Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    but what is 66% of 400?
    it's only 133% more damage compared to WotLK
    so about doubled (and a bit) in power
    that's what i am saying. it still sees an increasement which is OK and it's not like you can't avoid melee classes with all the extra feature we got.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphys View Post
    Except it can be talented/glyphed down to only 5 seconds of downtime. A skill which stops melee hitting you except for 5 seconds twice a minute is OP.

"Stop attacking them" isn't an option for a melee. They can't range attack. Not attacking while it's up (in your words - the only thing to do unless you're "stupid") is no different for a melee attacker than if a pally had a bubble that lasted 25 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. You'd be complaining too.
    true, although, we're forgetting one thing...
    all melee classes can self heal now :P
    apparrently rogues heal for 5k per tick...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    true, although, we're forgetting one thing...
    all melee classes can self heal now :P
    apparrently rogues heal for 5k per tick...
    Which only further disproves your "people who keep attacking are idiots". They need to keep attacking, its the only way to go. Unfortunately, rogue self heals mean sacrificing a lot of DPS and virtually all your combo moves that are actually used to take down another character.

Ie, with Thorns in its previous state, a druid could stand there with thorns and occasionally pop a heal on himself and no matter what a rogue did, he wouldn't be able to kill him. (Too much damage incoming, and self-heals use up all your offensive combos, meaning they're white-damaging and using combo-building abilities which don't deal that much damage on their own, which the druid's rejuv's are easily mitigating). I'm not saying it should be easy for rogues to kill druids (I don't even play a rogue). Just saying it shouldn't be tremendously difficult.

This way, at least both players have a fighting chance instead of a stalemate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

I like these changes, means I can avoid all those icky mana talents for a bit Also means Moonfire is crazy awesome now.

I was wondering why I my rotation lasted so much longer compared to how it was on Beta... It definitely helped!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo they could have changed thorns to last 5 seconds instead of reducing the damage.
    I would appreciate a button which would force melee off you for a few seconds.

5 seconds would be enough to 30k his face!
    Balance... that's what the spec is called yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a Balance Druid, but shouldn't people be angry that they nerfed Starfire by shortening the cast time (and thereby the spellpower coeff?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prison_break View Post
    * Thorns damage reduced by 66%, now deals [ 16.8% of Spell Power + 178.58 ] or [ 16.8% of AP + 178.58 ] depending on the highest.
    This is realy intresting......

becase as thorns is now it cannot be cast in bear or cat form and we only have about 600 AP in elf form. so iets either meant to scale pathaticly on AP or it will work in bear / cat...
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphys View Post
    Except it can be talented/glyphed down to only 5 seconds of downtime. A skill which stops melee hitting you except for 5 seconds twice a minute is OP.

"Stop attacking them" isn't an option for a melee. They can't range attack. Not attacking while it's up (in your words - the only thing to do unless you're "stupid") is no different for a melee attacker than if a pally had a bubble that lasted 25 seconds with a 30 second cooldown. You'd be complaining too.
    PvP isen't balanced around 1v1... it can be spellstolen, the moonkin can be cced it can be purged... it's not impossible to get off... and with another healer it's not that hard to pop a cd and just nuke us anyway... i agree that when we had solar eclipse it did a tad too much dmg.. but otherwise it was fine.. remove the glyph and the solareclipse affiliation and it would be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

imo new glyph of thorns:
    increases damage by 100% (back to how it was) but reduces duration by 50% (so 10 sec every 45 sec) considering it requires a glyph, i think that's decent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    The ap part is bullshit as well.. seeing as you can only cast it in casterform, and since there's no str/ap on feral gear, and caster form doesn't get ap from agi, you will have like 500 ap max.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The ap part is bullshit as well.. seeing as you can only cast it in casterform, and since there's no str/ap on feral gear, and caster form doesn't get ap from agi, you will have like 500 ap max.
    i got 629 on beta but, the factthat it scales of AP might mean they want it to work in feral forms
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I just realized, to get the same damage out of thorns that you get now, an enemy needs to hit you 3 times, so I guess that it isn't that bad, and it still seems to be designed to screw rogues :P

first they said every CC cast time will be 2 seconds
    * Cyclone now has a 1.7 sec cast time, down from 2 sec.
    + haste ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    I'm not the best at math (i'm the worst, really) but doesn't that mean that Thorns would now hit for around 133% of what they did before the 400% buff?
    That would be 266% (100% * 4 * 2/3 = 266%) of what it did before, or 166% more damage.

nerf armor + thorns =moonkins become very vulnerable to any melee class . Thx you blizzard , we are feeling your love <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    I'm not a Balance Druid, but shouldn't people be angry that they nerfed Starfire by shortening the cast time (and thereby the spellpower coeff?)
    The spellpower coeff hit isn't going to be that much, considering how much quicker we'll cast it. It'll allow us to swing from Eclipse to Eclipse faster which is an overall DPS increase. I believe Starfire was the only spell at 3.5 seconds (besides like, pyro)
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    While a single cast might do less damage, over time it adds up to the same. For example, a 1.5s cast spell has half the spell power coefficient of a 3.0s cast spell. But because you can cast the 1.5s cast spell twice in the same timespan, you end up with the same amount of damage added by spell power over the 3 seconds.

The only 'nerf' to Starfire would have been that the shortened cast time slightly reduced the damage per mana, were it not that they also reduced the mana cost.

15+ Year Old Account
    EIther way, we're getting a huge DPS increase with Moonfury including Starsurge.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 11:55 AM ----------

Doing the new Thorns calculation, my thorns will still hit for like 800. If I did it with my DFO proc'd and such, it'd hit for over 1k. That's before Solar Eclipse. It's still a decent amount of damage.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Uhaneole View Post
    /agree
    thats the funniest part going up against melee in general now
    Yeah, even with the nerf to thorns, 2.3k damage a hit at 80 was imba... at least now ferals have good use for it too.

Oh and im not sure how well your sig will work out, its running off of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.