Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

6 Mage Glyphs Miscategorized

EDIT: UPDATE
    Originally Posted by http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27188059040&sid=1&pageNo=5

The listed prime glyphs that are currently incorrectly categorized as major glyphs can still be slotted as majors for the time being.
    This went from a serious Mage bug nerfing Mages to buffing Mages.

Now instead of one class QQing, we have nine! COMMENCE QQ.

I'm just kidding. I'm glad they chose this solution to the problem as opposed to disabling them, though.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-10-12 at 09:39 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

So? You're just getting them later, not much point to this QQ thread....

Sigh, massive blizz fails like this just.. discourage me about playing this game
    <.<
    >.>
    >.<
    My armory
    DK tanking stuffs since WoTLK beta's first day of release.

Actually I have a real life, I'm just on my friends computer while we have a drink around his house before we go BMX'ing down the castle near by his house and found all the geeks spouting rubbish.
    Most fail troll thread ever. Featuring Boub as last post!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I'm not really QQing (I don't even have a Mage).

This thread may lead to QQ, but it is important that people know about this because it is in a random Patch 4.0.1 recap thread that most people won't read.

This is going to be a hit to the fire mages out there both builds are getting screwed over a bit. Since it can't be hotfixed I guess we just have to sit and wait for 4.0.3 to fix it. It sucks but 4 weeks or so isn't the end of the world, 4 weeks of QQ on anything to do with WoW over it might make me go crazy and kick puppies though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm pretty sure they singled you guys out. It's a conspiracy! ZOMG YOU GUYS WILL BE DOING SLIGHTLY LESS DPS THAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING!!!

No really though, it'll be ok.

Maybe this is the reason they are pushing things back 2 hours :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enoesiiw View Post
    Hmmm... I haven't touched the PTR and I knew all of those were Prime Glyphs. Then again, all classes are like this, their damage dealing glyphs are all prime. Hence the creation of a prime glyph, to differentiate them from the more utility glyphs. If you check, say, a Holy Paladin, all the glyphs that increase healing directly (through increase healing or crit or extended mp5) are prime glyphs. They didn't just do it to mages, they did it to everyone. And really, I'm glad those 6 glyphs are prime glyphs and not major ones because it lets me use some of the cooler majors that I have previously had to skip btw (Evocation and Polymorph ftw?!)

I guess my point is... No one cares, so neither should you.
    I think you misread the post - Nobody can USE those glyphs until it is fixed.

Until they are reclassified as Primes, Blizzard is removing the ability to activate those glyphs.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-10-12 at 08:10 PM.

we just get them later...

seriously?

it has a serious impact on all mage specs

How would you feel if 2 of the most important glyphs of EACH of your specs was not available? You know some people are actually still raiding and these glyphs (obviously being prime) are attached to our PRIMARY nukes.. hence totally gimping our dps. This is ridiculous.. and even more so if this issue was already reported on the PTR forums and wasn't fixed before they took servers live.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Cata hits in 2 months, I think they'll have them in by then........

This is kiiiind of a big deal for mages who are still working on heroic LK. I'm not personally, but fire is still the spec of choice for him given valkyr aoe/cleave and the better mobile dps of fire. Maybe it won't end up mattering, but it's rather inconvinient for raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just go Frost and laugh at the Fury warriors who are pissed that they can't generate rage.
    BfA Beta Time

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that sucks for mages. My mage is gonna be on the backburner for a little while, so I'm not too concerned.

super fail bliz.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Just go Frost and laugh at the Fury warriors who are pissed that they can't generate rage.
    lolol I didn't even think about that one. Should be good times.

what will you use in place of the FB glyph since its on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost is gimped as well, and arcane. Those 6 unavailable glyphs neatly fit in to the category of 2 very important glyphs from EACH mage spec. Its not like they just fucked over fire, they picked the perfect 6 glyphs to completely fuck over each mage spec.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

This is actually really upsetting, since my main is a mage. I was really looking forward to getting on and testing out the new fire spec, this just seems like sloppy work on Blizzards part to completely overlook something like this when they managed to (apparently) get it right for every other class in game.

I truly feel bad for all the mages and my buddy who I am informing of this news right now but I am not at all suprised by this. Anyone who was around for the end of Burning Crusade who payed attention to Beta had prior Knowledge to Ret Paladins being incredibly overpowered, myself being one, everyone reported this to Blizzard countless times it was rediculous the amount of feedback sent in, and forum posts about Ret paladins being retarded Overpowered. Despite all the feedback and forums though Ret managed to make its way into Live Overpowered as sin, and wasn't brought back into line with everyone else fully until several months after Wotlk release.

I know Blizzard tries their best to avoid as many mistakes but this ranks pretty high up on my mistake list. If a hot fix is not available then I'd expect a patch within a week anyways to fix as much of the mistakes they passed over onto live.