Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    What about our def rating on the current gear? what will that be replaced with? mastery, or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifodyas View Post
    What about our def rating on the current gear? what will that be replaced with? mastery, or?
    Dodge

I see 88 def rating turned into an extra 48 dodge on the T10 277 helm.

T10 277 TOTALS
    3.5 --- 4.0
    STR 744 --- 744
    STA 1125 --- 1125
    ARM 13689 --- 11909 (- 1780 armor)
    DEF 355 --- 0 (No defense)
    DOD 353 --- 526 (+ 173 Dodge ~ 2.8%)
    PAR 247 --- 247
    EXP 93 --- 93
    HIT 69 --- 69
    Last edited by Devlin1991; 2010-10-13 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Putting that aside, you still want enough parry to keep Hold the Line up! :-)
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've completely bypassed Hold the Line, for now anyway. I might grab it if I come to the conclusion that I don't really like/need Thunderstruck. Still playing around.

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t88685-4...efore_posting/

According to this topic on elitistjerks, we shouldn't be reforging dodge for mastery (doesn't elaborate) but if we decide to reforge parry for more mastery we should get as much mastery as we can. Thoughts dodge reforging camp?

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post

According to this topic on elitistjerks, we shouldn't be reforging dodge for mastery (doesn't elaborate) but if we decide to reforge parry for more mastery we should get as much mastery as we can. Thoughts dodge reforging camp?
    It's hard to say anything about it without any numbers backing up the claim. Since Parry/Dodge have the same coefficients/DR I've been reforging to keep my dodge/parry fairly equal while dumping any excess into mastery. There's a lot to speculate about.

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t88685-4...efore_posting/

why the hell is dodge > parry ? Parry is vastly improved with hold the line! please elaborate

15+ Year Old Account
    Those beginning posts were made pretty early on & to be honest, they don't make much sense to me at all. I'm having the biggest problem now deciding on what exactly to drop for mastery. I dropped a bit of dodge from my Heroic Broken Ram Skull Helm & added some mastery to it giving me a 9.44 Mastery Rating.

What would you guys suggest for me to change?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...amar&cn=Knails

(Note that the helm Reforge has not shown up on armory)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've completely bypassed Hold the Line, for now anyway. I might grab it if I come to the conclusion that I don't really like/need Thunderstruck. Still playing around.
    It's got a good potential to have a 100% uptime, giving you flat +10% crit and critical block chance. That's 2 talent points for a great chunk of both survival and threat.

I have dumped all my dodge on every piece of gear into mastery. With hold the line I am an absolute blocking machine. Until you hit 81 tanking ICC without the chill debuff dodge becomes irrelevant. I am sitting at over 45% block with 24% mastery. Couple that with blood craze and you can literally stand in front of an elite mob and auto attack for days with out going below 70% health. Blizz wants us to be block kings so you naysayers out there keep dumping parry and keeping dodge and the rest of us will look that much smarter.

With the buff to Prot mastery, I see no reason not to reforge everything you can to parry/mastery.

Especially since the Chill of the Throne debuff is gone. I'm still holding strong at 20% dodge, 23% parry, and not 45% block with 24% critical Block chance. Couple that with 53k health self buffed (non icc numbers) and 65% AC. I think we're looking pretty decent on EH.

I'm really excited to test this out in a raid setting however.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

hmm a lot to think about. I have switch to my prot warrior from my pally, so my gear is not great. With the buff I was able to do ICC HM, but am wondering about reforging.

Armory
    Dodge 24.22%
    Parry 20.97%
    Block is showing 30%

So in reading here I am thinking about reforging my dodge to master until i am at 20% dodge

15+ Year Old Account
    Would there be any problem in reforging the dodge on the Heroic Corpse Tongue Coin and turning it into mastery?

anyone else think that blade ward can out perform mongoose/blood draining now because of parry/hold the line/mastery?

Done a lot of work on this on the official forums, can't post links though. If someone wouldn't mind hopping over to the official warrior forum and posting a link to the thread entitled: Prot Theorycraft - Mastery/Parry/Dodge

The findings were a little complex, but basically:

-Stack mastery as much as possible until you hit 100% critical block.
    -Then stack Parry/Dodge at equivalent rates (keep them equal) with a very slight edge given to parry for hold the line
    -As your dodge and parry go up hold the line will be up more often and your mastery should slowly be reduced down to the level required for 90% critical block.

Unless your already between 90% and 100% critical block, yes.

Theres a lot of great info in that thread on the official warrior forums, but ill also mention that these findings were for the 2.5% critical block per point of mastery currently on beta, not the 1.25% on live. On live The picture is not so clear, you only want about 100 mastery to minimize incoming damage, however there are other benefits to mastery like smoothing out incoming damage which cannot be quantified so easily.
    Last edited by daddylow; 2010-10-17 at 04:22 AM.

dumb question: what about reforging to stack as much mastery as possible? (with the current live numbers)

ive got around 21% dodge 18-ish % parry and 43% block by doing this, but was wondering if its a wise choice
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    dumb question: what about reforging to stack as much mastery as possible? (with the current live numbers)

That is the whole idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    That is the whole idea.
    lol what i meant is reforging whatever stat will give you the most mastery even if its parry

example (using made up numbers):

dodge rating: 50
    parry rating: 60

reforge parry into mastery for bigger mastery bonus

dodge rating: 50
    parry rating: 46
    mastery rating: 24

something like that... would reforging parry into mastery benefit a prot warrior more or would it be better to reforge the dodge instead?
    Last edited by Cracka_Bob; 2010-10-17 at 06:08 AM.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win