Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Zul'Gurub Raid solution?

Hey Mmo-champions,

As some of you may have read, the zul'Gurub raid instance will be removed come cataclysm. This is because Blizzard wants to adjust Azeroth and due to this, will have to remove Zul'gurub for some particulair reason.
    Maybe its an idea for Blizzard to add an npc to the caverns of time, who can Portal you ( back into time ) and still let you do the Old world Zul'Gurub raid(20 man, level 60)
    And with this blizzard will be capible of making room for new dungeons in the actual world, like making upgraded versions of dungeons for higher level for example but with a new story or just open world quest hubs.

I think alot of people will be missing Zul'Gurub, and its a loss for blizzard to throw the entire dungeon away in its current state ( although they could remove the mounts to drop for example, I like those minor feats that are only exposed to people who have played for a longer period of time.)

What do you guys think?

(Forgive me if it sounds all bad, Im not attending for 100%)
    Last edited by mmoc54fa1617a5; 2010-10-13 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maîhden View Post
    Hey Mmo-champions,

As some of you may have read, the zul'Gurub raid instance will be removed come cataclysm. This is because Blizzard wants to adjust Azeroth and due to this, will have to remove Zul'gurub for some particulair reason.
    Maybe its an idea for Blizzard to add an npc to the caverns of time, who can Portal you ( back into time ) and still let you do the Old world Zul'Gurub raid(20 man, level 60)
    And with this blizzard will be capible of making room for new dungeons in the actual world, like making upgraded versions of dungeons for higher level for example but with a new story or just open world quest hubs.

I think alot of people will be missing Zul'Gurub, and its a loss for blizzard to throw the entire dungeon away in its current state ( although they could remove the mounts to drop for example, I like those minor feats that are only exposed to people who have played for a longer period of time.)

What do you guys think?

(Forgive me if it sounds all bad, Im under influence of thc)
    Remove the mounts but Keep ZG?, yeah, great idea, the only reason people like ZG ATM is the mounts.

Also, Drugs are not cool kids!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the mounts in and we have a deal..also keep polymorph turtle
    Quitting WoW is harder than you think.

Deleted
    Aside from the mounts, do you approve of the idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Infringement View Post
    Remove the mounts but Keep ZG?, yeah, great idea, the only reason people like ZG ATM is the mounts.

Also, Drugs are not cool kids!
    That's wrong, i have my kitty mount i just go there for the tome now :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    It's old content - people don't do old content for other than mounts, pets, achievements or some stray item they've always liked.

Besides, the Caverns of Time instances all chronicle some sort of historic event within WoW.

I don't think what went on inside ZG had any signifigant worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    It's old content - people don't do old content for other than mounts, pets, achievements or some stray item they've always liked.

Besides, the Caverns of Time instances all chronicle some sort of historic event within WoW.

I don't think what went on inside ZG had any signifigant worth.
    We stopped Hakkar from devouring the blood of all mortal creatures, that's not signifi'c'ant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

ZG was a fun raid but it's too easy now even with WOTLK gear but with Cata gear it will just be lol'd through in about 5 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    We stopped Hakkar from devouring the blood of all mortal creatures, that's not signifi'c'ant?
    When you put it like that, perhaps most raids oughta be a CoT instance, since both C'thun and Yogg'Saron was on the verge of wreaking havoc and probably would've done so hadn't players intervened.

The point I was making was, that the Hakkar deal is not a historical or signifigant event by Warcrafts standards. Most people seem to remember ZG for the fact that it had a tiger and a raptor, not a big, fat God who wanted to open up a can of worms on the world.

Deleted
    I like Ixuzcc his feedback, but The Direction I tried to steer it to was. To make an npc who portals you there, with no big thing around it. Just keep it in by giving an npc a function to teleport people to there

Deleted
    I like Ixuzcc his feedback, but The Direction I tried to steer it to was. To make an npc who portals you there, with no big thing around it. Just keep it in by giving an npc a function to teleport people to there
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, per se. Hell, any idea that introduces - or in this case, keeps - content is a good one.

I have 3 lvl 60 twinks. There are not enough of us on my server for a full 60-only raid, but I still enjoy doing old raids on them. I feel that without ZG and not even Naxx, and I think I heard something about AQ20 being updated, they are slowly removing all the raid content I enjoyed on my twinks
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

Well now that Ony, Naxx ZG & AQ20 are all going to have been removed, you have AQ40, BWL & MC for 60 raids. Kinda sparse. I'd hope for a CoT-styled version fr at the least Naxx60 & Ony60, since they were both 40-mans, and Blizz hasn't done anything major to 40-mans (other than making the guild group thing scale off of 10 or 25 I think). Blizz is getting rid of ZG & AQ20 because they are 20-man raids, and are the only two, whereas AQ40, BWL & MC (as well as Ony60 & Naxx60) are or were all 40-mans.

60 to me seems like the most horrible to try and twink out, since the T3 gear from Naxx was never reorganized to another Raid to drop, while Ony's gear drops in BWL & MC.

Hey Mmo-champions,

What do you guys think?

(Forgive me if it sounds all bad, Im not attending for 100%)
    People only do it for the mounts. No one could really care about the raid content. And don't be a tool. It's people like you that give stoners a bad name.

AQ20 isn't being removed, it's just being converted into AQ10.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the old world changes is the advancement of Azeroth's story. Hakkar and his potato head Troll followers have been defeated long ago, therefore, time for the raid to make its exit from the game.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard really never gave a reason for removing ZG as a raid. Apparently it is used for some quests in the new STV but they could've just made a phased version of it like they did for Sunwell Plateau for the Quel'Delar quest line... AQ 20 is still around but reduced to a 10 person limit and yet there is going to be a full outdoor version of it... If they didn't want to make a phased version of ZG then they could've just made it so a special taxi mount took you over the portal into the outdoor version of it that has been there since before the raid was released... I would love to hear Blizzard's reasoning behind removing it because I seriously doubt it makes much sense...

And then there's the fact that some people have been farming for the mounts for months or even years and have had no luck while others that have been in there only a couple times have gotten one or both of them. Blizzard is letting RNG screw over the truely dedicated people by imposing this time limit on them and they really should either greatly increase the drop rate for the mounts for the few weeks up til the patch or they should put them on the Zandalar vendor and require exalted to purchase for a few thousand gold or so...

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    The whole point of the old world changes is the advancement of Azeroth's story. Hakkar and his potato head Troll followers have been defeated long ago, therefore, time for the raid to make its exit from the game.
    That doesn't make sense though... If that was the case then they should remove AQ altogether since it's bosses are all dead in the lore and the rest of the raids as well since all of their main bosses are reappearing in Cata in new raids... in fact a lot of the old dungeons are staying the same despite all the changes to the outdoor zones...

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbones View Post
    ZG was a fun raid but it's too easy now even with WOTLK gear but with Cata gear it will just be lol'd through in about 5 minutes.
    Just like all the other raids and dungeons but they aren't being removed... just the one with the farmable mounts which Blizzard has already said they are fine with max level players farming old content for mounts, hence why most of the WotLK achievement mounts are staying in as are the BC and Vanilla ones except for the ZG ones...
    Last edited by ScorchHellfire; 2010-10-21 at 12:27 PM.

why would people in level 60 want to go to any kind of raiding when they got 15 levels to do? and what would be the reason to keep it? its known that all caverns of time stuff (nearly) is because either the Infinite Dragonflight will destroy time and you need to stop them, or there is a problem where you need to help. without the mounts, no one would give a shit to go back, using Caverns of Time as excuse for keeping that is not a good at all.

like someone said, we defeated the dungeon 25 levels ago so there is no reason for it to be there. With Deathwing destroying the world as he is it makes even more sense for what they are doing with making it a quest hub.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't make sense though... If that was the case then they should remove AQ altogether since it's bosses are all dead in the lore and the rest of the raids as well since all of their main bosses are reappearing in Cata in new raids... in fact a lot of the old dungeons are staying the same despite all the changes to the outdoor zones...[COLOR="red"]

Well the only thing I can think of is STV is a zone being changed a great deal in Cata, while Silithus is basically unphased by it. The programmers obviously felt with the new dynamic of the zone, it was time for Zul Gurub to go. As someone in this thread said already, the only reason anybody goes into ZG anymore is for the mounts, while quite a few guilds still run AQ.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?