Thread: 4.0.1 Destro

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.0.1 Destro

Let me get this right, Destro spec, http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#I0bZcZIrrcMbskdo:zoVb
    Standard Rotation with NO INCIN all searing pain at all percents, NOT just below 50%?

Also, is it worth refresing conflag/chaos/immolate/doom when possible right?

Sorry for newb questions, patch will hit in 40min and i want to just figure this all out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Destruction for 4.0.1:

Start off with full rotation: Soul Fire for buff, Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire Procs, Incinerate, Searing Pain below 50%
    Stare at Omen - how good is the tank? How high is he?
    Change your rotation to: Soul Fire for the buff, Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, Soul Fire Procs, Incineratex3 during Backdraft, Searing Pain
    Stare at Omen - Is your tank still keeping ahead of you? Does he/she know how Vengeance works, and how to maximize a threat rotation?
    Change your rotation to: Soul Fire for the buff, Immolate, Conflagrate, Soul Fire Procs, Searing Pain
    Stare at Omen - If your tank is a complete badass, you should be equal on aggro, and juducious useage of Soulshatter will give you breathing room.

R.I.P. YARG

Thanks a ton!

Also the Soulfire buff is only above 80% correct? then we will only use on proc?

I was thinking it'd be more like this:

Okay so I'm ignoring some of what EJ says, this will be the top DPS spec in a realistic raid environment.

http://wowtal.com/#k=RB8TVu3.a5o.warlock.-Hnonc

Priority is pretty complex actually.

If you have nobody else covering these buffs, start with CoE > Shadowbolt. Refresh Sbolt as needed.

Otherwise:

Start out with Soulburned Soul Fire.
    Soul Fire (over 80% w/o Buff)
    Immolate
    Bane of Doom (Bane of Havoc for cleave target)
    Conflagrate
    Empowered Imp Instant Soul Fire/Soulburned Soul Fire
    Chaos Bolt
    Corruption
    Shadowflame (If you can afford to be in melee range but if using Searing Pain it will be unlikely )
    Searing Pain (If under 50% and tank can take aggro)
    Incinerate (If over 50% or tank can't hold aggro)

If moving, Procced Soul Fire > Conflagrate (if available) > Corruption/LT (LT if needed ) > Shadowfury > Shadowburn.

Pop Infernal for Hero.

In fights with adds, make sure to Soulburn snipe to keep your shards topped up so you can carry on with instant Soulfires.
    I could be hideously wrong but thats what I'm thinking.

*Edit I was wrong, didn't notice the shared cooldown with Infernal/Doomguard and a couple of other tweaks.
    Last edited by Beelzebubs; 2010-10-12 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs View Post
    Pop Doomguard roughly a minute before Hero and save Infernal for Hero..
    I was under the impression that our Doomguard and Infernal shared the same cooldown so you would not be able to pop one before and during a lust.
    Last edited by Truth283; 2010-10-12 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth283 View Post

I was under the impression that our Doomguard and Infernal shared the same cooldown so you would not be able to pop one before and during a lust.
    yes

As I said, I could be wrong! Nothing of a shared cooldown was mentioned on the tooltips
    Last edited by Beelzebubs; 2010-10-12 at 09:26 PM.

Since it seems we're all taking 3/3 in the first tier talent that gives improved shadow bolt effect (5% inc crit for 30 seconds) . . . why aren't we starting off with shadow bolt and hitting it every 30 seconds to keep up the effect (like a mage uses scorch)?

That's what Demo Locks and Aff Locks are for

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Destruction for 4.0.1:

Stare at Omen - Is your tank still keeping ahead of you? Does he/she know how Vengeance works, and how to maximize a threat rotation?
    Change your rotation to: Soul Fire for the buff, Immolate, Conflagrate, Soul Fire Procs, Searing Pain
    Stare at Omen - If your tank is a complete badass, you should be equal on aggro, and juducious useage of Soulshatter will give you breathing room.
    unfortunately Vigilance doesnt do squat anymore....

I wonder if Life Tap procs the new vengeance effect, not looked at that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Since it seems we're all taking 3/3 in the first tier talent that gives improved shadow bolt effect (5% inc crit for 30 seconds) . . . why aren't we starting off with shadow bolt and hitting it every 30 seconds to keep up the effect (like a mage uses scorch)?
    You could use the Corruption glyph which gives you a 4% chance to get a instant shadowbolt.

---------- Post added 2010-10-12 at 09:36 PM ----------

welcome to the 10 men raid era
    Last edited by eb88; 2010-10-12 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    I was just putting together a spec myself but when i got to the glyphs i noticed that there isn't much of any use for destro locks (pve wise) in the major glyph department. What are you guys taking ?

Btw has the damage of Searing Pain become that good then ? I've seen a change for it come by but you guys seem rather excited by it

Here's a spec that I just sort of messed with for 85. Maybe? Maybe not? If anything would need to be changed it would be the splash to demo, granted that some people may want to go for jinx if they don't have an aff lock in their raid. Actually now that I think about it more, Shadowburn might be worth it. If you could get your soul shards from those "bigger" adds in a boss fight. More shards means more awesomeness.

http://wowtal.com/#k=eAx6evFz.a5o.warlock.
    Last edited by Neophite; 2010-10-12 at 10:07 PM.

I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Fireworx View Post
    I was just putting together a spec myself but when i got to the glyphs i noticed that there isn't much of any use for destro locks (pve wise) in the major glyph department. What are you guys taking ?
    Life Tap, Soul Link and Shadowflame or Healthstone. In Cataclysm, Glyph of Fear will be the obvious choice, but atm you won't use Fear in ICC/RS and it's quite useless.

I was looking at using http://wowtal.com/#k=CqyEV2W.a5o.warlock.qaT58Q as my spec/glyphs at 80, but I am plenty open to suggestions on how to change it, especially the glyphs.

Is corruption now part of the destro rotation? It hasn't been in a long time (except while moving, as has been pointed out), and I hadn't planned to add it back in.

Seriously though, I'm the only lock in my 10 man and we don't have a mage . . . should I be hitting shadow bolt to keep up the 5% crit debuff?

Deleted
    needs more suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Seriously though, I'm the only lock in my 10 man and we don't have a mage . . . should I be hitting shadow bolt to keep up the 5% crit debuff?
    Probably and you should add in CoE first as well for utility if needed.

Deleted
    Probably and you should add in CoE first as well for utility if needed.
    "But my DPS will go down!"

No, but seriously though, if you have any caster DPS in the raid in addition to yourself the combined benefit of CoE will be more than what you'd personally gain from using something else. I often see DPS refusing to use CoE because it doesn't seem to do much for themselves because they don't really care about the performance of the whole raid, only themselves, and such behaviour feels rather selfish to me.

As for the +5% crit debuff: when you think about it, you are losing one Incinerate/Searing Pain every 30 seconds but gaining 5% crit..it would seem like a rather good deal to me.