Maghia's Misguided Quill?

Ok since we are losing all the hit talents and the hit debuffs on boss fights going away i was thinking to take this trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=50357
    justice points are not a concern since i am way above cap.
    the trinkets i have now are
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50340 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=48724

my gear is a mix of items lvl 245-277
    my hit is at 13.75%
    i was thinkinh to take this one to replace talisman, because it will solve my hit cap problem and will leave me free to reforge stats that i need more atm.

my stats unbuffed are on fire specc 3100sp 750 haste 37% crit and 13.75% hit so i think that using this trinket and reforging haste/crit where ever i can on my gear will be a bigger boost than reforging hit to reach the cap
    Last edited by lockos; 2010-10-13 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember that the Talisman is better after the patch than before since intellect is now also spellpower.

well i checked the list with the items and the stats changes that mmo has http://db.mmo-champion.com/ and it seems that the talisman is the same if you mean by telling that will get better you mean the 599 sp on use will be 599 intelect after patch i don't think it will happen and i also think that i have seens cataclysm trinkets that giving sp on use.....

He means that the base int on the trinket, which has not changed, will be worth 128 SP since Int = SP now

oh i haven't realised that
    i am guessing i will have a lot of work to do with reforging etc to make it right

You can also use int+hit gems in blue sockets, replacing your spirit gems, as spirit is completely shit for mages now.

y given the fact that i have about 6 purple gems at my gear that will be 60 more hit

don't forget you can reforge - Quill has a lot of hit rating you can reforge.

well i just replaced the 5 purple gems on my gear that had 12intelect/10 spirit with intelect/hit gems and did one reforge spirit to hit and bingo 17/3% hit

Actually I was looking at this trinket today. One of my trinkets is heroic DFO so thats staying of course, but my second was either the 245 ToC one, or 251 spyglass. I was considering getting this because its 2 min CD coincides perfectly with our new burn phases. I would reforge the hit to mastery as well. And if I did this it would allow me to reforge the hit off another piece of gear instead of crit. I'm just thinking compared to the 180 constant SP from spyglass, the 760 or so SP every 2 mins during the burn phase might be a bigger dps boost. I was hesitant to actually buy it, and I couldn't test properly because I'd need to reforge it which would bind it to me I'm guessing. But its definitely something I'm considering. I think if the trinket doesn't drop from ruby sanctum this week I might pick this up and do some tests. What do you guys think?
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

i took it to test it and reforged it i didn't have any message telling me that if i perform this action the item will bind on my andafter i reforged it i still had 1hour + time to return it to vendor i went and tried to give it back and the vendor took it reforged and gave me the points back. so as for now reforging DOESN'T seem to bind items if used.

Good to know thanks, I'll do some tests with it later tonight then
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

have in mind that you can give it back take the points and take it again reforge it and continue testing to avoid it bind on you because the time limit. i think and i hope that is not game mehcnanism abuse and actually i will make a post asking it