Infernal v. Doomguard

I was under the impression
    Infernal = AoE Damage boost
    Doomguard = Single Target Damage boost.

Is this correct?

That's general consensus, yeah. There's quite a few bosses with adds though, so the relative worth of either might vary considerably.

Personally even in cases of add switching I might go with the Doomguard just because, slapping BoA on a mob to make your pet attack it would, for the infernal, lead to him running across the boss' room, whereas the Doomguard would just start lobbing Shadow Bolts at the new target from his turret position next to you. There'd have to be a lot of adds IMO to justify using the Infernal, and his STDPS would have to be really close to the Doomguard's to compensate.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

does anyone have actual numbers on these guys from PTR?

because on beta a few months back, infernal was doing more single target DPS then Doomgaurd(unintended of course). i just want to know if that has been corrected.

I just tried them on the training dummy on beta and they did pretty much exactly the same damage to a single target.

Deleted
    What testing I did on PTR Doomguard indeed is better for single-target fights, but their DPS difference is surprisingly low and thus if there's even just one add I'd go with Infernal instead. If there's more than one add then Infernal trumps anything hands down, it's just really powerful when it comes to AoE. Besides, it looks cooler! :3