Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I agree with Myzou.

I quit Wow soon after Wotlk came out. The graphics were a nice upgrade in Wotlk but the game will never been the same for me due to the "casual" player philosophy Blizz. have taken..

I have re-activated my acct with the hope of finding something in Cata. that will keep me interested.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrive View Post
    While I am aware that the Shattering wont be till 4.0.3, its the number that really hit me. 3.3-4.0 A fresh start, a new beginning a new chance for everything.
    I've answered like that when I said yesterday "X hours left in Wrath of the Lich King" and people said "dude, stop trolling. it's just the systems patch tomorrow."

When blizz was releasing patches for Vanilla they were tagged 1.X.X, BC was 2, Wrath was 3, Cataclysm is 4.
    The fact that this is patch 4.0.1 means we have moved out of Wrath of the Lich King and into Cataclysm.

And as for easymode. Cataclysm changes that. You will wipe on 85 trash more than you do bosses. People call them "5-man raids" even.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2010-10-13 at 12:08 AM. Reason: info on 85 instances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I've answered like that when I said yesterday "X hours left in Wrath of the Lich King" and people said "dude, stop trolling. it's just the systems patch tomorrow."

When blizz was releasing patches for Vanilla they were tagged 1.X.X, BC was 2, Wrath was 3, Cataclysm is 4.
    The fact that this is patch 4.0.1 means we have moved out of Wrath of the Lich King and into Cataclysm.
    Someone sees my way of thinking.

My brother and I had never been really big on raiding or made it to the upper crust of pvp, but when we heard about Death Knights, we both got pretty stoked and were nostalgic for the Shadow Knight class for the first Everquest. We were determined to wreak havoc with two Death Knights as we explore Northrend, but we wanted to try and get something more out of it.

We decided that server first level 80 Death Knights (yes, both of us) was the way to go. We busted our asses and lived probably the most disgusting, showerless, burger king and amp fueled week of our lives but we both got our achievement. We dinged within sixty seconds of eachother so we both got the server first 80 DK title which was really awesome. We ended up being so burned out on our DKs that after a week in Naxx, we shelved the DKs and didn't really touch them anymore. We still hop on them every now and then to goof off. But the most enjoyment we got out of them was those first few days as Outlands went by in a blur and stepping foot in Northrend ahead of so many others. Some zones were so empty, it was pretty surreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely worthy of discussion.

The first trek into Northrend and fighting off all of the hostile creatures, stepping into Ulduar, an ancient prison to an ancient and terrible being. Fighting the Twilight's Hammer on the way down to the Descent into Madness and seeing how evil the being inside was.

Finally, facing the Lich King and defeating him thus delivering salvation to Azeroth.

Definitely an epic journey, it will be sorely missed. That said, I'm very much looking forward to the cataclysm.
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

for me it would have to be a toss up between the first time stepping foot into Ulduar and Sara turning into Yoggy. I meean Ulduar is just WOW and Sara's voice blending into Yoggs was amazing to hear along with him popping up out of the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I didn't find Wrath all that interesting. I miss Vanilla, and I still love BC, but Wrath as the best expansion ever? Nah.

Every expansion that comes out does something terrible to Azeroth in some way, shape, or form. Cata's obviously the biggest change, but it destroys a lot of good memories.

Only reason I really enjoyed Wrath is it made my 60 twinks that just much better for raiding. No, cata (or essentially this patch) has killed 60 twinks. I'm really losing my reason to play every time they make an expansion lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I stopped reading right there.

I have no nostalgia for WotLK. I have nostalgia of Vanilla, and the first few months of BC. >_>
    Well of course you do.

It's hard to be nostalgic about something that occured yesterday, after all.

If you start to think about it though, you will realize that Vanilla was absolute shit, TBC was a step in the right direction and Wotlk took a lot of steps to ensure that we're playing a better game.

Within a year or two, people will have fond memories of Wotlk aswell. I certainly do already, whereas my Vanilla and TBC memories are those of blandness and hours of being so bored.

Thank you Wotlk, for making the game fun to play for shorter stints, like any videogame should.

I started about 2 years ago, a month before wrath came out, I was very excited when i got my DK to 80, did heroics, and got into naxx, then i really did not raid so much, maybe the occasional FL, then ToC, then up to ICC, I never finished ICC, and i now do not have the chance to finish it with WotLK spells, these are the thing's i will miss, wrath raids, i just liked the feel of a unholy Knight seeking revenge on the person who made him like that, and I'll miss the old world too, I had a good time in it, But hopefully Cata will be better than WotLK, I'm up for a challange.

As much as I had problems with Wrath of the Lich King there was quite a bit I did enjoy as well.

1. For starters, entering Northrend for the first time was FAR more breathtaking than steeping foot through the Dark Portal. Both Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra had some great scenery and the quest lines were also FAR more enjoyable, diverse, and fluid than they were in Hellfire Penninsula. As such, I'll remember my first few days on the new continent fondly.

2. I'll also fondly remember Dragonblight, the great lore, the Wrathgate and the Battle for Undercity. That zone probably stands as one of my all time favorite in terms of story, quests, and atmosphere. I loved it.

3. My first time in the Nexus and to a lesser extent Utgarde Keep (though approaching the instance was incredible considering the design of the building and surrounding area) was also jaw dropping. Both completely trumped Hellfire Ramparts in terms of visuals and atmosphere.

4. I'll also look back on Malygos with both joy and disappointment in how it managed to be my favorite raid of Tier 7 yet simultaneously missed out on a phenomenal chance to make Maly and his Nexus War much grandeur than it turned out being.

5. Ulduar of course was the bread and butter of the expansion. It was hands down my favorite patch for raiding and interestingly enough included the ONLY Vault of Archavon encounter which was even remotely challenging in Emmalon.

6. Wintergrasp was another fun excursion this expansion. I had numerous fond experience, be they wins or losses, with friends and acquaintances from other guilds as we battled for the zone. I personally enjoyed the mix of standard pvp with siege warfar as we either defended or attacked a massive keep. I went all out with Wintergrasp and got my Master of Wintergrasp achievement not to long ago. Can't wait for Tol Barad now!

7. Finally, I'll miss my first 5 months in ICC when it was still fresh, exciting, and my guild was moving through it while having fun. However, as its now been nearly 10 months total with that single place... I can honestly say I look forward to leaving it behind. I sincerely hope the last raid of Cataclysm is not a 10+ month stay before something new. Not to mention I will fondly remember how blown away I was by the ICC 5-mans. They were fluid and wicked with an immersive story. Easily the best of the 5-mans as far as I'm concerned and I sincerely hope the Cata dungeons follow this level of quality.

And yes, Ruby Sanctum was a fun little side thing for a couple of weeks but I mean come on... 4 achievements total, no fun rewards, kinda decent items, and yeah... it was short. HOWEVER, it was certainly challenging and I did have fun with it for about a month.

Overall, with all of its problems from the messy emblems system, to the massive overgearing and constant gear resets, etc etc etc; WotLK wasn't THAT bad.
    Last edited by Nesingwary-Eliada; 2010-10-13 at 12:26 AM.

Deleted
    Ah, delighted to see a thread attempting to draw positive feelings from us, for once.

What I'll miss the most about WotLK is the introductory bit of the expansion, with questing in Howling Fjord, Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, and Grizzly Hills. I really enjoyed that Norse feel to it they captured pretty darn well, and I'm saying that as a Swede. The vague hint of a flute playing in the background of the Vrykul villages, the pine tree forests, the mushrooms and mossy stones, the mist climbing the frozen hills. Ah, loved it.

Rest of WotLK was 'meh' for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not miss the AoE fest trash pulls. Nor will I miss the spammy spam healing style. I been healing on my priest since early BC and I used to watch my friend play a resto druid in vanilla before he finally got me to try the game. The strategy of healing is part of the fun of it. The only thing that kept me healing in wrath was probably my competitive nature and always trying to set new parse records on WoL.

As far as the lore and excitement of wrath though, I would say I will defiantly remember it fondly. Let us not forget that this expac was the one where blizzard realized that questing could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
    Finally, facing the Lich King and defeating him thus delivering salvation to Azeroth.
    Until December 7th that is =P.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Until December 7th that is =P.
    Not even. I'm expecting The Shattering around mid november.

Ulduar. Walking into that place was awesome. In a way it reminded me of first walking into TK, Black Temple, or even Molten Core when I first raided there.

Arthas/LK. I have played Warcraft since the first game and World of Warcraft for nearly 5 years. I always looked forward to facing Arthas/LK and this was the expansion for it. When we first downed him was an awesome experience.

The DK starting zone/experience. I really don't like playing my 80 DK any more but that was a fun event.

I was glad to see Naxx....never made it there in vanilla. Yes it was easy but I experienced the event long ago and never got to see Kel'Thuzad so that was awesome.

The Wrathgate event was cool.

I enjoyed most of the zones and the lore of Northrend. Aside from that, it's hard to look back and say what I'll miss before it's behind me. I have fond memories and some not so much from both vanilla and TBC but I dont think I really missed them before they were gone. This is the first xpack I've gotten to see all the content in the game in though. In vanila I didnt get to finish Naxx or AQ40 and in TBC I didnt finish Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    As much as I had problems with Wrath of the Lich King there was quite a bit I did enjoy as well.

1. For starters, entering Northrend for the first time was FAR more breathtaking than steeping foot through the Dark Portal.
    I love the rest of your post, but stepping into Outland was a lot more epic.

Giant Portal at the end of a shattered realm? Epic.
    Armies of Demons fighting at the foot of the stairs, almost gaining access to the portals? Epic.
    The desert wasteland was very very very very very very very awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its wotlk, theres nothing to miss.

Uh... hrrrm. Well, I liked the Dungeon Finder.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    My favorite moment had to be Ulduar. Arguably the best designed instance for the whole expansion.

Though I must admit, the gunship battle wins for best singular fight.
    There is no arguement. Ulduar was the best. Sartharion and Malygos were good too, but Ulduar was amazing