Anyone else just feeling lost with this patch?

I took a 2 month break from wow, and I was certainly not expecting this update so soon. My two mains are a hunter and a paladin, and with the new trees and the loss of mana on hunters I'm just a little depressed by the fact that I may have to completely relearn my classes.

That's not that I'm saying the changes won't be awesome, they probably will. But I'm scrambling to research this stuff while this new patch installs. I probably won't be tanking anything for a while, simply because I'm worried any spec I pick will leave me flailing to grab aggro.

Anyone else feel like a newbie again for the first time in years?

Deleted
    The changes are not that drastic imo. Also there are plenty of guides that were made in during the ptr to get you up to speed very quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I haven't played in like a month and only kept up with my shaman. I'm going to be completely screwed for a week or two on my other guys.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Can you recommend one for pallies? I know hunter's union has some great stuff I'm trying to blaze through, but without stickies on the official pally forums I'm pretty much lost.

Don't worry, everyone has to relearn something.

My suggestion is to wait until you're in-game (but you can do it now), and go to your trainer (or use wowhead) and train all your new skills. Then, empty all of your action bars, and one by one, read through all of your skills and place them on your bars.

Once you're done with that, open your talent trees, read the summaries, the primary abilities, all the talents, and pick what you want to specialize in. There's so little room for error with the new trees that it'll be hard to screw up, provided you pick the right tree for the right role. Once you're done with that, bring your new abilities onto your bars and go find a training dummy to smack around and learn your rotation by doing and testing. I suggest using the Exodar or Darnassus, (Silvermoon or Undercity), because the others will either be super crowded or regularly attacked by elementals.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Deleted
    You could just check the paladin section on this forum. It has plenty info on builds and the changes.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. This whole new talents thing has thrown me for a loop lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Will take a little while to get adjusted to all the new changes, atleast for those of us who actively play more than 1 class :P
    But I am kinda used to it after 5 years.

i dont rly like it, maybe since its the lag and i cant rly do what i need to atm, but i dont rly like my pally atm, guess my lvl 42 druid is going to get all my attention

also: i just started playing again, quit back in May, just reactivated my account on Friday, i am very lost
    Last edited by bak00777; 2010-10-13 at 01:50 AM. Reason: added some things

Derailed the Cereal Thread

I'm super excited ! This was getting really boring. 10 months of ICC... Really... Now we have brand new talents'nstuff, will give us something fresh to play with, cant wait !

I came back a month ago, and was just figuring things back out.

I hopped on my elemental shaman, and honestly, it's easy to figure out. XD My Warlock was EASIER than it's ever been, honestly. 2800 single target DPS at 71 without using Doomguard or Infernal = O_O.

Dreading some of my other toons though. I could do without the tremendous lag, and the lack of addons.

elitist jerks is helpful

Also ,google "Paladin <spec> talent" and you should come up with a couple things. I learned the basics on tanking as a paladin on Wow.com