E. today I was looking for people in similiar gear to mine so we can duel on target dummies and I can see how is my skill with the new rotation compared to others.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2010-10-13 at 08:50 PM.

I hope Blizzard breaks it. The damn thing makes playing a Video Game during your free time impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohei View Post
    I'm sorry, what the hell does a mount have to do with skill level? Are you that dense? Oh, wait....using terms like baddie and welfare scrub...never mind, carry on "IM SO HARDCORE RAAAGH" guy.
    mad Baddie is mad

Hey, look at the BUILT IN INTERFACE.

It now shows your average gear level. Gearscore is not needed, since addons will be able to access that.

People who whine about GS seem to miss that the entire Blizzard dungeon system is based on gear level.

Welcome to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by RTP212 View Post
    Ways to tell your grouped with scrubs 101

1. Raid Leader is using GS to recruit for raid
    2. Members of raid are using the celestial steed mount

Thank god you baddies using GS are done in Cata. GS means nothing when you don't know how to CC mobs/bosses, or dps the correct target. Finally people who actually know how to play will be rewarded instead of all you welfare scrubs.
    We use it the other way 'round. 10man guild, 2-3 out for a given night, need to get 2-3 more. We don't want to spend all damned night going through armories, so we throw out an appropriate GS number to filter responses. Responses get run through the armory/wh to evaluate their history, gearing, spec, gemming, etc. The rest of it we base on our composition needs for the night and their personality/style of speech. If we don't find the right people, we lower the GS threshold again and continue until we've got our recruits.

In short: We know our group could carry several fresh 80s through the content, because we are not scrubs. We don't actually want to do that, though, so we use GS to speed up recruitment.

Have never understood why self-described "people who know how to play" rage about GS. Tools are tools (left intentionally ambiguous).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post

It now shows your average gear level. Gearscore is not needed, since addons will be able to access that.

Welcome to reality.

I can access it just fine: http://www.gearscoreaddon.com/photos/photo6_big.jpg
    Last edited by Mirrikat45; 2010-10-13 at 08:57 PM.
    Mirrikat45/Arxkanite,
    Author of GearScore

Yes, I really am the author! View my proof here: http://forums.tentonhammer.com/membe...outme&simple=1 (Read "Biography")

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrikat45 View Post
    Yep!

GS is dead. Long live GS.

Now, to gem my gear with the incorrect gems and play with the worst spec. Thanks Blizzard!

ps > that should read "if fully gemmed"

On a personal side note, I invented GS forever ago. It was called iLVLSPY or something, where it would spam the hell out of everyone near you and tell you their average iLVL, even converting greens and blues to what the equivalent epic iLVL would be. I was leading a guild and needed to see what everyone's rough gear level was for loot council decisions. It ran like crap and barely worked, I was no good at LUA.

Then you came along and made basically one of the greatest addons, and I appreciated it every day. Don't let the hate wear on you, you are an asset to the community! Thank you!
    Last edited by frott; 2010-10-13 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gearscore addon is a good tool if you are someone who is gonna pug, for all you people that dont like it, DONT PUG, get into a guild of good people that play based on skill and recruit based on preformace, ive seen so many scrubs in 6k+ GS, stand in flames on marrowgar, or hit by lavawall on a sarth weekly, stupid shit i know, and their gear did nothing to help them move, if u object to use of the addon, take yourself out of the environment where it is used, because believe me, most GOOD guilds dont give a flying fuck what your gearscore is if you dont know what your doing on the class you are meant to be playing
    Whats a signature?

15+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with gearscore is when it's used to ensure the entire raid over gears the content (e.g. "LFM TOC10 5.5k+ GS"). Or, when people harass new 80s for not having a 4k+ GS two days after hitting 80.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    My only problem with gearscore is when it's used to ensure the entire raid over gears the content (e.g. "LFM TOC10 5.5k+ GS"). Or, when people harass new 80s for not having a 4k+ GS two days after hitting 80.
    That's not a GS issue, spoiler: it is always beneficial to overgear a raid when you're looking for 1 or 2 pieces. TOC10 still has specific items that would be upgrades for 5.5k+, especially when 5.5k+ includes PVP gear easily.

Tanks have it the hardest. Try running a heroic when you can actually use upgrades out of the place. People shit themselves because you're not stacked in HPs while (previously) being defense capped. Obviously a tank is a tipping point of difficulty, getting an ICC25H geared tank in your heroic is ridiculously faster than getting a new 80 who just got enough items to be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
    - GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    really? I always thought gearscore was more like a bikini. What it shows is suggestive but whats beneath it is what's really important.

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post

People who whine about GS seem to miss that the entire Blizzard dungeon system is based on gear level.

Welcome to reality.
    The whole system is based on gear level, yes. But Blizzard is much more forgiving then players.

If it allowed for raids, I'm pretty damn sure you could do TOC 10 with a 5K GS.... Where as players seem to think you can't do TOC 10 until you get a 5.3k GS.

If people actually used the correct level of gear to the correct level of content, then people wouldn't be complaining about gear score.

Now a days you need ICC10 gear to do TOC 25. You need ICC 25 heroic gear to do ICC 10 normal.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDHEU View Post
    So yea, im in the EU, so i cant check these things yet.

Alot of people have been saying that Gearscore has been made so it will not work ingame anymore they are doing what they did for API or w/e it was called because it ruined PUGS all the way through to guilds and other stuff, WHEN THE SERVERS GO UP (Yeaa... i didnt know that they wernt up yet, its 8:30pm here so =d) can anyone check if it has been done or not?
    Gearscore is now broken.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Hardcore" Players are playing the wrong game.

I only still play because I have nothing else to do with my time.

When gearscores gone, people will just be forced to type in there name on Wowheroes.. Honestly, if you had no way of measureing gear in some single numeric form, you would have some many baddies in a raid. The only people who rage about gearscore is if you don't have any. You get gear from killing raid bosses. So lets say if gear was taking out anybody could come in your raid if they had proper achievments, weather if your 3kgs doing 5k dps or 6k gs doing 14k dps. I personally would rather have a 6k gs then a 3k gs if they both have the same achievs, but thats just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graki View Post
    Gearscore is now broken.
    No, it is not.
    Mirrikat45/Arxkanite,
    Author of GearScore

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    When gearscores gone, people will just be forced to type in there name on Wowheroes.. Honestly, if you had no way of measureing gear in some single numeric form, you would have some many baddies in a raid. The only people who rage about gearscore is if you don't have any. You get gear from killing raid bosses. So lets say if gear was taking out anybody could come in your raid if they had proper achievments, weather if your 3kgs doing 5k dps or 6k gs doing 14k dps. I personally would rather have a 6k gs then a 3k gs if they both have the same achievs, but thats just me.
    Not really , if you're the raid leader you should know what each class does etc + with cata min/maxing is so much easier so everyone's dps will be alot higer as the information is alot easier to get ahold of now.

Gearscore addon just saves people the time from typing in wow-heroes.com, or just inspect them by hand. Only people who don't get into raids because of there gear don't like gearscore. They think they will somehow magicly get into raids now when/if gearscore is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RTP212 View Post
    Ways to tell your grouped with scrubs 101

1. Raid Leader is using GS to recruit for raid
    2. Members of raid are using the celestial steed mount

Thank god you baddies using GS are done in Cata. GS means nothing when you don't know how to CC mobs/bosses, or dps the correct target. Finally people who actually know how to play will be rewarded instead of all you welfare scrubs.
    I use my Celestial Steed instead of my ICC drake. I also use my Shattered Sun title instead of any of the wrath hard mode titles. I use GS to weed out the terribly undergeared players that will get 1-shot by saurfang's mark. The fact that I do what you hate, and succeed doing so, is simply icing on the cake.