Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I played enhancement on the ptr and I liked it. Didn't have any mana problems health pool is wonderful and I like the new glyph for shamanistic rage.

I was dueling and doing bg's and was doing great without enchants and gems but the lag was so bad on the ptr that I couldn't really enjoy it all.

Searing flame is going to suck so hard. I see what blizzard was thinking since we're going to be focused on single target damage a lot more in dungeons but the idea is flawed and once again after many complaints and suggestions blizz ignores us and enhancement will fail again on movement based fights with hard switches.

Oh and ghost wolf indoors was nice.

So yeah looks like I'll be doing arena as ele and everything else as enhancement.

Enhancement gets a 7 out of 10 like i said before shaman is always right on the cusp between bad and good as a class. Good just enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkenedPaladin View Post
    You don't need to regem in WotLK because we already have a TON of crit. Cata will probably revert back to agility for the AP scaling and crit which we will be losing alot of while leveling.
    If its true! Then yes im excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crewltail View Post
    It's not true. Haste is dropping really low on your stat list now. You should be gemming agi, making sure you are hit/expertise capped, and them reforging crit to mastery. You won't stay crit capped, and it'll be more dps than haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Crewltail View Post
    I didn't find this to be true at all. My damage tanked on a completely fresh copy. I went from doing 7k on a dummy in my decent gear on live to doing 5.5k on the PTR with haste gems. Switching to AGI gems bumped me up to 7.8k, then reforging crit and haste on gear (highest rating on each piece gets reforged) to mastery bumped it up to 8.3k. Haste has been devalued quite a bit. When Blizzard announced that shamans would benefit more from haste (along with a couple others) is when haste became awesome. That's gone in 4.0.1, so haste is just meh at this point. My 2 copper, your mileage may vary, etc.

Im very excited to switch to elemental...enh had a good 3 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpissah View Post
    I didn't find this to be true at all. My damage tanked on a completely fresh copy. I went from doing 7k on a dummy in my decent gear on live to doing 5.5k on the PTR with haste gems. Switching to AGI gems bumped me up to 7.8k, then reforging crit and haste on gear (highest rating on each piece gets reforged) to mastery bumped it up to 8.3k. Haste has been devalued quite a bit. When Blizzard announced that shamans would benefit more from haste (along with a couple others) is when haste became awesome. That's gone in 4.0.1, so haste is just meh at this point. My 2 copper, your mileage may vary, etc.
    :-(

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    are we meant to be reforging the highest stat out of crit or haste? or is it just crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Iralevitas View Post
    they fixed that, it now prefers targets with your earth shock OR flame shock debuff
    tried it the other day on the ptr and it was not doing so. in a random heroic it was still targeting a random target despite the fact that i had flameshock or earthshock on the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephyllia View Post
    That is what I thought, but what about the Searing vs Magma debate? I have yet to see any dps increase, I actually went to 1m damage on the dummy with searing and ended with 9.7K DPS; as maga 9.8, so it was roughly the same. Still with Haste gems, etc, no changes except talents.
    Well this is still with the haste gems. So we are doing more dps with agi gems? 10k dmg self buff on dummy is nice i guess.

I'M EXCITED, BUT AM STILL A LITTLE UNSURE ABOUT OUR TALENTS/GLYPHS

Is this what we're after? I left 1 point free for acuity/concussion, and the Major spot free for either Totemic Recall, Shamanistic Rage, or Ghost Wolf, or even Grounding Totem. OR HEX!

http://wowtal.com/#k=2GLxQuql.a5o.shaman.-RzvqS
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugumbo View Post
    are we meant to be reforging the highest stat out of crit or haste? or is it just crit?
    1. reforge excess hit (anything over spell hit cap for bosses) into expertise if not expertise capped
    2. gem for agility
    3. reforge any gear's highest secondary stat not already reforged into mastery

I, personally, am very very VERY excited to be an Enh sham in 4.0. After spending a few weeks on the PTR, i really fail to see what all the QQ is about. After some small reforging (mainly to get hit and exp capped, but i forgot to switch crit/haste to mastery) and switching out all my Quick gems for Delicates, i was pulling atleast 8k dps on the boss training dummy. I don't go OOM anymore, Searing Totem is my new best single target friend (still use Magma totem for mobs, duh) and Lava lash is now usefull! 17k avg-22k crit hits at 5 stacks from my lil buddy
    Seriously, whats not to like? Granted, i copied my toon over, i didn't use a crappy premade, so i had an advantage for testing purposes on the PTR, but neyh. What is there to scoff at, really?
    Last edited by SpaceCadet; 2010-10-13 at 12:15 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks

Yes... I am excited to see ppl die in 1 shot with a 2hander weapon. I will just imbue with flametongue and survive duels until 5 stacks are put on target and then KABOOM 1 shot the little pala/lock/rogue/feral drod/any target i have DDDDDD for my dark amusement(you did realize I was trollin' you cannot use lavalash with main hand).

I hope the windfury is scalling normally now and i can have the fun palas had when divine storm was holy dmg .... I smell vanilla king days again(2hander 4 eva)
    Last edited by mosene; 2010-10-13 at 05:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mosene View Post
    Yes... I am excited to see ppl die in 1 shot with a 2hander weapon. I will just imbue with flametongue and survive duels until 5 stacks are put on target and then KABOOM 1 shot the little pala/lock/rogue/feral drod/any target i have DDDDDD for my dark amusement(you did realize I was trollin' you cannot use lavalash with main hand).

I hope the windfury is scalling normally now and i can have the fun palas had when divine storm was holy dmg .... I smell vanilla king days again(2hander 4 eva)
    Too bad you cant use Lava Lash with a 2-hander, otherwise a nice plan (not).

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Glyph

* Lava Lash now Increases the damage dealt by your Lava Lash ability by 20% and no longer requires your weapon to be enchanted with Flametongue.
    * Stormstrike now increases the Nature damage bonus of Stormstrike by an additional 10%, up from 8%.
    windfurry on both weapons? omg!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    I excited about going elemental Although its a waste of all my enh gear tbh.
    Exactly the same for me.

I have pretty decent Enh gear and only very average ele gear.

Also the name of my char - FreddyKrugar - wont suit ele specced sham
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

enha should be awesome. it's super on beta, but that's at 85... :> interesting to see the numbertweak at 80 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Kinda. I'm excited about the mobility issues being fixed at long last. I'm excited that our DPS is a lot closer to other melee. I'm not excited about Searing Totem's idiotic AI, the clunky Lava Lash mechanic, or a Stormstrike glyph that now does literally nothing because they forgot to change it.
    what do u mean that they forgot to change the Stormstrike glyph?

15+ Year Old Account
    The Stormstrike tooltip is bugged. It actualyl increases CRIT by a further 10% not, the Nature damage bonus. This IS working correctly and makes the Glyph most tasty.

Oh and anyone thinking you don't need to re-gem/Haste is still viable is deluded. Agility is worth more than double the next stat (after hit/exp caps). It's been posted 100 times in various threads but:

1) Regem to AGI over everything else.
    2) Reforge Crit/Haste to meet Hit (446) and Exp (138 or 116 for Orcs with Axes) caps.
    3) Reforge excess Hit/Crit/Haste into Mastery.
    Last edited by Lylz; 2010-10-13 at 09:05 AM.