Thread: Updater issue

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Updater issue

Ok, I have all of the pre-patches installed, and am on a relatively good computer, however the updater has been running...for about five and a half hours, now I know these can take a while, but it's been running since around 3 P.M. EST (it's 8:30 P.M. EST atm) and is only at 74%
    any help would be much appreciated,
    ~Symbol
    P.S. so far the only thing i have done to try to speed up the updater was to change it to high priority in the task manager.
    If friendship is magic, does that mean science is factionalism?

10+ Year Old Account
    run it as administrator. see how it does. Put it through windows firewall. ect. maybe it'll help

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Deleted
    mind explaining how to do that Zelerena? =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, pleas explain zele, I gave the updater full access in computer & firewall, but has still barley moved. Mainly, just confused about how to make it run as administrator, thanks for the help

Same issue, thought I was the only one. Running as admin too, repair said nothing to repair. I let it run while I was away for a bit over 6 hours and it was still at 49% from when I left it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do know that the first part of the Updater will take long time since it will update each and every file which basicly will be like reinstalling the game. It will also add the world changes that will come with The Shattering in patch 4.0.3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    It will also add the world changes that will come with The Shattering in patch 4.0.3
    Ahhh that, I did not know. I thought the only things being updated were spell files, and some models, thanks for the heads up. Still it seems that it is taking an unnaturally long time.
    Also, because it's adding the 4.0.3 world changes (I think it's 4.0.3 at least) does this mean that the updates for 4.0.3 will be relatively quick?
    Last edited by symbol12; 2010-10-13 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added

I've had problems with the Blizz Downloader for months. Usually with downloads online, I get a steady 350 Kbps for the whole duration, but with Blizz, it's always been much more spikey. It gets up to around 350, but often immediately goes down to around 100 and hover there for awhile. No idea if others have been having the same issue or if its just some issue with my ISP, but it's certainly getting annoying...

EDIT: My bad, was talking about the Downloader. I did just start the update though and it's only at 22% after like half an hour.
    Last edited by Bonham; 2010-10-13 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You do know that the first part of the Updater will take long time since it will update each and every file which basicly will be like reinstalling the game. It will also add the world changes that will come with The Shattering in patch 4.0.3
    Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that. I thought it was just new spells, talents, interface, etc. It's been six hours for me, how long did it take you? My friends say 30 mins to an hour. :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that. I thought it was just new spells, talents, interface, etc. It's been six hours for me, how long did it take you? My friends say 30 mins to an hour. :|
    It took me around 40 minutes, but I got a quick computer Also after the Updater has run the new Streaming Launcher will activate and then download/install a 1 GB patch

Deleted
    my updater doesnt seem to want to start keeps saying "Unable to initialize streaming. Please check your Internet connection. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (CreateStreamingManifest::Execute)"
    any ideas/help would be appreciated =)