Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

When do we get a Third Faction?

It's time for a Third Faction. The Demons.

The Burning Legion
    There are enough Demon Classifications to have all you need for another Faction. The other side, where the Demons come from can be the starting zones, new worlds(dimensionS) You progress as a demon/class of your type. Infernals can progress up to abyssals, maybe their advancement is through Demon types instead of classes themselves, to give a whole "otherness" feel to the progression, which the mechanics are already built in to the game. Your character skin could change as you level through the types, or maybe the choice to progress as a Class type.

Classes available:
    Warriors
    Rogues
    Mages
    Warlocks
    Hunters
    DeathKnights (Much-maligned and removed "anti-paladins?"
    Priests

Races:
    Satyr
    Infernals
    Imps
    Succubi
    Felstalkers
    Felguards

I guess I just want the maintenance to be done. This has probably already been brought up.

This leads into "Too long, did not listen." comments below here from further pages, some read first and last.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacksauce View Post
    Why? That's my question to you
    It would be another expansion possible, If they can build new zones and revamp the world for an expansion, create outlands new races and classes for previous expansions, Why not? I forget what the dimension Demons come from is called, but why not an outland style set of zones for low level progression of your toon exists, Instances and zones that are enemy to Horde and alliance in outlands and azeroth are friendly to the Burning Legion. Yes, go through outlands killing Alliance and Horde, Most of the battlefields that are in contention there do not change or have story outcome, why can't the Burning Legion story outcome progress as well. I don't expect and "end" to the game, so why expect and endgame with the defeat of the Burning Legion. The Horde are Neutral as others have posted here, Now you get to play the bad guys.

I can imagine quests sending you to different locations in Azeroth/Outlands as a starter to Burning Legion footholds in those lands, carrying out questlines that Horde and Alliance are fighting against currently. I think it would be a blast to play out the infernal attacks on Horde and Alliance in Hellfire peninsula. With the new advancement in zones that Blizzard is using, your goal could be to flatten 3 buildings as an Infernal.

The framework exists, the armor skins exist, but a new set with demonic caste would be a nice alternative. The skins for all the demonic types and progressions exist as creature types from around azeroth and outlands. For class progressions, make em match what exists, or as new classes, talent trees can be either a demonic progression, or a class talent progression. Take points in being an Imp, or progress to being a Doomguard(example)

Page 4 comment
    I like the idea of being fledgling Satyr huntard with my Fel Stalker pet getting the quest to corrupt the Gnarlpine Furbolgs. Quest starter in the Demon homeland, You must go to Teldrassil and meet Zenn Foulhoof. Zenn is the starter for a questline to kill and corrupt the Gnarlpine Furbolg, as well as the starter for Zenn's bidding, and Webwood venom, etc. Using the new phased approach, this faction need never meet Alliance faction players during this starter phase. Questline completion leaves the Gnarlpine in the state that the Night Elves find them for their starter quests. There are examples of this possibility all over Azeroth and into Outlands and Northrend.

Possible, just as any other "new races" and storyline for alternative expansion yes. I agree with all of you who have said, probability is nil.
    Last edited by Grayblood; 2010-10-12 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll never see a third faction.

I am trying not to smash my face into eternity with my computer, and I will resist!

Because pasta for dinner yall!

In before nerd rage and multiple facepalms
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Never. Off the table. Bad OP. Down. *spritz*

Quote Originally Posted by Grayblood View Post
    anti-paladins
    Stopped reading here.

15+ Year Old Account
    It sounds okay in theory but with all the balancing issues it will be like trying to kill yourself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Everyone and their dog would make a Succubus character ...

when taurens can be rogues,forsaken can have palli's.
    when blood elves find all their lost men.
    when king wyrmm admits he dresses up like a female troll shaman and gets it on with orc's down at the local gay tavern in durotar.

I was hoping before cata was announced the next xpac would have third faction....nope...

In the high unlikelihood that this would happen, that third faction would definitely be designed so as to be capable of using all ten currently existing classes. Anything else would be even more of a balancing nightmare.

Third faction MAYBE, but demons (as a part of the Burning Legion) will never happen. How could you justify making a portion of the player base losing in every battle they fight. Not to mention the limitations that would put on new raids.

The day when my grandma at 87 starts playing wow and joins a competitive raiding guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Never. Off the table. Bad OP. Down. *spritz*
    lol spritz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion84 View Post
    Yes... yes we would.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a 3rd fraction that is neutral to both horde and alliance..meaning if I feel like raiding with that alliance one week and the horde the next I can

hmm
    unbalanced PvP

theyre own class.
    No druids, Shamans, priests, Paladins or DKs.

No healers =O

No place for them to live.

They're not represented anywhere. Sometimes alliance NPCs are neutral and vice versa (Brann bronzebeard, Tirion Fordring and Garrosh Hellscream)

No lore, compared to the amount all the other races has.

Loads of new content to make. new character skins, cities, many many zones (1-90), mounts.

And they would be terribly underpopuøated on every single server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badreligion View Post
    We'll never see a third faction.
    This.

/thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion84 View Post
    Booya!

Why? That's my question to you

The burning legion as a faction would be horrible. How would they get through outlands? Killing alliance and horde? Also it would make it impossible to finish off the Warcraft storyline.